Here are 10 exquisite rooftop bars in Kuala Lumpur -
1. Heli Lounge Bar Heli Lounge Bar is an innovative bar that embraces aviation designs and uses a functional helipad at night to serve a beautiful 360 view of Kuala Lumpur with a variety of drinks. It is divided into 2 levels with a nightclub at the top floor with aviation themes using various parts of a plane as their interiors and a helipad bar above. The beverages are reasonably priced and start from RM18. After 9 PM, there is a requirement to buy at least two bottles of liquor or wine to get a table. Do visit the bar between 6 PM – 9 PM to see the sunset.
Timings: 5 PM –12 AM (Sunday - Wednesday); 5 PM – 1 AM (Thursday); 5 PM – 2 AM (Friday, Saturday)
Location: 34 Menara KH, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Bukit Bintang, 50450, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2. Troika Sky Dining Located on the 23rd floor of Persiaran KLCC, this elegant sky dining offers a breathtaking view of the city skyline with its floor to ceiling windows. They have two bars – Claret and Coppersmith. Claret is one of the most elegant wine bar in Kuala Lumpur with collections from France and all around the world that have been curated perfectly for your taste. Coppersmith has a quirky twist with their inventive cocktails to give you an unexpected flavour of deliciousness and tipsiness.
Timings: 10 AM – 8 PM
Location: Level 23A Tower B, The Troika, 19, Persiaran KLCC, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3. Marini’s on 57 Right next to the twin towers, you will find the most sophisticated rooftop bar in Kuala Lumpur, located at the highest level possible. With a panoramic view of the city, you get to enjoy their tailored cocktails by the best designers, an extensive collection of single malt whiskey, champagne, spirits, and more. They have a sunset rooftop bar so you can comfortably enjoy the view with delicious drinks made from exotic ingredients and you can also head to the whiskey lounge for single malt and cigar.
Sunset hours are from 5 PM – 9 PM daily.
W- night on Wednesdays is special nights dedicated to women.
Make sure to book in advance.
Dress Code: Smart attire
Timings: 5 PM – 1:30 AM (Sunday - Thursday); 5 PM – 2 AM (Friday – Saturday)
Location: 57 Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4. Sky Bar With a rooftop pool right in the centre, Sky Bar is one of the coolest bars in Kuala Lumpur for amazing cocktails with an equally remarkable view. From popular DJ nights to a relaxing drink on the cosy cabanas, this bar has it all. They have a great range of wines, beers, gin, and more! Try out their signature cocktails like lychee martinis, Asian delight with a view of the Petronas towers from the cabana as the breeze from the open ceiling relaxes you more.
Timings: 10 AM – 1 AM (Sunday – Thursday); 10 AM – 3 AM (Friday – Saturday)
Make sure to reserve cabana seats for the city and the Petronas view in advance.
Location: Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Stall 7, Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5. Mai Bar A tiki-themed bar, Mai Bar in Kuala Lumpur is a great place for uniquely concocted cocktails and a wide variety of wine, spirits, and beer. They have a long bar alongside a rooftop infinity pool with cosy, colourful seats to enjoy a panoramic view of the city. A must-try is their Malaysian Princess Mai Tai.
Happy hours from 5 PM – 9 PM.
Timings: 12 PM – 12 AM (Sunday - Wednesday); 12 PM – 1 AM (Thursday – Saturday)
Location: 5, Jalan Stesen Sentral, Aoft Kuala Lumpur Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
6. Luna Bar
Timings: 5 PM – 1 AM (Sunday – Thursday); 5 PM – 3 AM (Friday, Saturday and eve of public holidays)
Location: 34 KH Tower, Jalan Puncak, Kuala Lumpur, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
7. The Canopy Lounge To enjoy a wide variety of drinks, cigars, and shisha, head over to this stylish rooftop bar in Kuala Lumpur with an astonishing view of the city. From a lazy day to a vibrant party, this is open to all to unwind and enjoy. You can try their signature cocktails like Impeared Peat and wines like Siraj.
Timings: 3 PM – 12 AM (Monday - Sunday)
Location: 83, Jalan Mayang, Kampung Baru, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
8. Man Tao Rooftop Bar Located at Hotel Stripes Kuala Lumpur, Man Tao bar welcomes all to its low key, speakeasy ambience with a mesmerizing view of the city, its amazing drinks, and its infinity pool. It is open only 3 days a week making it quite the exclusive place to hang out. Each day has a special going on like the ladies' night on Thursday, free flow of gin on Fridays, and ‘the longest hour’ on Saturdays with cocktails. Tsingtao beer-themed cocktails with local ingredients are what make their cocktails so unique and delicious.
Dress code: Tropical chic
Timings: 6 PM – 12 AM (Thursday – Saturday)
Location: 25, Jalan Kamunting, Chow Kit, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9. Stratosphere – The Roof A sophisticated bar in Kuala Lumpur on an infinity grassed helipad with a 360° view of the city makes this the best place to go and relax with a glass of champagne under the open sky. They provide a good range of cocktails, beers, champagne, spirits, and wines. They also host romantic dinners under the sky, rooftop cinema, fashion shows, and more.
Timings: 6 PM – 2 AM (daily)
Location: Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
10. Vertigo – Banyan TreeOne of the highest hotel rooftop bars in Kuala Lumpur, Vertigo serves a beautiful panoramic view of the city below from the 59th floor. They have a wide range of drinks and specially curated cocktails and South East Asian inspired tapas to snack with. The ideal time to visit this stylish bar would be around sunset to get an excellent view.
Dress code: Smart CasualThese rooftop bars in Kuala Lumpur are the best places to visit to grab a beautiful view of the sunset and the city line with the finest drinks and vibrant ambience.
Timings: 6 PM – 1 AM daily
Location: Level 59, Banyan Tree, 2, Jalan Conlay, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia