One must wear comfortable, non-baggy clothes and good sports shoes. The gliding other than being exciting can also be a little intimidating, so those with chronic medical conditions are advised to take note of all the concerns. However, paragliding is the best way for someone to overcome the fear of heights, and they are encouraged to build up some mental strength and courage and go for it.
Places for Paragliding in Mumbai
1. KamshetKamshet near Mumbai is best known as an outstanding paragliding spot for those looking for some adrenaline rush and adventure. The starting location for a flight here is Tower Hill, which is reached after an after a few minutes walk from the base. It is in Pune - Maharashtra Highway. On the hilltop and at the bottom of the hills, one will find many operators offering tandem paragliding to the visitors. Soaring in the sky, here at Kamshet one gets a bird's eye view of the lovely paddy and sunflower fields on the ground and gliding amidst the hills is a wholesome experience.
Price- INR 3000 for weekends, INR 2500 for weekdays, INR 500 for photo and video recording
The age limit for paragliding- 12-65 years.
Best time for paragliding- October to May; early in the morning or in the evening
2. Vasai ParamotoringThe best spot for paragliding in Vasai are Tokpada salt pans, Black Beauty at 960 feet and Sydney hill.
3. Juhu Beach Parasailing
- Juhu Beach is not only Mumbai's favourite tourist attractions but is also slowly becoming a sports hub amidst the Mumbaikars and the tourists.
- Parasailing behind a boat on the sea here cost as low as INR 300.
- One will find many operators for the activity on the beach itself, and thereâ€™s no pre-booking required.
Paragliding Operators at Kamshet
Flight height: 2200 feet above sea level.
Price: INR 4500 for 15-20 minutes.
Phone: 7038 071 071
Timings: 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Participants between the age group of 12-18 are allowed to do it under the guidance of a guardian.
2. Nirvana Paragliding
Address: Village Uksan, Vadivali Lake , Post Govithri, Kamshet , Taluka Maval, District Pune, Maharashtra.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Price: They Charge INR 2700 for a flight of 25 minutes.
Contact: 022 2605 3724.
3. Indus Paragliding School
Address: 67, Village Bhajgaon, Kamshet - Kundali Road, Taluka Maval, Kamshet, Maharashtra.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Contact: 077981 1100
4. FlyKamshet ParaglidingIt is one of the significant training schools for paragliding in Kamshet.
Timings: Open 24 hours.
Contact: 099706 80380, [email protected]
5. Space AppleSpace Apple organises paragliding and paramotoring training and joy ride at various locations around Vasai-Virar. They provide 7 to 10 minutes of flying on a paramotor for people above eight years of age with an experienced pilot.
Address: 1st Floor, Ish-Krupa, Gajbhat, Agashi Rd, Virar, Maharashtra.
Timings: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM. The maximum weight limit: 85 kgs.
Contact: 098224 99281
Cost: Paragliding For one person is Rs. 4,500. However, going in a group of 2 to 3 costs Rs 2,500 per person and for 7 to 10 persons is about Rs. 1,750 per person, which is reasonable.
Other operators for Paragliding in Mumbai1) Temple Pilots (Pune & Mumbai)
Contact: +91-9970053359, +91-9920120243.2) Wings and Flights (Pune & Mumbai)
Bookings: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Address: Institute of Paragliding & Paramotoring, Tupe Nagar, Opp Suzlon Head Office, Malwadi, Hadapsar, Pune, IndiaJennifer Menezes (Flying Coordinator/Administrator).3)Western Paragliding Association.
Contact details: +91 9850061929, 9822023790, [email protected]
It is operated under a group of three people who organise paragliding trips in various locations of Mumbai.
Address: Clubhouse, 1st floor 9A Yasmin Manzil, Sai Hill Nagar, Kopri, Virar (E)
Contact info: 91-22-22035271, 91-9821626063, 91-9821219126.