Heat waves characterise Bangkok summers with a 32% chance of rainfall in March and a 60% chance of rains by May. April is the hottest month in Bangkok with a temperature as high as 35-degree Celsius during the day. With an average of 8-9 hours of sunshine a day, the temperature in summers hovers between 26 degrees to 35-degree Celsius. You should avoid spending long hours directly under the sun since heat strokes are widespread phenomena in Bangkok.
If you are not very fond of the sun, you can vacation near the beach where it is cooler, and the heat is not unbearable. You can also choose to stay indoors during the day and step out in the evening to explore Bangkok’s glamorous nightlife. The Khao San Road in Bangkok has something for everybody - restaurants, bars, cafes, jazz clubs, and more. April receives a little bit of rainfall, but not enough to derail your plans. We suggest you take a swim in Koh Tao to recover from the weather. Make sure to book a room with air conditioning. May is wetter than April, and the humidity levels soar during May in Bangkok. June marks the onset of the rainy season in Bangkok with just 6 hours of sunshine a day. Events & Festivals in the Hot Season (March to June)
- Bangkok invites you to Sing Sing Theater to catch Gab Rhome on the 27th of March. DEMO will host a Jam Party Series where DJs and music artists from far and wide will descend in Bangkok on the 29th of March.
- The Red Cross Fair is a biannual event whose mission is to raise funds for the Thai Red Cross Society. Hosted in March, you can participate in raffles, games, and ride on the giant wheel.
- The city hosts Linaro Connect on the 1st of April. This 5-day long biannual event sees industry experts from the tech field gather to discuss new tech developments.
- The event coincides with Synnex Partners Connect, another tech symposium, which will be conducted at Avani Riverside Bangkok Hotel.
- Songkran Festival in Bangkok will be observed from 13th to 15th of April.
- Bangkok invites you to the annual Songkran Splash Away Pool Party on the 13th of April. The event will take place at W Bangkok.
- The Global Azure Bootcamp, a community event for Microsoft Azure users, will be conducted on the 27th of April.
- Bangkok will host the Royal Ploughing Ceremony on the 10th of May.
- 15 June marks the onset of the Amazing Thailand Grand Sale at shopping malls across Bangkok. It is a month-long festival which is sponsored by Thailand Tourism.
- NEPCON Thailand, an electronics manufacturing symposium, will take place on the 19th of June in BITEC, Bangkok.