This system of Online Passport Application was a huge step by the government that helped reduce the traffic and congestion at the Passport Seva Kendras, also known as PSKs. And it also helped make life easier for all the applicants as they now do not have to wait in queues for hours on end. Once the details are filled and submitted at the portal, the applicants are given three dates and respective slots of time. They are asked to choose one depending on their availability and are then called to the passport office in their allotted slots. This way is much easier and much less time consuming.
Here’s listing a few steps as how to apply for a passport from the Passport Seva Online Portal. Have a look.
- Visit the official website for the same- passportindia.gov.in.
- On the left side, select ‘New User Registration’ if you are a new user or ‘Existing User Login’ in case you are a return user.
- Post registration, login after entering your new username and password.
- You can fill the online application form and submit it online. Or you can download the e-form, take a print, fill it and then upload the same at the portal. The site is going to ask you for the availability of a few documents. You do not necessarily need to submit it here, you can choose to take it with you to the office later during the appointment.
- Next, you will have to choose an appointment date at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) depending on your availability. It is advised to be thorough with al the previous steps and details before you schedule an appointment. Once you have confirmed all this, choose a date and click on ‘Schedule Appointment’ to obtain the final appointment date.