So, check out these cool breakfast places in Kolkata.
1. Flury'sOpened in 1927, Flury's is probably one of the most iconic tea rooms in Kolkata. Flury's has the old-world charm of a European tearoom from the British era. The place is immensely popular and enjoys many crowded hours. The décor retains a colonial vibe with furniture and colours that give it a vintage appearance.
Location: 18A, Park Street, Park Street area, Kolkata
Cost for two: INR 1,350 (approx.)
Timings: Monday to Sunday - 7:30 AM to 11:00 PM
Must-try Dishes: English Breakfast, Cinnamon Roll, Tea
2. JW KitchenIt offers a wide variety of north Indian, continental, italian and mediteranian food. It must be said that the food looks as lovely as its taste. It also has a stunningly elegant decor which gives a majestic vibe. Go for their Breakfast Buffet!
Location: JW Marriott Hotel Kolkata, JBS Haldane Avenue, South Kolkata
Cost for two: INR 3000
Timings: All day dining
Must-try Dishes: Waffles
3. The Corner CourtyardThis restaurant offers the most modern-rustic homely feel. It feels as if you are sitting in the corner of your room. It serves italian, european and continental food. Every part of this place looks like it came from different homes with pretty floral printed cushion chair, a nerdy book shelf with all the painted windows and doors makes it even prettier.
Location: 92B, Ground Floor, Sarat Bose Road Hazra, near SBI, south Kolkata
Cost for two: INR 1800
Timings: 8:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Must-Try Dishes: chocolate cake, crab cake, california pizza
4. The Wise Owl SteakhouseWise owl welcomes you with a bunch of greenery in front of it. The little fence in the front looks like it is a tiny farmhouse. It is vibrant and beautiful inside too. This cafe offers Italian, continental, american and indian food.
Location: 66/2 B, Purna Das Road, Sarat Bose Road, Kolkata
Cost for two: INR 1000
Timings: 7:30 AM to 10:45 PM
Must-Try dishes: Sandwiches, pancakes. the Anglo Indian Burger
5. Ramakrishna Lunch HomeThis place looks like the traditional south Indian restaurant serving mouth-watering South indian dishes. It is true that it is simple and not very lavish in its appearance, but the taste of the food is rich.
Location: 36, Bhupendra Mansion, Lake road, Sarat bose road
Cost for two: INR 250
Timings: 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM; 3:00 PM to 9:30 PM
Must-Try dishes: Paper masala dosa, butter masala dosa, masala vada, idli, uttapam
6. Desi CuisineIt is a normal indian restaurant offering fast food, gujarati, jain, north indian food. It serves only vegetarian food. It is not expensive nor does it have any fancy decor but it does not compromise with the food’s taste. The place also serves Jain food.
Location: 11, Harish Mukherjee road, Bhawanipur, near Gurudwara.
Cost for two: INR 450
Timings: 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM; 12:00 AM to 2:00AM
Must-Try dishes: tandoori aloo paratha, Paneer Tikka, Tea
7. Bombay Shiv SagarThis place is well known for its cleanliness and is considered to be a must visit if you happen to visit Kolkata. They offer really delicious masala dosa and dahi puri. The restaurant offers a wide range of vegetarian breakfast options.
Location: No. 1, Block- B, 22, Behind Pantaloons, First Floor, Camac St, Kankaria Estates, Park Street area, Kolkata, West Bengal 700017
Cost for two: INR 500
Timings: 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Must-Try dishes: Chats, Pav Bhaji, Idli
8. Banana LeafIt is a typical south-indian restaurant. It the tastiest south-indian delicacies. It has a very simple and plain fashioned decor. But, as the saying goes, “Never judge a book by its cover”, the taste of the food is not compromised.
Location: P-264C, Hemanta Mukhopadhyay Sarani, Near Vivekananda Park Southern Avenue Near Lake School for Girls South Kolkata
Cost for two: INR 500
Timings: 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Must-Try dishes: Masala dosa, idli, paper dosa, uttapam, lassi, thali
9. The Bikers CafeIt is one of the famous multi-cuisine restaurants in Kolkata. It offers wide range of cuisine including continental, Italian and oriental food. It is luxuriously furnished to look modern and elegant.
Location: 31, Elgin Road, Platinum mall, Kolkata, West Bengal 700020
Cost for two: INR 1100
Timings: 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM
Must-Try dishes: Latino Egg-Fast Combo, Club Sandwich
10. India RestaurantThis place is famous for its biryani and kebabs. The architecture of this place reminds you of the Mughals. It is spread over 3 floors, with marble flooring and intricate decor takes you to the Mughal era.
Location: 34, Karl Marx Sarani, Khidirpur, Beside Fancy Market
Cost for two: INR 850
Timings: 6:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Must-Try dishes: Paratha, Shahi tukda, Firni, Mutton Biryani
11. Gupta BrothersIt has a neat and simple decor. It looks like a normal Indian restaurant that offers chinese, desserts and north indian food. It is not expensive either and affordable.
Location: Multiple outlets in the city
Cost for two: INR 960
Timings: 7:00 AM to 10:30 PM
Must-Try Dishes: Pizza Dosa, Naan, Matar Kachori
12. Social KitchenThis place has awesome decor making it's visit memorable. It serves European, Asian and north Indian food.
Location: Holiday Inn Kolkata Airport, Ground Floor, Biswa Bangla Sarani, Rajarhat New Town Rajarhat Near Spencer's 24 Parganas NorthHope you have a great meal at these breakfast places in Kolkata.
Cost for two: INR 2100
Timings: 6:00 AM
Must-Try Dishes: Burgers and Sandwiches