Tourist Visa Stay Period - 30 days
Type of entry - Single Entry
Visa Fees - Free
Extension Available - Up to 60 days
What is the Procedure to Get Maldives Visa for Indians?
- A Maldives Tourist Form will be handed over that you need to fill with all the authentic details.
- After filling out the form, you are required to submit a set of legal documents as demanded by the government procedure.
- This is followed by a short interview where some questions are asked by the Immigration officer.
What Documents are Required to Get on Arrival Tourist Visa in Maldives?
- An official passport valid for more than 6 months post the date of your journey.
- Two passport size coloured photographs which are 35mm in width and 44mm in length. The face should be clearly visible.
- Copies of booking confirmations of hotels or any other accommodation chosen for the trip.
- A confirmed return or onward ticket from the Maldives.
- Sufficient funds to last the intended period of stay in Maldives
- Traveller health declaration needs to be filled and submitted, within 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Covid-19 negative PCR test result taken within 96 hours prior to arrival in Maldives
What is the Visa Cost for Maldives?
How Can I Extend My Tourist Visa in Maldives?
Cancellation of Visa
- The documents submitted are not authentic or state false information.
- If the person is suspected of having inappropriate intentions to indulge in violence or any unlawful activity.
- If the person, when interviewed by the officer, is found to have strong anti-semantic religious or political views.
- If the person engages in any means of employment on a tourist permit.
- If a case of public nuisance or disruption of harmony is registered.
- If the person is staying beyond the duration permitted by the authorities.
- The immigration line is quite long most of the time. To avoid that, make sure to fill the immigration form before landing (mostly offered in flight) and exit the plane quickly.
- Maldives airport is quite small. There is only 1 passage to follow. Counters of each resort are placed. Just go to them and they will guide you with further speedboat or seaplane transfer.
- Domestic flights and speedboats are available at Male airport for the onward journey to the other islands
- Water Airport for seaplanes is on the other side of the Male Airport. Shuttle buses are available to take you to the water airport