Applying for a visa for Vietnam can be done through online portals in a few quick and easy steps. The Immigration of Vietnam has launched an electronic visa (E-visa) which allows people to go through the visa procedure without having to go to the embassy itself. There are roughly 46 countries which are permitted to apply for E-visa. Before beginning the process of online visa application, make sure to refer to the list of these 46 countries on the Vietnam E-visa site. If your country is not on the list you can opt for a visa on arrival or go to the embassy.
Eligibility Criteria for Online Visa for Vietnam1. Foreigners travelling from countries mentioned on the list identified by the Vietnamese government.
2. People holding a valid passport(valid for at least 6 months after arrival to Vietnam)
3. Meeting the immigration standards according to Article 21 on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through and residence in Vietnam.
The Validity of an E-visa for Vietnam:
30 days, single entry, non-extendible visa
How to Apply for an Online Visa for Vietnam
2. Fill out the E-visa application form. The form firstly requires the applicant to fill his/her personal details including name, date of birth, passport number, arrival date, etc.
3. Once the form has been filled out, payment of the E-visa fees is done online using a credit card.
4. The approval process takes 3-5 business days, post the payment of the fee. The status of the application can be checked by using the registration code received by the applicant after payment.
5. Once the E-visa has been granted, a print out of the E-visa approval needs to be carried to Vietnam, along with other important documents like the passport.
6. On arrival at one of the Vietnam entry points, the immigration officer would check the approval letter and passport before putting the immigration stamp on the passport. The passport has to have a validity of more than 6 months. The officer might also ask for passport size photos, hotel bookings, etc., either to be submitted or for just checking.
Tourist E-Visa fees are different for people travelling for leisure and business:
1. Tourist Fee: USD 25 - USD 35
2. Business traveller fee - USD 55
Processing Fee Speed:
Standard Processing: 5 Business Days
Rush Processing: 4 Business Days
Super Rush Processing: 3 Business Days
An important thing to be kept in mind is that the entry point chosen by the applicant during the application process cannot be changed. The applicant has to enter Vietnam from the point of entry mentioned in the application only.
Entry Points that Allow the Use of E-Visa
International Airports· Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
· Noi Bai International Airport(Ha Noi)
· Da Nang International Airport
· Cam Ranh International Airport(Khanh Hoa)
· Can Tho International Airport
· Phu Bai International Airport
· Phu Quoc International Airport
· Cat Bi International Airport
Land Ports· Nam Can Landport
· Song Tien Landport
· Tinh Bien Landport
· Xa Mat Landport
· Mong Cai Landport
· Moc Bai Landport
· Lao Bao Landport
· Ha Tien Landport
· Cau Treo Landport
· Tay Trang Landport
· Cha Lo Landport
· Bo Y Landport
· Lao Cai Landport
· Na Meo Landport
· La Lay Landport
Sea Ports· Ho Chi Minh City Seaport
· Duong Dong Seaport
· Nha Trang Seaport
· Quy Nhon Seaport
· Hon Gai Seaport
· Vung Tau Seaport
· Chan May Seaport
· Hai Phong Seaport
· Da Nang Seaport
Cancellation and Refund PolicyIf for any reason, the applicant wishes to withdraw from the process of online visa for Vietnam and not continue further, she/he can do so by simply using delete/cancel function from their account without facing any penalties or charges. However, this is only applicable as long as the passport and other supporting documents have not been received by the online Vietnam immigration site. Post payment as well as post receiving the approval letter, no refunds will be provided for any cancellations. The refund policies can be referred to on the Vietnam online visa portal to get a better understanding and clarity of how the process functions.
For further information, visit Vietnam-Evisa.org to know more about online visa for Vietnam.