This new initiative was brought about after the Supreme Court raised a concern which stated- “Why should credit being issued by the airlines be limited to a short period or for the same route?” Here's what you need to know about the policy.
What's so valuable about it? The offer is certainly worthwhile. Here's what the circular states-
- As per the policy, all bookings made between March 15 and August 24, 2020, stand valid until December 2021.
- It includes both domestic and international flight tickets.
- The flyers will now be allowed to change the flight, date, or route of their journey without bearing additional charges until August 24.
- The price of the purchased ticket will be adjusted against the new fare.
- In the case of a lower fare charged against the rescheduled ticket, there will be no refund.
- Re-issuance instills no further charges.
- Air India promises complete security for the purchased ticket, fare, type, and validity.
- In case of sudden cancellation of a particular flight (viewing the COVID crisis, lockdown, and border seals) the ticket and its value remain unchanged.
- All bookings must be done before 31 December 2021 and the journey should be completed latest by 31 December 2021.
We are sure that your flight booking woes have been put to rest after with the waiver policy. What keeps you waiting now? Book your flight tickets now and travel anytime until December 2021!
Has this brought forth some relief? Let us know your views in the comments below!