1. Johari BazaarAs discussed above, Jaipur is one of the most significant gemstones and jewellery producing city, which is why one can find a variety of designs in numerous stones here easily. Shopping in Jaipur is bliss, and this shop offers some dazzling jewellery with precious and semi-precious gems and handmade necklaces at affordable prices. The place is like a shopper's paradise.
Famous For: Gemstone Jewellery
Timings: The timings are from 10 AM to 11 PM.Open days: It remains open on all days of the week.How To Reach: It can be easily reached by taking a cab from any part of the city.
2. Tripolia BazaarTripolia Bazaar is famous for its lac jewellery and its variety of bangles. Textiles too including Bandini and other dye fabrics embroidered intricately can be found in here. One can get a good deal here at a reasonable price with some bargaining required.
Famous For: Lac bangles, textiles
Timings: The timings are from 10 AM to 7 PM.
Open days: It remains closed only on Sunday.
How To Reach: It is located in the heart of the city and is thereby accessible by the local transportation facilities.
3. Chandpol BazaarChandpol lies amongst the most traditional Jaipur shopping destinations. It comprises of handicrafts; marble carved showpieces and handlooms. There is a khazanewalon ka rasta from where one can shop for turbans, carpets, handicrafts, shoes, wooden sculptures and much more. Marble sculptures are a big hit here in this market. The price too is not very hi-fi and is quite affordable.
Famous For: Handicrafts, marble showpieces
How To Reach: Chandpole metro station
4. Kishanpol BazaarTextiles at the best buying price can be found in Kishanpol Bazaar of Jaipur. Its name lies amongst the best places to go for street shopping in Jaipur. The area is famous for its wooden carving, and one can buy incredible wooden sculptures and souvenirs from the place as a gift for family and friends.
Famous For: For Textiles
Timings: The timings are from 10 AM to 9 PMOpen days: It remains closed only on SundayHow To Reach: Chandpole metro station at a distance of 2 km is the nearest metro station to the market
5. Bapu BazaarBapu Bazaar is known for its leather products and Mojari shoes (famous Rajasthani footwear made from camel leather). Other shops here sell textiles, handicrafts, perfumes, lehengas, saris, sandstone, etc. One can easily bargain and buy Rajasthani souvenirs in a good deal. It is like an all-in-one market with a variety of items to shop. This is one of the most famous Jaipur markets. This is one of the best shopping places in Jaipur.
Famous For: Jaipuri mojris and leather products
Timings: 10:30 AM to 7:30 PMOpen Days: It remains open on all days of the week.How To Reach: It lies in the heart of Jaipur and pretty accessible by all modes of public transport.
6. Gaurav TowerThis Jaipur market offers a fantastic atmosphere, diversity and parking space (which is very important these days!). Gaurav Tower is the ideal place for shopping in Jaipur. It is the oldest mall of Jaipur and consists of showrooms of all famous brands. There is a GT Bazar in the basement which provides a variety of clothes and local products at really reasonable prices.
Famous For: Local Products
Timings: The timings are from 9:30 AM to 11 PM.Open Days: It remains open on all days of the week.How To Reach: It is a very famous shopping spot located in Malviya Nagar and is well-connected by auto and cabs.
7. Nehru BazaarShopping in Jaipur will be endless for people who enjoy going for a shopping spree. The specialities of Nehru Bazaar include Rajasthani juttis, ready-made garments and blue pottery items. The prices of the garments are moderate. It has some shops offering household items, bags, gifts and footwear.
Famous For: Rajasthani juthis
Timings: The timings are from 10:30 AM to 7:30 PM.Open Days: It remains open on all days of the week.How To Reach: One can commute here via auto, cabs or state bus.
8. Tibbati BazaarIt is a perfect place to shop while enjoying some finger-licking delicacies. One can also have a plate of yummy momos here. There are pickles, jackets, knits, handlooms and yarns which are one of a kind from Tibet.
Famous For: For local souvenirs
Timings: The timings are from 9 AM to 9 PMOpen Days: It remains open on all days of the weekHow To Reach: The nearest metro station to the market is Chandpole metro station at a distance of 2 km.
9. Aravali BazaarThis market is famous for its bedspreads, quilts, salwar suits, table linen, wrought iron and stoneware, giftware, stationery items and carved ethnic furniture. It is a perfect place to enjoy at affordable prices.
Famous For: For Home Decor Products
Timings: The timings are from 9 AM to 9 PM.Open Days: It remains open on all days of the week.How To Reach: The nearest metro station to the market is the railway station metro station at a distance of 1.4 km.
10. Sireh Deori GateThis exquisite and famous market is located right beside Hawa Mahal. It is renowned for its unique Jaipuri quilts, leather shoes, yummy delicious snacks, colourful textiles and puppets. It is spread across the western gate of the city walls and goes up to the eastern city gate. One can spend an excellent enjoyable time with their family and friends while window shopping or doing the actual shopping.
Famous For: Street Shopping
Timings: The timings are from 10 AM to 11 PM.Timings: It remains open on all days of the week.How To Reach: Chandpole is the nearest metro station to this market. This market is famous for its quilts, textiles, leather shoes and handicrafts.
11. Mirza Ismail RoadMirza Ismail Road is one of the best shopping places in Jaipur for those who love to buy one-of-a-kind pottery items, wooden artefacts and brass statues. Gifting such an exquisite hand-made item says 'you care'. This market offers a lot of options for all those who wish to buy stuff for decorating their homes or giving gifts to their loved ones. This street market is famous for its jewellery, pottery work, brass as well as wooden statues and branded clothes.
Famous For: For Pottery items
Timings: The timings are from 10:30 AM to 7:30 PM.Timings: It remains open on all days of the week.How To Reach: The nearest metro station is Sindhi camp metro station at a distance of 2 km.
12. AnokhiAnokhi is a textile store famous for its home décor, textiles, stationery, table items and linen.
Famous For: Local garments
Timings: 9:30 AM to 8 PMOpen Days: It remains open on all days of the week.How To Reach: Civil line metro station situated at a distance of 1.3 km from the market is its nearest metro station.
13. Kripal KumbhThe store is especially famous for its glazed blue pottery.
Famous For: Glazed blue pottery
Timings: It is a pottery store whose timings are from 9:30 AM to 6 PM.Open Days: It remains closed only on Sunday.How To Reach: Chandpole metro station at a distance of 1.5 km is the nearest station.
14. The Gem PalaceThis place is famous for its traditional and antique jewellery.
Famous For: Antique jewellery and charms
Timings: 10:30 AM to 7 PM.Open Days: It remains open on all days of the week.How To Reach: Sindhi camp metro station at a distance of 2 km is the nearest to the market.
15. Lalji Sand Ka RastaIf you're looking for exclusive Rajasthani Sarees, then do not miss this hidden lane in the old city of Jaipur. The collection of sarees is mind-boggling. This market can be accessed through Chaura Rasta.
16. Purohit Ji Ka KatlaIf you have a wedding at home, perhaps this is the best place to shop for almost all your needs. Purohit Ji Ka Katla is Jaipur's wholesale wedding market. This small market is located in the bylanes of the old city and can be visited from Johari Bazaar and Tripolia Bazaar.
What is Famous for Shopping in Jaipur?
1. GemstonesJaipur has a collection of beautiful and precious gemstones. Everybody must have seen the jewellery of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in 'Jodha Akbar'. Ever wondered where her jewellery which made so many women exclaim with surprise was from? It was from the markets of Jaipur. Rajasthani Jewelry is famous across the globe, and people fly down to the place to get a hand on it. Precious, as well as semi-precious gemstones, add to the beauty of this already beautiful city.
The Lac bangles, thewa jewellery from Chittaur and enamel ornaments from Pratapgarh are some of the most famous items of the place.
3. PaintingThe paintings of Rajasthan, commonly known as Rajputana paintings, are very bright, colourful and have a very vibrant touch to it. The paintings always depict something meaningful, some incident from either Ramayana or Mahabharata. One is likely to find these kinds of arts in abundance, and along with them, some other styles including 'Thani Bani' painting from Kishangarh can be found here too. These masterpieces are not too costly and are quite affordable.
4. CarpetCarpet weaving has been prevalent in the city from the 17th century, thereby turning it into a sort of like their profession. People from all across the world buy these colourful, delicate, woollen patterns that have a weaving history which dates back to so many centuries old. It is advisable to collect buy carpets from the factories manufacturing them to get a good deal.
5. Metal WorkMetalware such as brass work and silver enamelled are some of the most popular items in the city. A person who comes down to the markets here should buy these as souvenirs. The prices are different for different pieces. Engraving styles including bichi, chikan and marori are very famous in Jaipur.
6. PotteryThe blue pottery of Rajasthan is something which is known by almost everyone. What makes this style of pottery distinct is the fact that it is made up of quartz stone and follows the Persian style of art. Initially, the only blue colour was used in the making of these items but now, other colours such as yellow, brown, red etc. are also being used. Items ranging from jars to ashtrays can be spotted in different sizes and can be purchased as per need.
7. PuppetsWhat is the one thing that we all as kids had in common? Our love for puppet-shows! The puppets made in Rajasthan are some of the unique and alluring items you will ever come across. These puppets are made so vibrant, colourful and attractive that it becomes difficult for one to ignore them while they are displayed on the stand. They serve as a great decorative item in the house and make the living room more adorable than ever.
8. FabricsJaipur is also known for its textiles and block printing, intricate embroidery, die work and appliqué. Rajasthani fabric work known as Mothra and lahariya are amongst the most famous ones. Jaipur offers the most colourful and bright designs which are worth buying.
Best Shops in Jaipur
- Teatro Dhora
- 91 Degree
- Amrapali Jewels
- Birdhichand Ghanshyamdas Jewellers
- Trunks Company Jaipur
- RANAS Saree Emporium