Here is everything you need to know about Gay Bars in Dubai.
Gay rights in DubaiHomosexuality is illegal all across the United Arab Emirates and in some cities, it is punishable by death. Dubai, however, is a bit more liberal than other cities. Hence, here, homosexuality is an illegal offence punishable by imprisonment or fine instead of death. Being openly gay or homosexual is not acceptable and is viewed with a taboo by masses. Hence, it is advisable not to show open love for the same sex when in the Emirates or Dubai.
In spite, of strict restrictions all over the city on homosexuality, there is a well-spread Underground Gay Network all over the city. A lot of Gay bars operating in the city. Even though no bar is an outright gay bar but quite a lot of bars, are gay-friendly.
Here is a list of Gay bars and Clubs found in the city of Dubai
1. Level 43 Sky Lounge
It is a roof-top lounge, well-lit and spacious. The location of the room captures the hearts of all the tourists by providing, a serene 360-degree view of the entire city from the rooftop. The bar is very gay-friendly with staff being equally cooperative towards gay couples.
Location: 43rd floor, Sheraton Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road
Timings: 2:00 PM to 2:00 AM
Cost for two (includes alcohol): Approx. AED 450
2. Bar 44It is another rooftop bar with beautiful interiors. With lip-smacking food and amazing cocktails, the bar attracts large crowds. Located on the top floor of Grosvenor House, the bar is welcoming towards gay couples, given the fact that they can avoid public display of affection.
Location: Grosvenor House, Al Emreef Street
Timings: 7:00 PM onwards everyday.
Cost for two (includes alcohol): AED 450
3. Gold on 27The lavish bar, offers delicious food, extravagant ambience and a wide variety of cocktails and drinks to all its guests. Located at the beautiful Burj Al Arab, the friendly and cooperative staff attracts quite a lot of gay couples here. Their services ensure that all of its customers feel no less than a king.
Location: Jumeirah Beach Road, 27th floor, Burj Al Arab
Timings: 6:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
Cost for two (includes alcohol): AED 400
4. 101 Lounge and BarProviding lavish views of the Dubai Marina, this bar is famous for its delicious sea-food and unique varieties of cocktails. The views of skyline Dubai, along with a vast menu, attracts a large number of people towards this bar. Being on the pricy side, the services of the lounge make it all worth it. This lounge is equally supportive of gays and gay couples.
Location: West Crescent, Palm Jumeirah.
Timings: 11:30 AM to 1:00 AM
Cost for two (includes alcohol): Approx. AED 580.
5. Pure Sky LoungeLocated at the 35th floor of the Hilton Dubai, The Walk Hotel, the lounge offers mesmerising views to all its guests. Apart from the royal ambience, the bar is famous for its food. The bar is well-known for its fantastic sunset views and brunches.
Location: The Walk, Level 35
Timings: 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM
Cost for two (includes alcohol): Approx. AED 390
6. 40 KongIt is another famous sky-high lounge offering a 360-degree view of the entire city. The drinks offered by this bar are so flavoursome that people cannot resist them. The sophisticated and fashionable crowd makes the whole atmosphere of the bar extremely lively. The bar is well known for its mouth-watering food and a large variety of cuisines. The courteous staff ensures that all its customers have a gala time in the lounge.
Location: 40th floor, The H hotel, 1 Sheikh Zayed Road.
Timings: 7:00 PM to 3:00 AM
Cost for two (includes alcohol): Approx. AED 400.
7. Miss Lily’sThe bar is well-known for its famous Caribbean cuisine along with a fusion of flavours of the Middle East. The décor of the bar is like a warehouse with funky and vibrant artwork. The specially curated menu has roots of Jamaican cuisine, which are incredibly delicious. The lively DJ makes people dance to its tunes.
Location: Sheikh Zayed Road, 5th floor, Sheraton Grand Hotel.
Timings: 7:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
Cost for two (includes alcohol): Approx. AED 430.
8. Stereo ArcadeThe Stereo Arcade is a specially designed lounge has a retro nightclub on one side and a hip-hop room on the other. Stereo Arcade is one of the famous spots when it comes to clubbing and nightlife. The fantastic DJ makes people groove on its tunes. The neon-lit night club offers a great combination of food, drinks and rock music.
Location: Double Tree by Hilton Hotel, The Walk.
Timings: 6:00 PM to 3:00 AM.
Cost for two (includes alcohol): Approx. AED 400.
9. Music HallThe famous venue has hosted multiple concerts of popular artists. The public has witnessed musical and cultural evenings. Apart from hosting live musical events, the hall also acts as a club and a theatre. This concept of music hall is traditionally from Beirut. Every Thursday and Friday, a minimum of 10 multicultural live performances are organised. It is a perfect venue for people in love who want to add a musical touch to their evenings in Dubai.
Location: Jumeirah Zabeel Saray Hotel, Palm Jumeirah.
Timings: 9:00 PM to 3:00 AM.
Cost (includes alcohol): Approx. AED 264.
10. Belgian Beer CafeThe wooden panelled cafe is a famous hotspot for beer lovers. Along with fresh draught beers, the cafe has delicious food offered to its guests. Along with live music and affordably priced food, this place is a perfect destination for all the gay couples out there. The friendly staff with quick service and tasty food is sure to be an ideal night outing.
Location: G floor, Grand Millennium Dubai, Exit 36, Al Bashra South.
Timings: 12:00 PM to 2:00 AM
Cost for two (includes alcohol): Approx. AED 450.
- It is necessary to avoid all public displays of affection with members of the same sex when in Dubai or the Emirates.
- Prefer staying in gay-friendly hotels. If not, then book a room with two single beds.
- Be conscious of your social media handles and what you’re posting. Avoid any such situations, where there are chances of being caught by the police.
- If caught by the police, then severe punishments can follow, which can include fines and imprisonment.