And here are few malls in Kolkata where people from the city of joy visit to have some quality time:
1. Quest MallConsidered to be one of the most “expensive malls in Kolkata” by the locals, Quest Mall is the go-to destination for the youngsters as well as for the business elites. Their decor keeps up with all the upcoming trends and fests of the town, and never fails to amuse us!
The mall features The Collectives, which boasts of many luxury brands (such as Gucci, Armani, Burberry and Jimmy Choo). Chilli’s, The Irish House, Bombay Brasserie, Yauatcha, Pizza Hut and, of course, everyone’s favourite, KFC! And more!
The mall is also home to 6-screen Inox multiplex. Here, you will also find the famous lifestyle stores and Shoppers’ Stop amongst other brands.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Address: 33, Syed Amir Ali Ave, Park Circus, Beck Bagan Row
2. South City MallSouth City Mall is a recently renovated mall which has everyone talking about it. This shopping mall in Kolkata was damaged due to a fire in the food court a few years ago and was closed down for renovation. Once what was known as the youngsters’ hub, has made a come back with world-class brands such as Zara, Forever New, GAP and Starbucks. Other than that, you will find Van Heusen, Allen Solly, U.S. Polo Assn.and more.
The new food courts are now more spacious and resonate a warm ambience. You will find favourite restaurants like Chili’s Bar and Grill, Mainland China, and more. The 4-story mall also features an INOX multiplex that is believed to accommodate nearly 1500 viewers at one time! This is one of the best shopping malls in Kolkata.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Address: 375, Prince Anwar Shah Rd, South City Complex, Jadavpur
3. City Centre Salt LakeWent to Kolkata and didn't see the City Centre? That is not possible if you want to know what makes Kolkata so unique. The essence of “adda” that emanates from the City Centre is something that is not easy to miss. The mall is none like any other mall you may have witnessed elsewhere. The locals flock here for the feeling of Bangaliana they get.
This is one of the malls in Kolkata which has a large seating area and amphitheatre where famous bands perform.
One can easily spend their entire day in this gigantic mall that houses hundreds of brands. It is known to be a culmination culture and entertainment. The food court Hangouts has been made keeping this idea in mind. Even if you’re not an avid shopper, this place is somewhere you will find yourself at home, even amidst the crowd. You don't need a camera if you are in Kolkata because the memory will stay in your heart forever. And that is reflected by what this mall stands for.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Address: DC Block, Sector 1, Bidhannagar, Kolkata, West Bengal
4. City Center 2: New TownThe second edition of The City Center mall, owned by the business giant Ambuja Neotia, is a reflection of its predecessor. This mall features all the trademarks of City Centre, which includes a spacious and warm ambience. The food court consists of Chipootli, Curry Patta, Flavours, Subway, and so much more. Amidst the brands that are known nationally and worldwide, there also exists the gaming arena Amoeba, so that your children don’t go bored while you enjoy your moment of quiet and calm.
Timings: 10:30 AM to 9:30 PM
Address: Action Area IID/5 JL No.-11 Mouza, Noapara, Rajarhat, Kolkata, West Bengal
5. Mani Square MallOwned by the Mani group, this mall has a footfall of around 2000 people per day. With an area over 7300009 square feet, it has more than 250 shops. It has significant brands like Tissot, Levi's, Spencer's etc. In fact for eating there are several places like KFC, McDonald's, Chapter 2 etc. Offering a variety of cuisines. McDonald's was the very first outlet to acquire a space here. You can even come by car and not worry about where to park it. This shopping mall in Kolkata provides visitors with a parking facility as well as the space to accommodate 1200 vehicles at once. Spread across four floors, it has all the significant things needed, i.e. PVR, entertainment zone, food court and all of it.
When you are here, you must visit the scary house.
Timing - 11:00 AM to 8:30 PM
Address - 164/1, Manicktala main road (E.M. Bypass), Kolkata, West Bengal
6. Acropolis MallTired of roaming around the massive South city mall? Well, then this mall in Kolkata is for you as it is half the size of south city mall. It has three levels and parking space for about 700 cars. With brands like Vero Moda, Only, Jack and Jones etc. it has around 90 retail shops. The best part about this mall is that you can find several places of interest nearby it also.
Timing - 10:30 AM to 9:30 PM
Address - 1858/1 Rajdanga Main Road, Sector 1, East Kolkata Twp, Kolkata
7. Lake MallIf you’re looking for a mall in Kolkata which you can go to for a quick visit, then Lake Mall is it. Well-known brands and eateries all packed into this comfortably sized mall; this place also is home to Cinepolis for all the latest movie buzz! If you’re a fan of Barbecue Nation, CCD, KFC, Dominos or even a little bit of Bengali food that 6 Ballygunge Place offers, then Lake Mall is your one-stop destination.
Timings: 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Address: Lake Mall, Rash Behari Avenue, Lake Market Area, Kalighat
8. Avani Riverside MallAvani Riverside Mall is the largest and nearest mall to Howrah Station. If you’re someone who likes last-minute shopping scenes, enjoy the options of Reliance, Manyavar, Biba, Big Bazaar, U.S. Polo Assn., and so much more! Belgian Waffle Co., McDonald’s, Wow Momo and Mainland China are only 4 of the tonnes of other options this mall has in store for you (literally!)!
Timings: 11:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Address: 32, Jagat Banerjee Ghat Road, Howrah
9. E MallOne of its kind, E Mall is the Indians very first speciality electronic mall. Heaven for tech-savvy people, it has all the electronic products be it Indian or imported. You can find exclusive brand stores of top IT brands. This place also has a food section and will also fulfil your fashion needs.
Timing - 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Address - 6 Chittaranjan Avenue, Kolkata
10. Forum Courtyard MallSituated in Bhowanipore area of Kolkata, it was at the very beginning was conceived as an office tower. It opened its doors to the public with the launch of Shoppers Stop. It is a place for high international brands like Rolex, Pramod, Mango, etc.
Timing - 11 AM to 9 PMEven before Delhi Kolkata was the very first capital of our country and the best part about this city is its cost of living. You have 500 bucks in your pocket and yet you can have some great time and food. This city offers something for everybody. I guess this is the reason why people call it the city of joy.
Address - 10/3, Elgin Rd, Sreepally, Bhowanipore
Remember: You may leave Kolkata, but a part of you always stays behind.