Raiyoli which is an integral part of Balasinor town of Mahisagar district is now known to be the third largest dinosaur fossil site in the world and also, the second largest dinosaur hatchery where near about 10,000 dinosaur eggs have been excavated and treasured. This sure is a great boost to Gujarat's tourism industry.
The Fossil Museum highlights the following attractions-
- It displays mammoth statues of different creatures and life size dinosaur replicas.
- The Museum is well-equipped with modern technology like 360 degree 3D projection, virtual reality, interactive kiosks.
- It has around 10 galleries displaying details of dinosaurs in India and fossil exhibitions.
- There are as many as 50 figurines throwing light on habits and habitats of creatures.
- Further excavations here in the site have revealed hints of the existence of thick – legged, heavy – bodied creatures called Rajasaurus Narmadensis. Exciting, isn't it?
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani inaugurated the Museum on 8th June 2019. The state government has dedicated RS 10 Crore as a funding for its promotion. “All efforts will be made to promote the site internationally for tourism”- said Gujarat CM. It is open to all visitors now!
How excited are you to visit the Museum? Tell us in the comments below.