What is the Dubai Shopping Festival?
Dubai Shopping Festival 2020 DatesDSF is an annual event mostly held in the first quarter of the year. It roughly lasts a month. For quite a few years, the festival has been from the first week of January to the first week of February. During DSF, the malls also tend to have longer working hours which ensure that you have plenty of time to shop till you drop!
Dates: January 1, 2020 - February 2, 2020
Where to Shop During DSF?Festivities during DSF are usually held all over Dubai. That's right. Every mall and mostly every retail store in Dubai participate in the festival. To mark the commencement of the festival, various parks, hold firework and fair-styled events. These parks hold fireworks and other events every day to celebrate DSF.
Top places to visit during DSF are:
1. The Dubai Mall
2. Ibn Battuta Mall
3. Mall of the Emirates
4. Global Village
5. Dubai Gold Souk
Read the complete list of places to shop in Dubai here.
What to buy from Dubai Shopping Festival 2019?
- Electronics: The crazy deals on electronic items make it another favourite among consumers. Apart from, the discounts and other offers on electronics, DSF is also the time when companies launch new products. This is because it is a perfect platform for the companies as people from all over the world attend the launches. So, you may also get a chance to win these products through raffle draws or other exciting offers.
- Furniture: One can buy furniture and various home appliances from a variety of brands at a discounted price as well.
- Jewellery: If you're a fan of authentic jewellery, then DSF is your place. The unique designs during DSF and affordable prices make jewellery shopping a necessity among the residents.
- Leather products: You will also be spoilt with choices to buy leather bags, leather jackets and cosmetics in DSF.
- Perfumes from the high-end stores come cheaper after discounts.
- Watches of different kinds such as diamond-studded or the one with quartz dial, all of them come at an affordable price because of heavy discounts.
Huge Discounts to HarnessOver 1500 stores, ranging from electronic accessories to gold jewellery have participated in the Dubai Shopping Festival to make it a success. The discounts are going as high as 75% and more among the tops brands of clothes, home décor items, electronic gadgets, dry fruits, jewellery and much more.
There are major top international brands taking part in the Dubai Shopping Festival. Stores and brands such as Apple, Sony, Zara, AllSaints, Topshop, West Elm, IDdesign, Jack & Jones, Armani, De Beers, Burberry, Prada, Condotti, Acer, Cross Gold, to name a few are making their products available at unbelievably low prices for the shoppers. The participating brands range in their products from electronic gadgets and clothes to jewellery, leather bags and jackets, perfumes, and edible items. With all such unbelievable discounted products of top brands, the Dubai Shopping Festival is one of the largest shopping festivals in the world.
Dubai Shopping Festival AppThe Dubai Shopping Festival app organizes DSF packages to provide you with unforgettable experiences. The app also provides packages that include visiting other landmarks around the city. They design every element of your Dubai holiday and have multilingual tour planners who offer you comprehensive travel solutions. It is also recommended to shop early and research well before heading out to shop. A comprehensive guide is often distributed in every mall to highlight all the activities that will take place in that particular mall/place during DSF. Besides, their official website and the regional newspapers will keep you covered for the activities and the offers in DSF.
Other Things to Do During Dubai Shopping FestivalSo what happens if shopping isn't really your scene? DSF is celebrated like any other festival in Dubai: with pomp and show. Which means, shopping isn't the only experience to please your soul. There exist a plethora of activities that go on here which you could participate in, apart from shopping.
- Fireworks happen almost every day in major parks like Creek Park and Zabeel Park. Once you're here to watch the lovely fireworks, arrive a bit early since there would be a ton of activities and other things to do here. Winter months make it ideal for anyone to stay in the park for a picnic; so while you're in the park, you can participate in loads of activities organized for kids, magic shows, food tasting carnival, face painting, etc.
- Street Plays: Throughout the emirate, you'd get to see lots of impressive street plays and live shows by artists and musicians. There are also parades that take place in the downtown area where you'd feel a colourful and vibrant atmosphere.
- Events in Malls: In malls too, there would be various things to do other than shopping. Flash mobs and fashion shows are regular in every mall. In Dubai Mall, the ice rink gets converted to a fashion show ramp. There would be various game shows held in every other mall where you'd be able to win prizes.
- Workshops and Exhibitions: All around the city, from hotels to malls, from parks to resorts, from landmark destinations to the downtown area, various workshops and exhibitions are held. Celebrity meet and greet are also organized for the public. Besides all this, perhaps one of the main highlights are the raffle draws that take place every day at every mall. Where the lucky winners can take home cars, cash, home appliances, gift vouchers or even gold.
- Film Festivals: If this much isn't enough, the major film festivals like Dubai International Film Festival and Children's International Film Festival is usually held around that period, so watch these movies and catch your favourite stars attending press conferences or even as they walk the red carpet.