1. Ahmedabad - Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (AMD)
2. Vadodara - Vadodara Airport (BDQ)
3. Surat Airport (STV)Surat Airport is a domestic airport situated 11 kilometres away from the city. The management of the airport was earlier under the hands of Gujarat Government and has now shifted to the Airports Authority of India. Ever since a much-needed development and expansion of services has taken place. The Airport offers baggage services, ATM, medical services, restaurants and snack bars. The airport has the capacity to handle 240 passengers. Taxis, bus service and auto-rickshaws are available from the airport. The airport has flights to Mumbai, Delhi and a few cities in Gujarat. Apart from that, from 1st July 2017, SpiceJet will start flights to Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Patna and Delhi. The Airports Authority of India has planned to increase passenger traffic by expanding the airport. Dumas beach is only 6.6 kilometres away from the airport. A bus to the Chowk bus stand that lies in the city centre leaves from the airport after every one hour twenty-three minutes. From there, many places like Maharana Pratap Circle, Joggers Park, Science Museum are easily accessible.
4. Rajkot Airport (RAJ)
5. Jamnagar Airport (JGA)
6. Bhuj Airport (BHJ)
7. Porbandar Airport (PBD)Serving the city of Porbandar is the Porbandar Airport, which is situated 5 kilometres away. The new terminal building of the airport is equipped with some facilities and has a capacity of handling 100 passengers. The airport is also another civil aerodrome. The airport has flights to Mumbai, Diu, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai and Delhi. The airport provides some passenger and general facilities like baggage services, medical assistance and back bar. Auto Rickshaws and taxis are accessible outside the airport. The nearest bus station is 6 kilometres away, and the Porbandar railway station is 9 kilometres away. Kirti Mandir, Sudama Mandir and Bhunanath Mahadev Temple are located around 10 kilometres from the airport into the city. Where as Shree Hari Mandir is located the other side of the airport and is only 4 kilometres away.
8. Bhavnagar AirportBhavnagar Airport is a small Airport offering flights only to Mumbai. The airport is located 5 kilometres away from the city. Jet Airways was one of the airlines serving the Port but soon left due to lack of passengers making Air India the only airline serving the airport. The airport has a single terminal but also features a cargo terminal. Even though the airport is small and has a limited capacity, it provides baggage services, VIP lounges and medical assistance.
The airport has a taxi and auto rickshaw stand from where the said transport can be hired. Tourists attractions like Takhteshwar Temple (6 km from airport), Shri Swaminarayan Mandir (6.5 km from airport), Barton Museum (5 km from airport) and Victoria Park Garden (7.5 km from the airport) are easily navigable from the airport by road. Bhavnagar Terminus is situated 20 minutes (6 kilometres by road) away from the airport.
9. Kandla Airport (IXY)Kandla Airport often referred to as Gandhidham Airport, is located in the Kutch district (North of Kandla and Anjar). The airport was built in the late 1950s, but the flight operations were started in the 1960s. Until 1999, Jet Airways and Gujarat Airlines had flights to Mumbai, after which they ceased their operations. Again in the year 2006, Air Deccan started daily flights between Mumbai and Kandla but also stopped its operations in the year 2012. As of now, the Ventura AirConnect airline is serving the port with destinations as Ahmedabad and Surat. The Airport has a single runway and one terminal with a capacity of handling 100 passengers. The airport provides primary baggage and passenger services. The airport has snack bars and duty-free shops as well. The airport is 7.6 kilometres away from Gandhidham city centre. Gandhi Samadi (8.3 km away), Gemini circus (11.3) and Dhara aquarium (4.2 km away from the airport) are some famous tourists attractions in Gandhidham where taxi cab or buses can be taken.
The Gandhidham Railway Station is situated 20 minutes (9.8 kilometres by road) and Gandhidham. Bus Stop is situated 15 minutes (9.2 kilometres by road) away from the airport. Local transport like auto-rickshaws is available from the airport.
10. Dholera International AirportThe Dholera International Airport is a proposed airport undergoing construction. It is to be located in Navagam, in the Dholera Taluka. The airport is spread over 1426 hectares and is to help control the Ahmedabad Airport's air traffic. The site is said to accommodate two runways.
11. Keshod Airport (IXK)Serving the city of Junagadh and Veraval is the Keshod Airport, located in Keshod, Gujarat. The airport was built by Nawab of Junagadh (Mahabhatkanji |||) for his private use. In the 1980s, the airport was made public and flights were scheduled. However, in the year 2000, Jet Airways, the only airline serving the port at that time, ceased its operations. Thus currently there are no flights functioning on the airport.
12. Mehsana AirportMehsana Airport was an abandoned airfield which was then developed by the Government of Gujarat and a private company (Ahmedabad Aviation & Aeronautics Ltd.) by public - private partnership. Narendra Modi, who was the Chief Minister of Gujarat at that time, inaugurated the airport in the year 2007. The airport has no passenger operations or scheduled flights. Therefore if one wishes to fly to Mehsana, the nearest airports are the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (Ahmedabad Airport), which is 65 kilometres away from Mehsana or the Vadodara Airport, which is 164 kilometres away.
13. Amreli AirportAmreli Airport is an airstrip built by the government of Gujarat in Amreli, India. The Runway was not suitable for any flight operations but soon it was repaired, and flight operations to Surat were started. Amreli currently has only one destination - Surat and Ventura AirConnect is the only airline company. The flight operations to Surat were started due to high demand from the passengers. The Amreli Station is located 6 minutes (1.5 kilometres by road) away from the airport. The Airport provides basic passenger facilities and baggage services. Kamnath Mahadev Mandir is situated 5 kilometres from the airport. Travellers can use state buses or taxis available at the airport to reach here.
14. Ankleshwar AirportAnkleshwar airport is an airport in the village of Mandva in Bharuch district of Gujarat. The Gujarat State Aviation Infrastructure Company Limited has acquired 80 acres of land for the construction of the airport. The airport was expected to be operational by 2013 but still, is facing a hurdle in obtaining environmental clearance as the port is situated near the National Highway (NH8). This airport was proposed to boost investment in the upcoming petroleum industry in the area.
15. Deesa AirportDeesa Airport is an airport in the princely state of Palanpur. The airport has had a rumour of conducting illegal activities and being involved in the 2G Scam. The airport has no passenger operations and is planned to be used as a full-fledged airbase by the Indian Air Force in the future.
16. Bhuj Rudra Mata Airforce BaseThe Bhuj Rudra Mata Airforce Base is a military airport that shares its runway with Bhuj Airport. The airbase was reconstructed after being damaged extensively in the 2001 Gujarat earthquake. The airbase currently has residential buildings, shopping complexes, supports other activities and has an Air Force School.
17. NaliyaNaliya is a town in the western end of Kutch district of Gujarat. It 19 km by road from the ancient port of Jakhau. Since Naliya is very close to the border of Pakistan, the town has an Indian Air Force station.
18. MandviA flying school has been proposed in Mandvi, which was once a major port in the Kutch district of Gujarat.
Most of the Airports in Gujarat have expansion and development plans for the future.