Major Bike Rentals in Kuala Lumpur
1. Cyclelogy Bangsar
Opening Hours: 11 AM to 8 PM, Closed on Monday
Location: No.4, 2, Lorong Maarof, Bangsar, 59000 Kuala Lumpur
Telephone: +60 3-2201 8993
2. Foresttrek Cycle Center
Opening Hours: 10 AM to 8 PM (Saturday to Thursday), Closed on Friday
Location: No. 169 Jalan 16 Taman Perindustrian Ehsan Jaya, Kepong, 52100 Kuala Lumpur
Telephone: +60 36-7311293
3. Ecocana Sports Bike Rental
Opening Hours: 8 AM to 6 PM
Location: 6951, Jalan 22, Taman Selayang Baru, 68100 Batu Caves, Selangor, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 17-234 2810
4 KL By Cycle
Opening Hours: Open 24 hours
Location: 5, Plaza Dataran Merdeka, No. 70, Jalan Raja, Dataran Merdeka, 50350 Kuala Lumpur
Telephone: +60 16-273 6890
5. BikeFit Rentals
Opening Hours: 7 AM to 5 PM
Location: Ground Floor, Plaza Damansara, 43, Jalan Medan Setia 1, Bukit Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur
Telephone: +60 19-216 0809
6. Crestar Services Bicycle Rental
Opening Hours: 8 AM to 12 AM
Location: No 7, Lot 2980, Jalan Cempaka Biru, Kampung Dato Abu Bakar Baginda, 43000 Kajang, Selangor
Telephone: +60 14-699 3575
7. Malaysia Motorcycle Getaways
Opening Hours: Open 24 hours
Location: F-50-2, Bestari De Kota, Jalan Teknologi 3/9 Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 3-6141 8612
8. 2 Roda Rental
Opening Hours: 9 AM to 11 PM
Location: LOT 38133, 1A, Lorong Asrama, Kampung Pantai Dalam, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
Telephone: +60 13-277 1918
9. Nakride Motorcycle Rental
Opening Hours: 9 AM to 11 PM
Location: Unit 408 & 409, Blok A, Level 4, Kelana Business Centre, 97 Jalan SS7/2, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Telephone: +60 18-201 1997
10. KL Scooter & Motorcycle Hire
Opening Hours: 9 AM to 5 PM (Monday to Friday), 10 AM to 3 PM (Saturday & Sunday)There are also other online bike rental services available in Kuala Lumpur such as:
Location: 201, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Telephone: +60 17-270 2007
- Bino Motorbike Rental
Types of Bike Available on Rent in Kuala LumpurThe bike rentals in Kuala Lumpur offer plenty of motorbike models to choose from starting from simple motor scooters to road bikes, mountain bikes, and even electronic scooters. Some of the models include Honda Beat, Yamaha 135 LC, Honda Wave Alpha, Honda RS150, Yamaha Avantiz, Yamaha Solariz and Vespa S125.
Cost of Renting a Bike in Kuala LumpurMotorcycles are available in almost all areas of Kuala Lumpur and the prices are in fact less expensive for a capital city. The cost of renting a simple motor scooter starts from RM 15 per day, RM 70 per week, and RM 200 per month. Here are some of the types of bikes available for rent along with the according to rates:
Simple Motor Scooters: Nmax155, SYM Smart (RM 25 - RM 50 per day)
Large MotorBikes: Yamaha Avantiz, Modenas Kriss MR1, Demak Evo Z (RM 50 - RM 80 per day)
Branded Motorbikes: BMW, Harley Davidson, Honda, Kawasaki (More than 80 RM per day)
Documentations Required to Rent a Bike in Kuala Lumpur
1. Driving LicenseThe renter or the driver must be of a minimum 21 years old and must possess a valid National or International Driving License held for at least 2 years. It must be issued in the Renter’s state of residence.
2. ID Proof or PassportYour passport and Id proof showing your age is mandatory while renting any vehicle. The agency might take a photocopy of it as proof for future reference.
Insurance Policy and Inclusions
- It is important to note that the driver has full responsibility for any damages, accidents, and negligence during the rental period. In case of any third party liability, repair parts, or property damages, the amount will be charged from your deposit amount.
- The agency will not be responsible for any personal injuries or accidents. However, a collision damage waiver will be provided to reduce the excess cost.
- In case of any breakdowns during the ride, the renter can contact the agency to send a member to resolve the issue.
- While signing the paperwork, make sure you read all the minute prints as sometimes there might be extra charges for scratches or even wheel damages.
- Make sure you get your motorcycle with a full tank along with a helmet and a bike lock under the inclusion policy. Some others might also provide you with tool kits, tour maps, and a tour guide if it is a guided tour.
Recovery PoliciesAs rentals are calculated on a one day or 24-hour basis, timing is of utmost importance while returning the motorbike. In some cases, a one-hour extra time will be given for returning the vehicle. If the renter exceeds this time limit, then the renter must pay the charges for every hour that he delays. If you have chosen the Self Pick up and Drop off option while booking your vehicle, you need to return it at the same spot with the same amount of fuel as before.
The deposit amount that was taken from you while booking, will be given to you while returning if there are no damages made.
Traffic Congestion and Parking Issues in Kuala LumpurDriving in Malaysia is on the left side and the drivers are courteous. Though the roads are very good, traffic congestion is a huge problem in Kuala Lumpur which might be a major hindrance. However, though, Kuala Lumpur is a safe place to drive with frequent road signs and strict driving rules.
Most of the parking spaces in Kuala Lumpur require a minimum of RM 5 for the first hour of parking. Note that sometimes you might face issues in parking your bike due to the low availability of parking spaces.
In some parking lots of Kuala Lumpur, you can also pay your parking fare through an app named Smart Selangor Parking (SSP) without any hassle.
- Check the condition of the motorbike or scooter before you deposit the amount or when it is handed over to you and immediately contact the lender in case of any problems.
- Note that any parking fine or offenses levied on the vehicle are expected to be cleared by the renter before returning it.
- Cancellation charges will be applicable if you cancel your booking mid-way without prior notice. Make sure you inform the agency at least a week before to avoid surcharges.
- If you prefer to extend the rental dates beyond the confirmed ones, inform your agency to extend the insurance coverage till the new date.
- If you plan to go on a longer rental period, say a month, don’t forget to ask for some discount rates from the agency.
- Always wear a helmet and drive within the speed limit to avoid unnecessary penalties as Malaysian laws are very strict.
- Always carry some cash with you, in case some Bike rentals do not accept credit cards.