1. Hard Rock CafeHard Rock Cafe is amongst the first ones to bring popular bands to India. Jay Sean, Parikrama, and the Indian Ocean are few of the many artists who performed first in Hard Rock Cafe. They always have an impressive schedule of gigs that you would surely want to check out. So sit back and relax, order some bar snacks and a pitcher of beer, and enjoy your evening at this lively cafe.
When: 12:00 PM - 1:30 AM
2. Boston ButtYou'll have a lovely time at Boston Butt if you have an ear for jazz. The vintage American bar decor and light snacks add to the whole live music experience. A perfect evening at Boston Butt would be to bite into cheese bread while listening to soothing music.
When: Fridays, 8.30 PM - 10.30 PM
3. ReiseListen to English and Hindi live music and feed your wanderlust with "all around the world" travel decors on the walls at Reise. While you chew on delicacies, the live music will transport you to another world. Looking for an evening of tranquil and soulful music? Head over to Reise.
Where: Oriental Aster, 45, Tarun Bharat Society, Dr Karanjiya Road, Chakala, Near Cigarette Factory, Andheri East
When: Every Wednesday, 7:00 PM onwards
4. 3 Wise Monkeys3 Wise Monkeys have been a classic favourite for everybody because of their lip-smacking food and vibrant ambience. To top this off, they also have a great live music scene. Bite on delicacies like cucumber bruschetta, chicken panipuri, and fried shrimp. Finish off your meal with a berry vanilla bomb which is full of flavour.
Where: The Unicontinental Near Khar Railway Station, Rd Number 3, Ram Krishna Nagar, Khar West
When: The cafe is open from 12:00 PM to 01:00 AM
5. AntiSocialThis underground basement-type place explains why its named "Antisocial." But its opposite of anti-social that you'll witness here. The place is known for hosting sports screenings, comedy gigs, and most of all, live music performances. Keep a check on their Facebook page for upcoming events. They have good deals on beer and food if you go in a large group. So call in your squad for a musical evening.
Where: Basement, Rohan Plaza, 5th Road, S.V. Road, Khar West, Khar
When: Keep a check on event websites such as Insider and BookMyShow, and follow Social's Facebook page
6. NCPA - National Center for Performing ArtsThis isn't an eatery but is the place to be for all classical music lovers. NCPA has hosted international artists such as Dimitry Sitkovetsky and Yuri and legendary Indian artists such as Zakir Hussain and Pandit Ravishankar. Head over to NCPA for an evening packed with soulful music, From jazz to opera to Hindustani traditional music - this place knows how to flaunt Mumbai city's musical history.
Where: NCPA Marg, Nariman Point, Nariman Point
When: Shows generally start at 6:30 PM. Ticket price starts from 150. Some events are free of cost.
7. The FinchBeats, brews, and bites? The Finch has everything one could ask for. The cafe hosts local and international artists both. Classical, retro, jazz, R&B, soulful, and what not, the Finch has an impressive selection of all genres. Order anything from their vast menu having Oriental, European and Indian cuisines and craft beers to sip on while soaking in the musical atmosphere.
Where: Shah Industrial Estate, Opposite to Huntsman Building, Saki Vihar Road, Powai
When: Sundays: 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
8. Bombay AddaWith sheesha, delectable food and drinks, and live music hosted now and then, its hard not to fall in love in the latest rooftop addition in Mumbai. They have a varied menu to choose from. Try their hummusa (which is hummus in a shot glass served with a samosa on the top), Chole Kulche and Sri Lankan paneer chilli. Not only food, with a wide range of cocktails, but their alcohol game is also strong too. Head over to Bombay Adda when in a mood to party.
Where: 8th Floor, Ramee Emerald Building, Opp. ICICI Bank, Linking Road, Santacruz West
When: 12:00 PM to 01:00 AM
9. TheoryWith a great live music scene, Theory stands out amongst the sea of cafes Kamala Mills has. Fancy international artists from all over the world performing here would be a common sight for the ones who visit this place frequently. The classy black decor sets in a party mood the moment you step inside. Priced on the costlier side, be prepared to shell out a couple of extra bucks for an unmatched experience.
Where: Unit 1, Ground Floor, C Wing, Trade World Building, Kamla Mills Compound, Lower Parel
When: 07:00 PM to 01:00 AM
10. The Stables - Peninsula RedpineDubai's esteemed restaurant opened its doors to Mumbaikars only a year ago. The Victorian era interiors in here are a treat for the eyes. A dedicated stage for live music shows, a fully stocked bar along with palatable food options (grilled lamb chops, codfish and more), This restaurant for horse lovers never fails to impress.
Where: Peninsula Redpine, Near Airport Road Metro Station, Marol, Andheri East
When: 12:00 PM - 01:30 AM
11. Fountain SizzlersGo old school at this little SoBo restaurant. As the name suggests, Fountain Sizzlers have great continental sizzlers and sugary desserts. But Sizzlers aren't the only great thing they serve. Every Sunday night, you'll see a singer and guitarist making rounds of the restaurant and singing English songs as per request. This makes the restaurant one of a kind.
Where: 57 MG Road, Opposite HSBC, Kala Ghoda, Fort
When: Sundays, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM, 7:00 PM to 11:30 PM
12. Bombay to Barcelona Library CaféBombay to Barcelona Library Cafe is a cafe with a cause. With only one rule 'no discrimination' the cafe has volunteers as workers who will greet you with a smile and serve you in the friendliest way possible. Upcoming artists also perform there once in a while. There's a big bookshelf from where you could pick a book of your choice in exchange for another book. Books, food and live music set up a comforting mood at this place.
Where: Golden Nest Society Apartments, 3 and 4, Bori Colony, Andheri East, Marol, Mapkhan Nagar
When: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
13. Goa Portuguesa RestobarPop in at this authentic Goan cuisine restaurant for the seafood lover in you. They also serve Maharashtrian and South Indian cuisines. There's plenty of veg options for vegetarians too. The insides are decorated like beautiful Portuguese villa. The experience only gets better as you'll come across a singer with a guitar playing Hindi and Marathi songs on request.
Where: Mili Building, T. H. Kataria Road, Near Hinduja Hospital, Mahim
When: Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays, 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM
14. Cafe Haq SeCafe Haq Seis a place where Indian and International cuisines meet to form mouthwatering fusion food. Their daily live music performances add to the vibrant ambience the cafe has to offer. Do try their signature dish (specially prepared by the head chef for you). If you're looking for classic dishes, go for Lacy Gul Kebab and their all-time favourite Butter Chicken.
Where: Ground Floor, Trade View Building Oasis Complex, Gate 4, Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel
When: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM, 7:00 PM to 12:30 AM
15. Craft BarDon't have a weekend plan yet? Head over to Craft Bar on a Saturday for their live music. The lead singer over there surely knows what people want to listen to. With a mix of old and new Hindi songs and a bunch of English ones in between, be prepared to shake to groovy tunes. They have good offers on drinks too. So make sure you pre-book a table here to avoid missing out on the fun.
Where: Hallmark Business Plaza, Sant Dyaneshwar Marg, Near Chetna College, Kalanagar, Bandra East
When: Saturdays, 08:30 PM to 12:00 AM
16. Cafe Delhi HeightsCafe Delhi Heights is a flagship cafe straight from the capital. A night full of great burgers, cocktails and live music is what this place packs for you. Try the stuffed juicy lucy burger and open chicken burger full of flavours and pair it with a classic oreo cookie shake. Taste a bit of Delhi at Mumbai at this cafe.
Where: Unit 2, C.S. 448, Ground Floor, Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel
When: 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
17. VerandaHead over to Veranda for late night jazz. This artsy cafe located in the heart of Bandra (Pali Hill) serves delicacies and plays jazz till late night, making sure your weekend does not go in vain. Veranda cuts mediocrity by bringing in a new band every Saturday. They also have an extensive menu of drinks. Exotic wines, crafted beers, signature malts and cocktails, whiskey and what not. They have a drink keeping in mind each item on the menu.
Where: Hotel Executive Enclave, 331, Dr B R Ambedkar Road, Pali Hill, Bandra West
When: Saturdays, 11:00 PM to 02:00 AM
18. Typsy GypsyTypsy Gypsy leaves no stone unturned when it comes to giving their customers a live music experience unlike any other restaurant in town. The big stage area (big enough to fit four bands!) hosts various artists, from Youtubers and comedians to Sufi bands. There's something or the other going on here all day long. With colourful decor, multi-cuisine menu and cocktails that you would want to repeat over and over again, Typsy Gypsy is the ideal place for a fun-filled evening.
Where: Fun Republic Mall, Level 1, Off New Link Road, Veera Desai Industrial Estate, Andheri West
When: 04:00 PM to 01:00 AM
19. Basanti & Co.Like all things Indian? Visit Basanti & Co. for their authentic Mughlai, and Awadhi cuisine, pans, unique cocktails, and Bollywood live music. Try Dahi Ke Kebabs for starters, move on to Dum Aloo Lucknowi (with your choice of bread) and finish up your meal with Gabbar ka Paan, a flavourful cocktail with pan set on fire. All of it with live soothing music in the background sums up to be the ideal dinner night.
Where: 7/11, Meera Apartments, Juhu Versova Link Road, 7 Bungalows, Andheri West
When: Thursdays, 10:00 PM to 01:00 AM
20. Pickle & PintEnjoy good food and good music with good friends at Pickle & Pint. The soulful music played by Solo performers every week will win your heart for sure. The place leaves you spoilt with choice with cuisines ranging from the Mediterranean to Hyderabadi. Be it a weekday afternoon lunch or a weekend party dinner, Pickle & Pint packs a great deal of entertainment for you.
Where: Paradise By Tunga, P-16, Central Road, MIDC, Andheri East, Mahakali
When: 11:30 AM to 4:00 PM , 6:30 PM to 11:30 PM
So whether you drop in for a drink on a hot Sunday afternoon or a wholehearted meal, the live music at these places only makes things better.