- Ride a Seaplane to Your Hotel or Resort - The seaplane can be used to reach resorts that are located further away from Male. This is a great option to experience and take in the breath-taking views of Maldives. Maldivian Air Taxi and Trans-Maldivian Airways are the two main operators in the Maldives.
- Arrive in the Maldives and Stay in a Luxury Resort - There are so many good luxury resorts to stay in around the Maldives. The great part about all these resorts is the view of blue waters all around. It is a great way to spend some quality time with your better half.
- Snorkelling or Scuba diving - What better way to start your honeymoon than to spend it exploring the colourful coral reefs and swimming with the sea turtles and fish.
- Head to Iberry Cafe for a Hearty Lunch - Iberry Cafe is a quaint boutique-style cafe located in Hulhumale. Here you'll get the chance to indulge in a variety of fresh seafood dishes while sitting with the locals.
Location: Iberry Cafe, Ahigas Magu, Iberry Villa, Block 1036, Hulhumale, Maldives
Contact:+960 335 6686
- Dine under the Stars - Choose to dine on the beach rather than indoors. Eating under the open sky and stars, surrounded by candles and the sound of crashing waves. You will get brownie points for creating the most scintillating and intimate atmosphere for your dream getaway.
- Grab Breakfast at the Hotel - Have a filling breakfast at the hotel's breakfast buffet before heading out.
- Go on a Shopping Spree - Visit the Male local market and Majeedhee Magu for some street shopping. You will find traditional Maldivian mats and handicrafts and handmade jewellery. Apart from that, you can also try out some local snacks and desserts here.
- Get a Couple's Spa or Massage Treatment â€“ After spending the morning doing some shopping, you will want to take a minute to relax and recuperate. So, get a spa treatment or massage with your significant other. You can choose to enhance your experience by getting the massage outdoors with the view and sounds of the sea in the background.
Best Places To Get A Spa Or Massage Treatment-
1. Lime Spa - Huvafen Fushi Resort
2. Talise Spa - Jumeirah Vittaveli
3. The Spa and Ayurvedic Retreat - Four Seasons Resort
4. CHI, The Spa â€“ Shangri- LVillingili Resort and Spa
5. The Spa by Thalgo - The Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
6. One & Only Spa by ESPA
- Lunch - After a relaxing couple's massage, head to the resort's restaurant for some delicious food.
- The Underwater Dining Experience - Ever wondered how it would feel to be inside an aquarium? Well, now you get to try it, make the experience romantic, and not even get wet. There are various options to choose from, and with that, you could choose to eat at a new restaurant every day. Just imagine dining with the fishes, how cool would that be!
Best Underwater Dining Restaurants:
1. Ithaa Undersea Restaurant
2. M6m (Minus Six Metres)
3. 5.8 Undersea Restaurant
- Go Island Hopping and Stay in A Different Resort - Rather than staying on just one island, and in one resort, plan to stay in a couple of different resorts on different islands to experience all that Maldives has to offer.
Places To Stay: There are hotels and resorts for all budget types.
1. Huvafen Fushi
2. Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives
3. Six Senses Laamu
4. Kandima Maldives
5. One & Only Reethi Rah
6. Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
7. Soneva Jani
8. Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Take a Dhoni Ride - Ride on the local Dhoni boat which is made from coconut palm timber and used as a mode of transportation. You can use them for travelling from one island to another.
- Take Part in Other Water Sports - There are a variety of water sports available around the islands. Paddleboarding, windsurfing, and canoeing are some other options for the newly-wed couples seeking a little adventure during their honeymoon.
- Lunch at Sala Thai - The restaurant is a great option if you're conscious of what you eat. The chefs go to great lengths to ensure the use of fresh ingredients in the meals. Ingredients are flown from Asia every week to maintain the quality of their service. The dishes belong to the Siamese cuisine.
- Sit Back and Relax to Some Tunes with Your Meal - Visit Symphony Lagoon and take your candlelight dinner on the beach. If you've had enough of the beach, you can choose to dine indoors in a tropical-themed restaurant or sit outdoors and dine in the garden area with some soft music playing in the background.
Location: Symphony Lagoon, Crystal Sands Beach Hotel, Maafushi, Male, Maldives
Contact: +960 779 0660
- Take a Ferry or Taxi Boat - It is easy to find a ferry option to island-hop as they are widely available at Male and the nearby islands. There are boats of all shapes and sizes available. The resort you're staying in decides which boat will take you to your destination.
- Visit the National Museum - You will get to see a diverse collection of articles that have been protected over time ranging from coins, armour, weapons, furniture, shoes, and costumes.
- Take a Helicopter Ride - As a romantic surprise, take your partner on a helicopter ride and get a picturesque view of the islands. As you fly over, you get to see the different shades of blue in the water and also how beautiful and isolated the islands are.
- Eat at Reethi Restaurant - The restaurant has an open kitchen concept with glass screens that allow customers and guests to watch their meals being cooked. With an Asia-Pacific fusion and Mediterranean flavoured cuisine, the restaurant has theme nights to display their most popular dishes. They even have a walk-in wine room.
Location: Reethi Restaurant, One & Only Reethi Rha, Kaafu Atoll, Maldives
Contact: +960 664 8800
- End your trip with a dinner at Muraka - The restaurant is located at the end of a jetty and with the sun setting in the background, it is the perfect place to go for some cocktails and a romantic dinner.
Location: Muraka, Mirihi Island Resort, South Ari Atoll, MaldivesNote: The boats and seaplanes do not operate after dark.
Contact: +960 668 0500
What are you waiting for now that you have the perfect Honeymoon Itinerary for the Maldives! Plan that romantic getaway with your soulmate and make the most cherishable memories of a lifetime.