Tourist Visa Stay Period - 30 days
Type of entry - Single Entry
Visa Fees - Free
Extension Available - Up to 60 days
Documents Required for Maldives Visa
- Original passport valid for more than 6 months, post the date of your journey. The passport must have a minimum of 3 blank pages. Also, carry all old passports, if any.
- Two passport size recent coloured photographs that are 35mm in width and 44mm in length. The face should be clearly visible.
- Proof of accommodation (hotel bookings or any other chosen accommodation)
- A confirmed return or onward ticket from the Maldives.
- Sufficient funds to last the intended period of stay in Maldives (approx USD 50 per day)
- Traveller health declaration filled out and submitted within 72 hours of the flight time.
Procedure to Get Maldives Visa for Indians
- A Maldives Tourist Form will be handed over that you need to fill with all the authentic details. The airlines also generally provide this form, which you can fill out before landing to save time.
- After filling out the form, you must submit a set of valid documents as demanded by the government.
- This is followed by a short interview where the Immigration officer asks some questions.
Visa Cost for Maldives
How Can I Extend My Tourist Visa in Maldives?
Cancellation of Visa
- The documents submitted are not authentic or state false information.
- If the person is suspected of having inappropriate intentions to indulge in violence or any unlawful activity
- When interviewed by the officer, if the person is found to have strong anti-semantic religious or political views.
- If the person engages in any means of employment on a tourist permit.
- If a case of public nuisance or disruption of harmony is registered.
- If the person is staying beyond the duration permitted by the authorities.
- The immigration line is quite long most of the time. To avoid that, make sure to fill out the immigration form before landing (mostly offered in flight) and exit the plane quickly.
- Maldives airport is quite small. There is only 1 passage to follow. Counters of each resort are placed. Just go to them and they will guide you with further speedboat or seaplane transfer.
- Domestic flights and speedboats are available at Male airport for the onward journey to the other islands.
- Water Airport for seaplanes is on the other side of the Male Airport. Shuttle buses are available to take you to the water airport.