Dubai, a popular travel destination, attracts a significant number of Indian tourists each year. If you're planning a trip to Dubai, understanding the visa application process is crucial. Here's a comprehensive guide to help you navigate the Dubai visa process:
Type of Visa
Tourist Visa: This is the most common type for Indian tourists and is valid for either 30 or 90 days. It's suitable for leisure travel, visiting family or friends, or business visits.
Apply Through an Airline or Travel Agency
Indian nationals cannot get a Dubai visa directly through the consulate.
Airlines: Many major airlines (like Etihad and Emirates) operating in India have tie-ups with UAE authorities and can assist you in the visa application process. Check with the airline you're flying with for details.
Travel Agencies: Several authorized travel agencies can help with visa applications. They usually charge a service fee.
You can directly apply for a Dubai visa online and do not need to submit your passport at the embassy. No visa stamp is needed. You can directly enter Dubai once your visa is approved and you receive a digital copy of it.
Dubai Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens - Documents
- Passport Front & Back: Coloured photocopies of the First and the Last two pages of the Passport. (valid for six months from the date of travel)
- Photograph: Two colores passport-sized photographs on a white background
- Application Form: A completed visa application form
- The Confirmed return airline ticket
- Travel insurance for your stay in Dubai
- Proof of sufficient funds
Dubai Visa for Indians Cost
30-day Single Entry Dubai visa: AED 330 (approximately INR 7400).
30-day Multiple Entry Dubai visa: AED 800 (approximately INR 17,845).
60-day Single Entry Dubai visa: AED 650 (approximately INR 14,500).
60-day Multiple Entry Dubai visa: AED 1750 (approximately INR 39,035).
The visa fees vary based on the exchange rate and where you apply for the visa
Visa Processing Time
Dubai visa for Indian citizens is generally processed within 3-5 days.
Online Application Process for Dubai Visa for Indian Citizens
- Select a UAE Visa Service: Choose an airline or travel agency authorized to provide UAE visas. Visit their website and select the type of visa you need (e.g., 30-day or 90-day tourist visa).
- Complete the Application Form: Fill out the online application form with accurate and complete details. Review the form before submission.
- Submit Required Documents: Scan and upload all necessary documents, including a copy of your passport, confirmed flight tickets, hotel reservations, and passport-sized photographs.
- Pay the Visa Fee: Pay the visa processing fee online using a credit/debit card.
Document Verification and Processing
- Once you submit the application and necessary documents, the service provider will review your application for accuracy and completeness.
- They will then submit your application to the UAE immigration department for approval.
Visa Approval and Issuance
- Upon approval, you will receive the visa via email. Ensure all details are accurate.
- Print a copy of the visa to carry with you during your travel.
Be mindful of the visa expiry date to avoid overstay fines. The UAE imposes significant penalties for overstaying your visa.
Other Types of Dubai Visas for Indian Citizens
There are various types of Dubai Visa For Indians as per the duration of stay and multiple entries for Indian nationals to acquire based on the trip they take to the Emirate of Dubai. Sometimes, travel tickets need to be provided based on the type of your visit to Dubai.
48-hour Visa: This visa is valid for two days, and it will be ideal for people who will be visiting Dubai for business meetings and long layover periods. It is a single entry visa and requires you to produce your to and fro tickets. The entry validity is 30 days from the date of issue of the Visa.
96-hour Visa: This single-entry visa is valid for travelers who plan to stay in the UAE for fewer than four days. It is an ideal visa for people who are visiting the country for business meetings and taking stopovers en route on their further journey.
14-day Visa: This type of visa is for people who visit the country for a trip. It is a single-entry, non-extendable visa valid for 14 days. The entry validity of the visa is 14 days from the date of issue.
30-day Visa / Tourist Visa (Duration of stay): The Tourist Visa is preferred by people who will be visiting their families and will be sightseeing in the UAE. It is a single-entry Visa with an entry validity of 58 days and can be extended twice for 30 days each.
90-day Visa (Duration of stay): People who plan to visit friends/family or have to stay for an extended period can acquire this single-entry Dubai Visa For Indians. Applicants must provide a letter stating the purpose of the visit and have to provide two separate local contacts along with their Photo ID and address proof. If the applicant is an unaccompanied young person or a woman traveling alone, it is mandatory to provide a pre-approval from immigration.
30-day Visa (Multiple entries): This Visa is for people who keep commuting to different places very frequently. It allows the visa holder to travel to UAE multiple times for 30 days from the first visit. The entry validity of the visa is 58 days and can be extended twice for 30 days each. Multiple entry visas, once utilized, cannot be canceled.
90-day Visa (Multiple entries): This is for travelers who will have to visit the UAE repeatedly over longer stints of time. It enables the traveler to enter the country multiple times over 90 days from the first entry into the UAE. Applicants will have to state the purpose of travel and provide a letter stating the self-guarantee of exiting Dubai within the validity period. Unaccompanied students and women under the age of 25 must provide pre-approvals from immigration. Multiple entry visa once utilized cannot be canceled, and the holder must await expiry.
Ensure you have all the necessary documents and follow the application process carefully to obtain your Dubai visa hassle-free.