1. White Desert Whichaway Camp, AntarcticaComprising of six high tech sleeping pods, the Whichaway Camp in the White Desert of Antarctica is entirely powered by solar panels. With fibreglass sleeping pods designed with total insulation, heat and noise cancellation, this hotel also offers an Antarctica soil expedition with professional guides provided by the hotel.
2. Fogo Island Inn, CanadaWith contrasting architecture and design, Fogo Island Inn is another hideaway option which you must experience on your trip to Canada. The best part about staying on this island is that you have the complete island to yourselves. You can explore or go for a hike, with no other visible structure in the vicinity.
3. Mashpi Lodge, EcuadorOffering you a unique combination of nature, opulence and hospitality, Mashpi Lodge in Choco Rainforest of Ecuador, which is one of the identified biodiversity hotspots of the world. The hotel is situated right in the middle of the forest and allows you to stay amidst the wildlife. This accommodation is particularly recommended for those who seek different types of experiences. You may also go for a safari tour in the rainforest with the hotel guides. The interiors of the hotel are designed in a simple and stylish manner, with wall-sized open windows and floor to ceiling openings. So, don’t get frightened if you see a howler monkey sitting on the sofa when you wake up in the morning! Their rooms have a fixed price of USD 1,100 irrespective of whether you choose a King–sized room or a Twin room.
4. Southern Ocean Lodge, Kangaroo Island, AustraliaBagging multiple awards for its luxury lodge experience, the Southern Ocean Lodge of Kangaroo Island in Australia is known for being one of the best hotels in the world. Overlooking the ocean, the place allows you to capture some breathtaking views from your room. The interiors of the place are truly amazing. Sunken lounge, glass-walled ensuite, grand sleeping areas etc. are something which you may not find in any other hotel across the world. You may also go for exploration tour of the island, taking a stroll amongst the sea lions, photographing with kangaroos or simply going for a walk on the beach. Their rooms are priced from AUD 1,250 to AUD 12,960 depending upon the room type.
5. Three Camel Lodge, MongoliaSituated in Gobi Desert of Mongolia with the mighty Gobi–Altai Mountain range in the distance, Three Camel Lodge of Mongolia will allow you to explore a completely different habitat! Operating completely on solar and wind energy, the Three Camel Lodge offers you a cool and comfortable interior to stay irrespective of the desert’s temperature. During evenings, you may enjoy the traditional music performances delivered by the Lodge staff members while gnawing on some mouth-watering Mongolian dishes. Camel Trekking on the sand dunes, horse riding and hiking expeditions in the Gobi Desert and the Altai Mountains are some of the activities you may engage in during your stay at the Lodge. Their rooms prices start from USD 1,975 per person.
6. Deplar Farm, IcelandOffering a wide range of services and amenities beneath its traditional Iceland–styled roofs, Deplar Farm is one of the most opulent accommodation options in Iceland. These include a Geothermal pool with a swim-up bar, Media rooms, sports area, two helipads etc. Whichever room you choose at the place, you will get some eye-catching views of the snow-capped mountains standing along the Troll Peninsula. During nights, you may enjoy the views of ‘Northern Lights’ magically glistening the sky. You may even book yourselves for some interesting activities such as trekking on the mountains, skiing, horse riding and many more. The prices for their rooms start from GBP 2,283 per person per night.
7. Song Saa Private Island, CambodiaPart of the Koh Rong Island, the Song Saa Private Island in Cambodia is a hotel cum island in itself. The hotel sprawls over two isles, all covered in lush green vegetation. Being situated in the middle of waters, you may enjoy the pristine vibes of the sea right from your room! You may also go for early morning snorkelling sessions or go kayaking in the waters amidst the mangrove forests of the region. Their rooms are ranged from USD 890 per person per night to USD 3,590 per person per night.
8. Awasi Patagonia, ChileSituated on the edge of Torres del Paine National Park of Chile, Awasi Patagonia is the perfect place for you to stay if you love to spend time in solitude or go adventuring. During your stay at the place, you may go for hiking expeditions in the national park with the guides from the hotel or go horse riding to spot wild animals prominent in the area. You may book rooms with them, starting from USD 3,400 per person per night to USD 10,950 per person per night.
9. Skylodge Adventure Suites, PeruYou might have stayed in hotels or lodges situated amidst natural habitat, but the Skylodge Adventure Suites of Peru allows you to spend the night in a glass capsule hanging from the mountains! With nothing but the rocky bottom of the Sacred Valley of Cuzco beneath you, the place is certainly not recommended for the faint-hearted person. The hotel comprises of total three such capsules, each with a capacity of 12 people. While staying in the capsule, you get to witness some amazing views of the mountains surrounding you, making it an adventurous experience in itself! The place has a fixed price of USD 450 per person per night for staying in the capsules.
10. Pacuare Lodge, Costa RicaLocated on the banks of Pacuare River, Pacuare Lodge provides you with magnificent views of the Talamanca mountains towards the north, the Costa Rican Rainforest towards its back and the Pacuare River flowing on its feet. Above this, the architecture and interiors of the lodge are equally intriguing as the forest. The rainforest is popular for a wide range of animals such as monkeys, jaguars, sloths and many different species of birds. During your stay, you may engage in a lot of activities such as hiking in the jungle, canyoneering, white water river rafting and canopy riding in the waters. All this will make up for a perfect tour of the rainforest. The prices of rooms at the Pacuare Lodge range from USD 586 per person per night to USD 917 as per their different room options.
11. Nyungwe House, RwandaSituated amidst the lush green tea plantations of Nyamasheke Nyungwe Forest Reserve in Rwanda, Nyungwe House offers you a mixed experience of its wildlife and traditional cultures during your stay. The place comprises of different types of treetop suites and villas frescoed with African paintings and furniture making up for a decent yet unique interior. During your stay, you may book tours of the 250,000 acres Forest Reserve for sightseeing different wild animals such as grey-cheeked mangabeys, black and white colobus monkeys etc. During evenings, you may simply relax on your private deck or dine aside the fireplace in your suite. This will surely make up for a memorable experience of your trip to Rwanda!
12. Yemaya Island Hideaway and Spa, Corn Islands, NicaraguaComprising of standalone cabanas on the hillside of Yemaya Island, an island named after the African goddess of the sea. The hideaway offers you three different types of accommodation options, and you may customise the services and amenities which you want during your stay at the place! Yemaya Island Hideaway and Spa is surrounded by coco palm trees and white sand beaches. In addition to this, you may indulge in different activities such as paddle boarding, snorkelling, kite surfing, Miskito boat sailing, kayaking etc. Their rooms are priced from USD 95 per person per night to USD 200 per person per night.
13. Palacio de Sal, BoliviaPalacio de Sal hotel is located on the edge of the world’s largest salt plain. Even more amazing thing is that the hotel has been built out of salt itself! Everything – furniture, ceilings, dining areas, walls etc. are made up of salt! Apart from this, the hotel offers you a wide range of luxurious amenities and services. These include a dry sauna, saltwater swimming pool, steam room and whirlpool bathing areas among others. The place is an ideal one to book if you are planning to travel to or from Salar de Uyumi.
14. Fundu Lagoon, TanzaniaSituated towards the north of Zanzibar on Pemba Island, Fundu Lagoon of Tanzania is one of the best places for you to book if you are travelling with your family. Unlike other hotels, this place offers you tent rooms opening to the blue waters of the ocean! Apart from these beach suites, the place also offers you jungle suites which comprise of a private pool for you to relax and salas with a minibar. There are no air conditioners to keep the tents cool, but you can enjoy a cool sea breeze blowing throughout the day! During your stay at the hotel, you may indulge in different activities such as windsurfing, kayaking, scuba diving, snorkelling and yacht sailing. Their room prices range from USD 150 per person per night to USD 900 per person per night depending upon the type of suite you book and the time of year you are visiting the place.
15. Alpine Shelter, SloveniaHave you ever imagined to wake up in a place where you are on top of a mountain with nothing but endless clouds and ice-capped mountains visible in the distance? Well, the Alpine Shelter in Slovenia is one such hideaway spot where you may experience this! The Alpine Shelter homes have been built on the rough hilltops of Mount Skuta, which is having an elevation of around 8,307 ft from the sea level. The Alpine Shelter homes can accommodate up to eight people. While you might be fearing your life from the strong winds and extreme cold weather at the mountain, you would be amazed to know that the Shelter homes have been built in a manner to insulate its guests from such situations. So, you may book the place and enjoy the spectacular views of the mountains as much as you want!
16. The Star LightRoom, ItalyLocated in the Italian town of Cortina d’Ampezzo, The Star Light Room is the perfect place for you to stay amidst the dolomite rocks of the place. There are no rooms present in the hotel. Instead, you get to stay at the small cabins standing on faux skis. These cabins are made up of glass and give you a clear glimpse of the sky above your head. The best thing about the Star Light Room is that you can travel between the rooms on a snowmobile!
17. Uma Punakha, BhutanWith panoramic mountains of the eastern Himalayas surrounding the hotel, Uma Punakha is situated in the foothills of the mighty mountain range. The hotel overlooks the famous Mo Chu River of Bhutan, which is known to be shaped like a snake. Uma Punakha offers a lot of amenities to its guests. These include a minibar, Egyptian cotton sheets, Yoga spaces etc. From the hotel, you may also book trekking tours in the Himalayas to have a wonderful experience of your stay at the hotel!
With so many interesting hideaway locations across the globe, there is no point in wasting time thinking about your next travel plan. Just book your favourite hideaway to achieve experiences like never before! And yes, don’t forget to share your choice in the comments below!