The Temperature During the Summer Season!In parts of Northern Nepal, summers are cool and winters severe, whereas, in the southern parts of the country, summers are very hot while winters are mild to cold. The average temperature during summer is 29.1 °C
Best Places to Visit During the Summer SeasonHere are the best places to visit in Nepal during the summer season-
1. Visit KathmanduThe capital city of Nepal, Kathmandu has a variety of things to offer to its visitors. It has a rich cultural heritage and has one of the most magnificent monasteries in the world. The city showcases a beautiful mixture of dilapidated buildings and a lively atmosphere under one roof. Kathmandu is one of the best places to relax and enjoy shopping with your co-traveller. There are multiple restaurants and shopping malls that will amaze you. Also, never forget to visit Kathmandu Durbar Square during your visit.
Main attractions: Pashupatinath temple and Boudhanath Stupa.
2. Take a Trip to BhaktapurA UNESCO world heritage site, Bhaktapur is commonly known as the “city of medieval art”. This city is surrounded by temples, pagodas, and stupas. Formerly known as “Bhadgaon or Khwopa”, every corner of the city has an incredible architecture of the past that reflects the magnificent craft skills and hence, it makes an ideal place to visit during the summer season.
Main attractions: Vatsala Devi Temple and Bhaktapur Durbar Square.
3. Visit BandipurLocated at a high ridge above Dumre, Bandipur is considered as a “living museum” of Nepal. It reflects the Newari culture and was once upon a time, a commercial centre on the trade route to Tibet. This road also offers a beautiful view of the Himalayan ranges. The 18th Century architecture with some restaurants along the streets gives a complete European feel. Make sure to visit Bandipur to get an iconic view of the Himalayan ranges.
Main attractions: Khadga Devi Temple and Bindabansi Temple.
4. Visit PokharaPokhara is a small and isolated town just beside the Phewa lake. Often called the gateway to Annapurna trek, Pokhara is a place you cannot miss. The skydiving opportunities it presents are one of the best in the world and it gives a pristine view of the beautiful Nepali landscape. Make sure to visit this place during your trip to Nepal.
Main attractions: International Mountain Museum and Davis Falls.
5. Visit NagarkotLocated at a height of 2175 m, Nagarkot is a hill station located 32 kilometres from the capital city of Kathmandu. This is a small village that is a big tourist destination as it gives the best views of the Himalayan valleys. One can explore the beauty of this place all year round and it is a great escape for a nature lover.
Main attractions: Nagarkot Waterfall and Nagarkot Bat Cave.
Things to do in Nepal during the summerHere are some of the activities that are best suited for the tourist to do in the summer season.
1. A Ghorepani Poonhil trekIf you are an amateur trekker, then Ghorepani Poonhil trek is the best for you. It is a small and easy trek that is full of enjoyment and it can be completed easily. You can also enjoy the beauty of Annapurna, MAchhapuchhre and many other beautiful ranges of the Himalayas. These places can be easily explored during the summer season. Hence, never miss out on the opportunity of trekking during the summer season.
2. Go for White River RaftingIf you plan to visit Nepal during the summer season, make sure to take part in white river rafting. A challenging yet thrilling sport, this adventurous sport usually takes place on the greater rapids of white water in Nepal. Go out for white river rafting with your group to experience moments that will last for a lifetime.
3. Wildlife SafariApart from thrilling adventures, Nepal also gives a chance to get closer to nature. The country is home to the iconic Chitwan National Park, which is the home to many rare species of animals. If you are interested to get closer to the animals, you can opt for a wildlife safari ride. Apart from the jungle safari, you can also set up a camp and go for bird watching during summertime.
4. Paragliding in PokharaParagliding is one of the most adventurous sports that give you a rush of adrenaline. Without any doubt, paragliding is one of the most famous activities to experience in the country. While gliding through the skies, you can have a clear view of the Himalayas and also, you can have a relaxing moment while chilling out sitting beside the lake. If you want to experience the real beauty of nature, then opt for paragliding in Pokhara.
What to Pack During the Summer Season?Here is a list of items you should pack for your Nepal tour during the summer season:
1. Flowy Pants
2. Breathable Long Skirts and Dresses
4. Portable Powerbank
5. DSLR Camera
6. Travel Backpack
7. Small Pack of Tissues
8. Crossbody Travel Purse
9. Natural Tote Bag
10. Passport Cover
Nepal is one of the best countries you could visit to spend your summer vacation. With the majestic Himalayas and a plethora of adventurous activities, it gives you a variety of options to choose from in order to chill out. Nepal is without any doubt, one of the best places to visit during the summer season.