Are you visiting Vietnam any sooner? Here's a well-curated 7-day itinerary that will give an experience into most of what the country has to offer. We bet you can't find a better one!
Budget: Enjoy this Vietnam trip under INR 30,000 (Including Flight Tickets)
Day - 1 Ho Chi Minh City
1. Locate Yourself at a Hotel Fitting your BudgetOf course, the first thing you do on a trip is hit-up the hotel, take a good view of the hotel and the cityscapes it has to offer!
2. Dig Into a Hearty Breakfast at the HotelFreshen up and eat off a fulfilling buffet offering different cuisines. Most hosts do ensure you have complimentary breakfast, so we suggest you make the most of your morning meals!
3. Take the Most Galvanizing View of Ho Chi Minh from Landmark 81 Saigon SkyviewThere's something extremely special about this viewpoint of Ho Chi Minh. Not just the tallest of Ho Chi Minh, but that of South Asia, the 81-floor towering building, has the best sight that one can catch in, in the city- the magnificent cityscape. It does not just bear an impressive height but also the best luxurious entertainment in the city. The bars and cafeterias located will give you toothsome beverages with a view! What better than this to kickstart your trip. The Low E-glass will give you a more enhanced view along with the water effects and LED illuminations!
Address: 720A Dien Bien Phu Floor 79, 80, 81, Ward 22, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City 700000 Vietnam
4. Lunch at Coco Ichibanya We suggest you eat a hefty lunch at the Landmark 81 itself. You'd want a meal overlooking the cityscape so hit-up Coco Ichibanya. Dig into a delicious Japanese culinary spread with curries and sushi that will leave you salivating. It promises a great experience, much elevated as compared to any other outlet of Coco Ichibanya in the world.
Address: 208 Nguyen Huu Canh The Landmark 81, Floor 2, Ward 22, Binh Thanh, Ho Chi Minh City 700000 Vietnam
5. Soak into the Vietnamese History at the War Remnants MuseumHistorical aficionados are going to be delighted! The War Remnants Museum has all the relics from the Vietnamese wars and the Indo-China War. The museum bears a series of themed rooms in several buildings, with period military equipment placed within a walled yard. Tiger cages and graphic photography are other important highlights of the museum.
Address: 28 Võ Văn Tần, Phường 6, Quận 3, Hồ Chí Minh 700000, Vietnam
6. Dinner at Bún Bò Nam Bộ Bà BàAsian, Vietnamese and street food nibbles dominate the menu of Bún Bò Nam Bộ Bà Bà. Located in the vicinity of the museum, the restaurant also has vegan-friendly options as well as lots of vegetarian dishes on the menu, making it easy for vegan visitors! Curate a heart-warming bowl meal according to your taste, and you'll have one of the best meals in the city! The staff is friendly too. The Bun Bo Nam Bo dish is the ultimate delicacy that is a must-try here!
Address: 76 Nguyen Thai Binh Nguyen Thai Binh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City 700000 Vietnam
Day - 2
1. Binge on Breakfast at Your HotelRise early, savour a delicious breakfast from the spread at your hotel and take your own leisurely time to dig into the morning feast. Get dressed and head for your tour of the day.
2. Explore the Animal Kingdom at the Dai Nam ParkA long drive from the centre of Ho Chi Minh, the Dai Nam Park is a great place to witness the man-made culture of Vietnam. The stunning Dai Nam Zoo- house of the wildlife, is not just a treat for the admirers of the creatures but also has an attached Amusement park and a Vein wonderland. It's a delightful attraction and the best way to spend the morning. It opens as early as 6 AM. So to make the most of it, we recommend heading here at an early hour.
Address: Tân Định, Bến Cát, Binh Duong 823480, Vietnam
3. Lunch at Quan Vit CU CHIAfter an early tour, we bet you have to satiate your hunger pangs so head to Quan Vit CU CHI. A restaurant close to the Dai Nam Park. You will be relishing amazing duck delicacies here. It's one of the best places to head to if you're fond of or have been waiting to try duck. Spacious yet cosy, good service and ambience, this place is amazing for a hearty luncheon.
Address: 66 Hồ Văn Cống, Tương Bình Hiệp, Thủ Dầu Một, Bình Dương, Vietnam
4. Tour of Cu Chi TunnelsHead for a tour of the Cu Chi Tunnel after having spent a considerable amount of time at the park. Brilliantly reflecting on the guerilla tactics of the earlier times, these tunnels which have served a purpose to the military during the Vietnam war are a great place to visit. One can indulge in shooting at the rifle range and pick up souvenirs to take back home as well. It's always good to taste the historic site of the town and witness the sights of resistance in the country.
Address: Phu Hiep TL15 Phu Hiep, Ho Chi Minh City 700000 Vietnam
5. Return to HotelGet back to the hotel after completing a hefty amount of tour during the day. Kick back, go for a swim or simply unwind in your bed because you deserve some rest.
6. Head to Chill SkybarNow in Ho Chi Minh, if you don't explore the nightlife, then you do nothing. Head to Chill Skybar, a place with great outdoor seating and services, drinks, food and a nightscape like never before. The upscale place has people who are thoroughly dressed to impress. A real wow factor is the outside seating, especially as you descend the few steps that lead to the terrace and take in the sweeping panorama for the first time. The bar is decked in neon lighting that keeps up with the very upbeat mood of the bar. The cocktails and food are irresistible!
Address: AB Tower, Tầng 26, 76A Lê Lai, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Day - 3
1. Down a Delicious Breakfast at the HotelWake up to the last day in Ho Chi Minh and head for your breakfast. As sad as it is, yes it would be the last buffet breakfast to hogg on as it's the last day. Nevertheless, make the most of it!
2. Head Out to Saigon Square Mall for a Retail TherapyA little retail therapy hurt no one, not at least in Vietnam. You have to shop before you leave and there's no better place than Saigon Square. Bags, bargains and binge, you'll get to experience all of it. The mall has stuff at dirt-cheap prices, and you can pick quite a haul here. Don't hesitate to excavate every corner of the market!
Address: 81 Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
3. Explore and Lunch at Ben Thanh Street Food MarketAt a stone's throw distance, Ben Thanh Street Food Market is one of the greatest places to shop around for street food and shopping in Ho Chi Minh. Compensating for the heat, the spread of street kiosks and shops where one can buy local handicrafts, branded goods, Vietnamese art, and other souvenirs. Navigate deeper into the market to hunt down the eating stalls where you dig into the delicacies of hawker-style Vietnamese cuisine or sip from refreshing drinks to chill from the heat and bargain woes.
Address: Chợ, Đường Lê Lợi, Phường Bến Thành, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh 700000, Vietnam
4. Return to the Hotel to Pack for your next destinationAfter your shopping haul, pack and dump all your retails and get ready to head off to the next destination- Hanoi. We bet you're excited to see what's in store for Hanoi!
5. Leave for HanoiTake off to the magnificent destination and capital of Vietnam to excavate the picturesque century-old architecture with a hint of French and Chinese quarters. It's going to be better than Ho Chi Minh City!
6. Soak in the Views of the Capital and Settle for Dinner at Your HotelCatch sight of the city hustle after a 2-hour long flight to Hanoi. Get to your hotel, check-in and eat dinner at the hotel itself. It's better not to exhaust yourself and unwind to pump up for the next day in this magical capital!
Day 4 - Hanoi
1. Go Easy on the Morning Schedule on Your First day in HanoiAs exciting as travelling is, it turns out to be tiring too. So chill out, relax and wake up late because you don't want your vacation to turn too cumbersome. Take your own leisurely time, head for a spa or a swim in your hotel and laze around.
2. Eat a Delectable Brunch at Your Hotel or a Restaurant NearbyPick your eatery according to your will. Either eat a nice brunch at your hotel or head to a restaurant or cafe in your vicinity. You may have some desired restaurant that you want to tick off as per your choice so you can probably head there.
3. Pay Your Respects to the Most Popular Leader of Vietnam at Ho Chi Minh MausoleumMake an unconventional visit to the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum. It is one of the most famous and visited attractions in Hanoi. It is the final resting place of Ho Chi Minh, the most iconic and popular leader of Vietnam, known to his people as ‘Uncle Ho’. His body is preserved here in a glass case at the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum in central Hanoi which is worth catching sight of. You might see it as an uninteresting landmark, but it's all worth it when you pay a visit!
Address: 2 Hùng Vương, Điện Bàn, Ba Đình, Hà Nội 100000, Vietnam
4. Relish a Late Lunch at Cau Go RestaurantLunching at Cau Go Restaurant is a must! A very upscale and idyllic restaurant, it serves some of the best Vietnamese food in Hanoi, marking a treat for your taste-buds! The meticulously designed and decorated restaurant parallels the heritage of its Old Quarter location, infused with understated elegance. At the open-air rooftop terrace, the contemporary chic decor entices a laid-back vibe for more a casual dining and drinks atmosphere while guests are immersed in the unobstructed panoramic views across the historic Hoan Kiem lake and its surroundings. The home-made tofu, soft shell crab and grilled Lang fish top off as the best on the menu!
Address: 73 Cầu Gỗ, Hàng Trống, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
5. Experience the Unique Thang Long Water Puppet TheatreA much-revered art form of Vietnam, the water puppet show reflects a time when rice paddy fields were flooded, and villagers would put up a show by standing in the waist-deep water with the puppets performing over the water. This is Vietnam's form of puppetry which is extremely offbeat and heart-warming. If you're looking for a great experience in Hanoi that is unlike any other, this puppet show is a must! You'll not get enough of marvelling at the endearing dance and drama of the dolls!
Tip: Make sure you check for the availability of seats and timings before heading for the show.
Address: 57B Dinh Tien Hoang - Hoan Kiem - Ha Noi, Hanoi 10000 Vietnam
6. Explore Hanoi's Artsy Culture and Chic Nightlife at Tadioto
Address : 24 Tông Đản, Tràng Tiền, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Day - 5
1. Gorge Early from the Breakfast Spread at the HotelRise early and head for breakfast because there's a full-day tour scheduled for you. Make sure you eat to your complete appetite on this day so as to keep yourself full for a few hours.
2. Take a 24-Hour Hop-on Hop-Off Bus Tour Pass and Explore the CityThe Hop on hop off your is quite an exciting experience where one gets to explore the popular landmarks of the city. The rich complexities of Asian culture, quaint alleys, French quarters, majestic temples and a lot more. This tour also includes flanking other popular beaches like the Long Bien Beach and icons of the city like the Imperial Citadel. The towering Tran Quo Pagoda and West Lake top off as some of the more thrilling and must-visit sights of the city.
Tourists get to hop off, explore and return to the bus in stipulated time. You will have to visit eateries and pick up snacks as per the convenience of the tour as well as the proximity and availability of restaurants in the vicinity. This tour mostly covers all major tourist spots of the city that you can cover all within a day!
3. Return to HotelReturn to the hotel at your own convenience. You may or may not prefer a hearty dinner at the hotel, and we suggest you flank the eateries that fall closer to the landmarks you visit during your bus tour!
Day - 6
1. Head for a Delicious Breakfast at Croissland by NgonbakeryStart off with an appetizing breakfast at Croissland to binge on flavourful croissants, cakes and more. The quaint cafe is a picturesque one with great seating, food, and service. It emits a French vibe that will have you lost in the world full of bakes and cakes. If you have a soft spot for croissants, don't miss out on this one!
Address: 66 Ton Duc Thang, Hanoi 100000 Vietnam
2. Take the Day-Long Halong Bay Tour - Venture into Islands, Caves, and Kayak Through a CruiseHalong Bay is a gem of Hanoi that every tourist has on its itinerary. Indulge in a scenic drive, passing from the rustic zones of northern Vietnam followed by a Halong Bay cruise. This tour, round-trip from Hanoi is an exciting day-long thrill that includes kayaking accompanied by delectable seafood lunch served, en voyage. A local tour guide enlightens you whilst you're awe-struck at the towering limestone karsts, drifting along the World Heritage-listed waters of Halong Bay. You will be marvelling at caves such as Thien Cung Cave (Heavenly Palace Cave).
3. Unwind at the HotelThe Halong Bay tour is an exciting but tiresome one so you might want to head back to your hotel to take some rest.
Day - 7
1. Eat Yet Another Early Breakfast at the HotelAnother hectic day of tour demands a wholesome breakfast! There's nothing better than a complimentary breakfast that is offered at hotels. From fruits, eggs, croissants, and even assorted meals, the buffet is usually best to hog on to prepare for the day! Alas, it's the last day! Make the most of it.
2. Enjoy the Last Leg of Your Trip by Taking a Day-Long Tour of Perfume PagodaThe Perfume Pagoda or the inner temple is located at the heart of the spiritual site bearing a catacomb primarily of Buddhist temples built into the limestone cliffs of Huong Tich. At the heart of this complex lies the Perfume Temple or Perfume Pagoda in the Huong Tich Cave. It is lined up with multiple pagodas, mainly Buddhist sites. Seek good luck from the stalagmites inside the caves and take home some goodwill and prosperity. This site is usually a choc-a-bloc of tourists and due to its reverential beauty and enchantment. The dragon-mouth entry will make you go awe-struck by the sheer mysticism of this spiritual centre.
This tour includes transporting yourself to the region by boat across the Yen Stream. You'll also be able to take an aerial view from a cable car and admire the temple complex.
Address: Hương Sơn, Mỹ Đức, Hanoi 100000, Vietnam
3. Return to Your Hotel, Eat Dinner and Get Packed to Return Home the Following DayIt's time you wrap up to head home! Eat dinner at your hotel, relax and shed off the exhaustion before you head to your routined life.
Vietnam is an exhilarating beauty! It emits charm and glory like no other country. If you've restricted your travel to 4 days, Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi are two of the best cities to cover. Stick to the itinerary, and you'll have a great time. Hospitality and tourism are unique and unmatched to any other, thus promising an awesome tour!
When are you heading to Vietnam? If you have any queries, leave us a comment in the section below, and we'll take care of it!