The climate of Dubai in DecemberThe UAE is known for its hot weather and becomes very unbearable during peak summer. The winter months are a lot cooler with December and January being the coldest months. Temperatures in December hover around 25ºC in the day to 16ºC in the night. It is the perfect time to experience all the activities in Dubai.
Average high: 25ºC
Average low: 16ºC
Rain forecast: Passing showers
Reasons to Visit Dubai in DecemberPeople of various countries flock in numbers to the city because it is home to diverse cultures and people of different nationalities.
Also, with Christmas and New Year coming towards the end of the month, the city is illuminated at its best giving an excellent holiday and party vibe. December is the time to attend festivals like Dubai Shopping Festival, UAE National Day Festival, Dubai International Film Festival and a lot more.
Major Festivals in December in DubaiDubai has ample festivals to cater to the various interests of the tourists and boy, are they beautiful and enthralling!
1. Dubai Shopping FestivalThe Dubai Shopping Festival, aka DSF, started in 1996 as a local event and since then, it has never looked back. If the shopaholic in you has been quiet for some time now, go over to Dubai to grab the best deals and discounts from over 50 malls across town, which run for over a month, every year. Check out more details about the DSF, here.
Dates: 26 December 2019 to 24 January 2020
Timings: 4 PM to 12 AM on weekdays, 4 PM to 1 AM on weekends and public holidays.
2. Dubai International Film FestivalThe leading movie festival in the Middle-East returns in 2019 after the organisers decided to cancel the 2018 edition and announced that the event will be held once every two years from now on. During the 14 versions, the event has managed to screen more than 2000 movies. The event gives away a wide array of awards to existing and upcoming artistes and filmmakers, making it a platform for all kinds of talent to emerge in the industry.
Dates: 6 - 13 December 2019 (tentative)
3. International Coffee and Tea FestivalThis is the only dedicated coffee and tea expo in the Arab region and also has coffee championships with a prize pool of USD 50,000. Visitors could get a taste of various types of coffee and tea, all under one roof.
Dates: 4-6 December 2019(Tentative)
4. Gulf Car FestivalIf aerodynamics, innovation and engine revs get you going, this is the place for you to be. The edition has seen five editions since 2014, and they are expecting the sixth to be an absolute ripper. Cars and bikes from most of the leading manufacturers will be put up on exhibition, and you could have sight of some cars for the first time before the general public in Dubai in December.
Dates: 12 -14 December 2019
Timings: 4 PM - 10 PM
5. Dubai Rugby SevensOrganised by Emirates, Dubai Rugby Sevens is the longest-running sports event in the middle-east. This event has seen the likes of some of the most prominent veterans and active players in the business and fans rush the gates of the Sevens Stadium to witness their icons take the field. Check out more about the Dubai Rugby Sevens 2019 here.
Dates: 5 - 7 December 2019
6. New Year’s in DubaiNew Year parties are fun, but Dubai offers so much variety in the way you could bring out the party animal in you. You could sit by the beach and witness the fireworks, or you could see the Burj Khalifa lit up, all the way to the top. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Check out more about how you could spend time for this New year below
Dubai New Year 2020
Date: 31 December 2019
Places to Visit and Things to DoThe desert nation has a lot of architectural marvels to witness and many other activities to do in Dubai in December. Watch the sunset in the horizons from the world’s highest observation deck at Burj Khalifa, soar high in the skies in a Hot Air balloon or have a 360º view of the city while having a meal at Dinner in the Sky. Bring out the adventurous side of you by skydiving over Palm Jumeirah, base jump from the Burj Khalifa or manoeuvre on a flyboard.
1. Hot Air Balloon flightIf you’ve been worrying about not getting a window seat in your flight, then this ride has all the views to ditch window seat view from your airplane. Soaring above the vast desert sands and giving a view of the Hajjar mountains on one side and the city on the other. Check out more about the Hot air balloon flight here.
2. Dinner in the SkyThis restaurant offers the most unusual kind of seating in town. The table is suspended by a crane at a height of 50 meters from the ground and all safety measures are ensured for the guests while they can enjoy a unique view of Dubai. They have two sessions of lunch, a tea session and three sessions of dinner at different times of the day.
3. Dhow CruiseThere is no better place to know about the heritage of Dubai than the Dubai Creek and what better way can you enjoy it than the Dhow Cruise through the city’s waterway. The Dhow Cruise takes you through all phases of the history of Dubai, exploring its past and its development since then. To know more about the Dhow Cruise and the available packages, click here.
5. Ski DubaiAlthough Dubai is all about sand, this place gives you the chills. You could flaunt your skiing skills along with friends and family. There are a lot of activities to do inside Ski Dubai and the ski track is 400 meters long and 80 meters wide, providing the guests with abundant space to ski. To know the timings, entry, and prices at Ski Dubai, click here.
6. Xline DubaiThe world’s longest and fastest urban zipline was created by XDubai, which reaches speeds of around 80kmph. The zipline offers views of Dubai Marina and runs in between many skyscrapers and finally ends on the terrace of Dubai Marina Mall. Check out more about the Xline Dubai here.
Check out all the places you could visit and the activities you could do in Dubai in December, below.
Winter in Dubai
Adventure activities in Dubai
Tourist attractions in Dubai
Start packing your bags and get going to the most happening city in Middle-East to experience the best parties, the best festivals and more of the best in Dubai in December.