Dubai Tennis Championships 2020
Date : 17 February 2020 to 29 February 2020
Venue : Dubai Duty Free Tennis Stadium, Garhoud, Dubai
Timings : 10:30 AM to 7:00 PM (may vary on different days)
Tickets can be purchased from the stadium box office or online from the official website. There are three types of tickets that you can buy for the Dubai Tennis Championships, starting from AED 105 -
- Prime A: Prime A seats are the first two rows of seating located around Centre Court. Prime A seats in the North stand (facing the Royal Box) are the only pre-allocated seats, i.e. fixed seat numbers. Prime A seats in the East and West stands to offer free seating within these designated areas except the branded Sponsor Seating.
- Prime B: Prime B seats are located in the North stand. Prime B seats provide free seating on a first-come, first-served basis at the North Stand.
Dubai Tennis CentreWith 28 years in the ATP tournament and 20 years in the WTA tournament under its belt, the Dubai Tennis Championships is recognised as a prime sporting event in the region and has received many awards of recognition by both The ATP and WTA.
The Dubai Tennis Centre, formerly the Aviation Club, has been the home to the championship since its inauguration in 1993. Located in the grounds of the Dubai Tennis Centre, the Dubai Duty-Free Tennis Stadium which comprises a 5000 seat centre court, VIP area and Royal enclosure, press office, press interview rooms, WTA and ATP World Tour offices, TV commentary boxes and changing rooms, has been voted the best venue by tennis players. When not being used for the Dubai Tennis Championships, the stadium is an entertainment hub in Dubai, and also a leading concert venue, with performances by top artists from around the world. The stadium is also home to the Tennis Village, Irish Village and Century Village, that offers a variety of dining options.
Activities at the Dubai Tennis Championships
1. The Tennis Academy Youth DayThe Tennis Academy Youth Day will be held on the opening day of the championships, giving Tennis Emirates affiliated academies the opportunity to participate in tennis skills and drills clinic and interact with WTA superstars.
2. Tennis Emirates DayTennis Emirates is the governing body of tennis in UAE, and the Tennis Emirates Days allow U8 and U10 academy children to experience tennis and interact with top players.
3. J.P. Morgan Kids’ DayThe J.P. Morgan kids’ days are an excellent opportunity for local school children to experience the game of tennis, see what it takes to be a ball kid, meet and have a hit with tennis stars.
4. Special Needs ClinicThe Lacoste special needs clinic and the DDF special needs clinic, for children with special needs, provide care and an opportunity for them to experience tennis and meet players.
5. Competitions and PromotionsCatch and Win - Every day at the start of each session; fans will be able to ‘Catch and Win’ as ten tennis balls are hit into the crowd. Each ball caught can be redeemed at the Dubai Duty-Free stand for an exciting prize from the sponsors.
Social media competitions - Two social media competitions are held each during the WTA week and the ATP week. The social media competition prize is two tickets to the final (WTA & ATP) and two tickets to attend the Players’ Party (WTA & ATP) with an opportunity to meet star players.
Radio competitions and promotions - ARN radio is running several competitions and promotions across Dubai Eye 103.8, Dubai 92, Al Arabiya 99 and Hit. Winners will receive tickets to the tennis.
6. EntertainmentEntertainers will perform for the spectators and fans in the Tennis village throughout the tournament. The Tennis Village has big screens featuring the live-action and is open to the general public.
This two-week-long championship, which has seen victories by the likes of tennis pros Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Venus Williams, is a spectacle of fierce competition on the court and energising entertainment for spectators off the court.