Amid the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, most places in Kuala Lumpur have called off the New Year's Eve celebrations. While places like cinemas and entertainment outlets remain shut, local councils, shopping malls and major tourist spots have announced that there won't be any new year events or firework displays.
New Year in Kuala Lumpur is the most awaited event that the people look forward to throughout the year with the flashing city lights and the raves and parties that you can crash even till after the clock strikes 12.
Here are the best rooftop bars, beaches and streets to celebrate New Year's Eve in Kuala Lumpur:
1. KLCC ParkIf there is one place that you have to choose to spend your New Year's Eve in Kuala Lumpur, it is KLCC Park. This hub has the best view of the fireworks in Kuala Lumpur and is the local favourite place to be at for the night. It gets busy as the night falls, so be sure to make yourselves comfortable by arriving early and securing a comfortable spot. The celebration amidst the legendary twin towers of Petronas is the most anticipated event of the night. Let yourself loose on the streets of the 50-acre park to attend the late-night concert and live acts by local and foreign brands.
Location: Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2. Merdeka SquareThe Merdeka Square is one of the busiest and most popular places in Kuala Lumpur to watch the New Year's Eve fireworks. The square overlooks the Sultan Abdul Samad Building with the lush green park and the 95-metre long Malaysian flag that’s hoisted. The place is the sight to look on the spectacular eve with the marching bands, traditional dances, live performances and the mesmerizing fireworks.
Location: Jalan Raja, City Centre, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3. The Curve Shopping MallThe Curve Shopping Mall organizes a mammoth street celebration and party on New Year, at the alfresco walkway in the mall, also popularly known as The Street. The place buzzes with crowds from all over the city, and you can join in on the fun as well amidst all the live performances of local artists, singers and dancers, happy hours and fine dining experiences. Watch out for the firework fiesta!
Location: Lot G-01 ;; 1, 01, Jalan PJU 7/3, Mutiara Damansara, 47820 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Timings: 06:00 PM onwards
4. Bukit BintangThe crowded streets of Bukit Bintang is the eventful place to be on Ney Year's Even with your friends and family to spot the fireworks display. The street has a stretch of bars, pubs and restaurants that you can savour your meal from before you dwell in the craziness. The huge countdown outside the Pavilion Mall is the biggest attraction that packs in the locals and tourists for a jam-packed evening of dancing and parties.
Location: Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur 55100 Malaysia
5. TRECTrec offers a fun-clad evening at the 3 storied iron fairies with its rooftop celebrations, bar stocks and delicious food. It’s the perfect place to be in when you are looking for a good crowd. You can also visit Zouk KL that is adjacent to the TREC, to party until late hours.
Location: 438, Jln Tun Razak, Kelab Golf di Raja Selangor, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
6. Sunway LagoonSunway Lagoon with its Surf Beach is one of the popular destinations to celebrate New Year in Kuala Lumpur. Look out for the Cloudora Fest that also happens to be Malaysia’s largest glow neon fest with the live performances and international names that is bound to make you groove throughout the night. Keep yourself hydrated and full with the savour dishes and dance to the beats and festivities all along. Look out for the almost 10 minutes long firework display!
Location: 3, Jalan PJS 11/11, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
New Year Eve Dinner and Parties in Kuala Lumpur
7. Dinner in the SkyDinner in the sky is just the place for you if you don’t prefer to be amidst the crowded city and frolicking chaos on New Year's Eve. The 4-course meal owned by a 5-star restaurant would be the most romantic getaway you can take your partner out for on this night, even if it’s for an hour. Watch the sky light up with fireworks with your loved ones.
Location: 231, Bukit Bintang St, Kuala Lumpur, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
8. Atmosphere30 at KL towerIf you are looking for a quieter evening with your pals and loved ones, this is just the place for you. This 360-degree revolving restaurant at KL tower offers a full buffet and menu options to choose from at 280 metres above the ground while the fireworks glow around you. This special dining experience allows you to sit at your comfort as the menu revolves around you throughout the evening.
Location: No. 2 Jalan Punchak Off, Jalan P. Ramlee, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9. Bonne GillaLocated at Changkat's famous bar street, this hotspot is famous for its delicious menu and drinks, to keep you grooving on New Year's Eve in Kuala Lumpur. Their Black Angus beef short ribs and Mudslide are to look out for if you venture out to grab a bite here. Make a prior appointment to avoid the crowd and have your seats reserved.
Location: No. 31, Jalan Berangan, Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Cuisine: Fusion and bar .
10. Flock, W Kuala LumpurA vibrant all-day dining destination restaurant, Flock remains unbeatable with its impressive Australian Cuisine, authentic Malaysian dishes and a huge variety of other meal options. Enjoy a peaceful yet refreshing family-friendly New Year’s Eye here at Farm to flock with their RETOX AT DUSK (NYE special ) that attracts people from all over the city to try their semi-buffet arrangements of huge spreads .
Cost: RM388 and above (non alcoholic and alcoholic beverages available)Happy New Year! Welcome 2021 with open hearts and plenty of wishes.
Location :121 Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur 50450, Malaysia