WeatherAs the monsoon retreats back and the sky is crystal clear, the mountains give a beautiful view amongst the fog and mist. The valleys are filled with greenery and it makes the perfect situation for many photographers who wish to add another beautiful image to their collection. Here are the details regarding the temperature during September
The temperature during the day: 23℃
The temperature during the night-time: 19℃
What to Wear During September?If you are planning to visit the country during September, make sure to get some essential trekking clothes and gear. As the temperature will be considerably low, don’t forget to carry some warm clothes with you.
What to Do During September?
1. TrekkingThe month of September is the best time to visit the country, especially for mountain lovers. As the monsoon is just over and there are clear skies all around, you should try out some of the trekking activities in Nepal. The Annapurna Circuit, one of the tea house trek is very much popular amongst the tourist. Hence, hiking in Nepal is one of the best activities you can look out for during the month of September.
2. Visit NagarkotNagarkot is a small town located at the top of the hill and is surrounded by rice paddies. It is widely considered as a better option than visiting Kathmandu as it provides the best views of the majestic Himalayas. Apart from witnessing the Himalayas, you can have a clear look at Mount Everest too. There are many hostels that offer accommodations at a cheaper rate. So, don’t miss visiting this small but beautiful city in the month of September.
3. LumbiniThe best part of Nepal is its culture. The country’s history is synonymous with Buddhism’s history. The peaceful stupas and monasteries in Lumbini provide the “once in a lifetime” opportunity for many people who wish to attain inner peace. There are many places including Ashoka stupa and temples that are associated with the Buddha. Take a trip to one of the most peaceful places in the world. You will definitely enjoy the tranquillity of the place.
4. River RaftingThe Seti River is well known for the river rafting activities. You will be surprised to know that Nepal is one of the best places in the world for white-water rafting and kayaking. The river rafting experience will provide you with an ultimate dose of the thrill as the high currents of wild waters of Seti River will bring out the adventurous person in you.
Cost: 6561.41 NPR
Duration: 30 minutes
5. PokharaNepal is home to many adventurous activities one can opt for. And, if you are an avid fan of bungee jumping, then Nepal is the best place for you in the continent. Do visit Pokhara in order to avail of the bungee jumping facilities. The month of September provides the perfect time for free-falling into the river. The famous Last Resort in Pokhara is surrounded by spectacular views of nature.
6. Teej FestivalTeej festival in September is a one-of-its-kind experience. If you are visiting Nepal during September, make sure to experience a traditional festival for women. In this festival, the women are dressed in red and it is scheduled for three days. During these three days, women sing, dance, and feast upon delicious foods after fasting for a day.
7. Visit Pashupatinath TempleProbably the most iconic temple in the country, the temple is present in the outskirts of Kathmandu and is surrounded by River Bagmati surrounds the temple. This temple looks much more beautiful during night times and is one of the most visited places in the country. Pashupatinath temple is one of the oldest temples and it should be present in your “must visit” list.
8. ThamelThamel is one of the busiest streets in the country. The month of September is the best time to visit Thamel. The variety of music and cultural fests that are scheduled around this time makes it one of the most favourite tourist attractions in Nepal. Apart from many activities, there is a variety of restaurants to choose from.
9. Helicopter RideIf you wish to see Mount Everest up close, then a helicopter ride in Nepal provides you the best opportunity to enhance the beauty of the world’s tallest mountain. The jaw-dropping views will leave you awestruck. Although a bit costly, helicopter rides are enough to make you fall in love with the Everest.
Cost: NPR 192002
10. MustangMustang presents another view of Nepal. This is a remote area located in the Northern part of the country. Its stunning villages and awesome views present the beautiful sides of Nepal. It will prove one of the best moments in your tour to Nepal. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to visit Mustang if you are visiting Nepal during September.
Nepal, the country which is synonymous with the word “culture” is one of the finest holiday destinations in Asia. The wide variety of trekking packages and mountains provide the best holiday destinations one could wish for. Do visit Nepal during September, as it is the best month to visit the country.