With the summer just around the corner, the weather is extremely pleasant and worth a trip. The sandstorms are rare in the month of March, and with the winter fading out the breeze is much more soothing. The temperatures can rise to about 30° Celcius, while the minimum hovers around 18° Celcius. March barely sees any rainfall which makes it even better to spend time outdoors and enjoy all the activities. However, it is one of the most humid months in the second week, so we recommend wearing airy and breathable clothing. March sees some of Dubai’s annual festivals and events which bring together the city to celebrate.
1. Art DubaiShowcasing the world’s best artists and designers the Art Festival is the largest in the region displaying over 40 countries and their galleries. The crowd-pullers are usually Middle East, Central and South Asia, Africa and Latin America. The festival is spread out over different areas in the city, so pick a convenient area and drop by to have a look at some great artwork.
Dates: 16-24 March
Venue: Art Dubai, Madinat Jumeirah
2. Taste of DubaiTaste of Dubai is the most popular and sought after food festival in the Middle East, with 20 days of non-stop action. The worlds best chefs will show off their skills, host lessons and workshops along with discussions and loads of activities for all age groups. Try your hand at some competitions and win some exciting prizes!
Dates: 7-9 March
Venue: Dubai Media City Amphitheatre
3. Literature FestivalHosted by the airline, Emirates, the Literature Festival pays tribute to a few of the best authors and minds behind today's great reads. The event sees book launches, discussions, debates and some relaxing live performances and talks. The festival also hosts food events focusing on fine dining and desserts.
Dates: 1-9 March
Venue: InterContinental Hotel, Dubai Festival City
4. AcrobaticsFrom Las Vegas, the all-time shine WOW is visiting Dubai for an acrobatic event with 30 of their top acrobats to present a one of its kind breathtaking show. They will be performing at Caesars Palace Bluewaters, with tickets going live soon. The stage set up around a 360° view, experiences the best choreography and art form along with holograms and heart-racing tricks and stunts.
Dates: 20 - 25 March
Venue: The Rotunda, Caesars Palace Bluewaters
5. MusicThroughout the year Dubai sees music events with the crowd increasing every time. The Dubai Media City Amphitheatre is always bustling with tunes and cheers, with vintage performances and latest releases, there is something for everyone to enjoy, so head out there, buy your tickets and have some fun.
6. Dubai World CupWith prize money touching the sky, known as the “richest horse race”, this is one of Dubai’s most prestigious events of the year. Started in the year 1996 it has gained immense popularity across the globe. The world’s best horses come together to compete whilst celebrating entertainment, fashion and sport. 2020 will see the 25th anniversary of this event.
Venue: Meydan Racecourse, Al Meydan Road, Nad Al Sheba
Dates: 30 March
Top Places to Visit in Dubai in MarchApart from the local festivals and events, there is loads to explore in Dubai. A week-long trip will get you about half of exploring Dubai, but to see the city to its fullest you need extra time and energy.
1.DolphinariumThe best outing with the family, the Dubai Dolphinarium never ceases to amaze all age groups. It boasts of some of the most spectacular dolphin shows, seal shows, and bird shows. March will see less of a crowd in the city, the reason for you to experience everything better.
Timings: 10 AM - 7:30 PM
Tickets: Adults- AED 105, Children ( 2 - 11 years old)- AED 50
2. The Burj KhalifaThe tallest building in the world, the view from the deck of the city of Dubai is unbelievable and the stars seem just a stretch away thanks to the clear February weather. Don’t forget to click some eye-popping pictures.
Prime Hours: 3:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Ticket Cost: AED 210
Non- Prime Hours: 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM (Morning), 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM (Evening
Ticket Cost: AED 135
3. Le Perle by DragoneThe regions best acrobat show put together by Francis Dragone is must visit to see the 65 best acrobats in action. A complete heart-stopper, the events and stunts performed will leave your mouth wide open. Quite a popular show, hence visiting in March with a lower rush in the city is a recommendation.
Bronze: AED 350
Silver: AED 400
Gold: AED 450
Platinum: AED 540
VIP: AED 899
4. Skydive DubaiDubai is beautiful from the roads and water, but what if you’re given a chance to experience an aerial view of the city. Skydive Dubai is one of the most popular activities so head out there and get your adrenaline pumping with the best view of the city and Palm Jumeirah jumping off an aeroplane.
Tickets: AED 1700
5. Dhow CruiseWith pleasant weather and a light breeze, a cruise to explore Dubai is highly comfortable in March. With live music and regular commentary, it is a major attraction amongst tourists. We recommend taking the evening tour, to experience the night sky and lights of the beautiful city along with a traditional dinner menu.
Ticket price: AED 50
Best time to visit: Evening
6. Garden GlowGlowing in the night, Garden Glow is a theme park which displays fine art all made out of recycled materials and is the best example of best out of waste. With food stalls and regular live music performances, an evening spent here with the family is definitely going to be enjoyable.
Timings: 4 PM - 11 PM
Tickets: AED 65
Children up to the age of 3: Free