Weather In Nepal In SeptemberAutumn is the ideal time to visit Nepal as the monsoon retreats back and the sky is crystal clear. In lowland areas and Kathmandu, the weather starts to improve, and there is a decrease in rainfall. The pleasant weather adds up to exploring the city in peace, and the daytime temperatures range from 25 to 35 degrees Celsius.
Hill stations are at their best in September. Places like Pokhara have clearer skies and scenic atmospheres. Daytime Temperatures range from 20 to 30 degrees Celsius. Mountain trails like the Everest region and Annapurna have pleasant weather. The trekking trails start to re-open as the weather becomes more stable. The daytime temperatures range from 10 to 20 degrees Celsius.
In the Terai region, the weather has started to improve, and the rainfall is significantly decreasing. Daytime temperatures range from 25 to 35 degrees Celsius. Places like Chitwan National Park have become more accessible, and you can enjoy wildlife activities and spot various animals.
What to Wear During September?If you plan to visit the country during September, get some essential trekking clothes and gear. As the temperature will be considerably low, don’t forget to carry some warm clothes with you.
What to Do During September?
1. TrekkingThe month of September is the best time to visit the country, especially for mountain lovers. As the monsoon is just over and there are clear skies all around, you should try some of Nepal's trekking activities. The Annapurna Circuit, one of the tea house trek is very popular amongst the tourists. Hence, hiking in Nepal is one of the best activities you can look out for during the month of September.
2. Visit NagarkotNagarkot is a small town located at the top of a hill and surrounded by rice paddies. It is widely considered a better option than visiting Kathmandu as it provides the best views of the majestic Himalayas. Apart from witnessing the Himalayas, you can also have a clear look at Mount Everest. There are many hostels that offer accommodations at a cheaper rate. So, don’t miss visiting this small but beautiful city in September.
3. LumbiniThe best part of Nepal is its culture. The country’s history is synonymous with Buddhism’s history. The peaceful stupas and monasteries in Lumbini provide a “once in a lifetime” opportunity for many people who wish to attain inner peace. There are many places, including the Ashoka stupa and temples, that are associated with the Buddha. Take a trip to one of the most peaceful places in the world. You will definitely enjoy the tranquillity of the place.
4. River RaftingThe Seti River is well known for its river rafting activities. You will be surprised to know that Nepal is one of the best places in the world for white-water rafting and kayaking. The river rafting experience will provide you with an ultimate dose of the thrill as the high currents of wild waters of Seti River will bring out the adventurous person in you.
Cost: 6561.41 NPR
Duration: 30 minutes
5. PokharaNepal is home to many adventurous activities one can opt for. And, if you are an avid fan of bungee jumping, then Nepal is the best place for you on the continent. Do visit Pokhara in order to avail of the bungee jumping facilities. The month of September provides the perfect time for free-falling into the river. Spectacular views of nature surround the famous Last Resort in Pokhara.
6. Teej FestivalThe Teej festival in September is a one-of-its-kind experience. If you are visiting Nepal in September, make sure to experience a traditional festival for women. In this festival, the women are dressed in red, and it is scheduled for three days. During these three days, women sing, dance, and feast upon delicious foods after fasting for a day.
7. Visit Pashupatinath TempleProbably the most iconic temple in the country, the temple is located on the outskirts of Kathmandu and is surrounded by River Bagmati surrounds the temple. This temple looks much more beautiful during night times and is one of the most visited places in the country. Pashupatinath temple is one of the oldest temples in India, and it should be on your “must visit” list.
8. ThamelThamel is one of the busiest streets in the country. The month of September is the best time to visit Thamel. The variety of music and cultural fests scheduled around this time makes it one of Nepal's favorite tourist attractions. Apart from many activities, there is a variety of restaurants to choose from.
9. Helicopter RideIf you wish to see Mount Everest up close, then a helicopter ride in Nepal provides you with the best opportunity to enhance the beauty of the world’s tallest mountain. The jaw-dropping views will leave you awestruck. Although a bit costly, helicopter rides are enough to make you fall in love with Everest.
10. MustangMustang presents another view of Nepal. This is a remote area located in the Northern part of the country. Its stunning villages and awesome views represent the beautiful side of Nepal. It will prove to be one of the best moments in your tour of Nepal. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to visit Mustang if you are visiting Nepal in September.
Nepal, a country synonymous with the word “culture,” is one of the finest holiday destinations in Asia. The wide variety of trekking packages and mountains provide the best holiday destinations one could wish for. Do visit Nepal during September, as it is the best month to visit the country.