Alserkal Avenue is an arts and culture district in Al Quoz, Dubai. Started as an industrial unit with several warehouses, the community has now been transformed into a significant art and culture forum. The Alserkal District accommodates several houses for local and global artists, art galleries, museums, performing platforms, design studios and exhibition halls. The place is a perfect amalgamation of engineering and creative spaces and at present has more than 94 warehouses.
Photos of Alserkal Avenue
Book Dubai Activities
Burj Khalifa Observation Deck Ticket in Dubai
Deals start ₹2,855
Burj Khalifa + Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo Combo Tickets
The arts district functions with the aim of encouraging present-day art and to create a productive community. Spread across 50,000 square feet, it is a designed warehouse which signifies creativity and talent of artists and local handicrafts. Visit the art galleries, art spaces, studios, project spaces, theatre and even have a good meal at the cafes. The creative expression of artwork and knowledge in abundance is what you will find when in the UAE's first art district. The place is the perfect abode for different personalities, artists, workers, creative souls and art junkies alike.
The district highlights and shows the interdependent relationship between art and fashion, kinetics and art and how technology and the latest trends are important for survival.
Explore music and photography or try to understand the folk culture or enjoy a movie or documentary in the small theatre that the district has to offer.
The area surrounding this arts hub is as colourful and full of unique gems as it is on the inside. You can engage in adventure activities like rock climbing and indoor climbing or play in the sports centre. The vicinity has a trampoline park and a 24-fitness gym to add up to its fun and thrill as well. You can also cycle around or get yourself clicked against the graffiti walls or coloured trucks and backgrounds.
Must-Visit Places at Alserkal Avenue
Though beautiful and interesting throughout, Alserkal Avenue has certain special galleries and museums that are worth giving a visit.
1. Ayyam Gallery is one of the firsts galleries to open up in 2008 by a Syrian artist. Considered to be a big and bold gallery, it revolves around the issues of terrorism, war and identity.
2. Third Line is the oldest contemporary art space and is highly large and spacious. It represents Iranian-middle Eastern art.
3. Carbon 12 is an active art gallery which came to the avenue in the year 2009 and brought along many other exhibitionists and artists to Al Quoz district. It recently held its 50th exhibition and aims at educating and engaging the public. It occasionally holds talks and book launches.
4. Junction is a performing arts space with an open platform for various comedians, poets, dancers, actors and musicians. It provides a display of talent and culture combines.
5. Mad, aka, MECHANICAL ART DEVICES GALLERY is a perfect display of art and mechanics combined. It uses the latest technology and machines and exhibits a series of watches, cars, bikes, robots and flying creatures.
6. Grey Noise is a conventional art gallery which was originally founded in Bangalore, India and now based in Dubai. It focuses on local and contemporary art practices from South Asia and Middle East.
7. The Fridge is a growing collaborated performing arts centre which focuses on innovation and talent. Situated in Warehouse no. 5, The Fridge is open to various singers, musicians, acrobats, dancers as well as to artists performing concerts, rock, classical and pop.
Quirky Cafes at Alserkal Avenue
1. The A-4 Cafe situated in the avenue is not just a cliché café but also a co-working space with projector and cinema rooms. It has free wi-fi and worth trying snacks and coffee. It is also a great place for holding meetings.
2. Mizam Chocolate Maker is another famous place in the avenue. They are famous for their chocolates, gourmet bars, cocoa beans and the factory where you can watch everything- from making to the packing of the yummy chocolate bars!
3. Wild and the Moon is the go-to place for all health freaks situated near the arts hub. Famous for its healthy dishes and delicacies. This café serves fresh fruits and vegetable juices and smoothies. It has a live fruit counter and also has tasty snack-bars.
4. The Moon is another restaurant-café surrounding the Alserkal district and is themed all organic and raw. The place serves raw, plant-based food and drinks. Turmeric latte at the café is a must-try.
5. Tom & Serg located on the Sheikh Zayed Road in Al Quoz is another famous café famous for its coffees. The place is also widely visited by the local crowd because of its smoothies, vegan food and eggs.
How To Reach Alserkal Avenue
Nearest Metro Station: First Gulf Bank Situated in Al Quoz, Dubai, the Alserkal district can be easily reached by taking a metro and a bus. Thereafter take a 12-minute bus ride and then walk for about 5 minutes from the Al Quoz Bin Yaleith Mosque to reach the avenue.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free
Delightful Dubai Shopping Festival Package
Starting from ₹21,820
CUSTOMIZE & BOOK
Panoramic Dubai Tour
Starting from ₹13,900
CUSTOMIZE & BOOK
Fascinating Dubai Vacation
Starting from ₹33,986
CUSTOMIZE & BOOK
Romantic Dubai , Ras Al Khaimah, Yas Island and Abu Dhabi Package