1. Sunset Beach
2. La Mer BeachFormerly Jumeirah Public Beach, La Mer Beach in Dubai is a wonderful location for those who appreciate a chic aesthetic. It has beautiful wooden walkways and beachside promenades as well as vibrant artwork and graffiti murals. There are ice cream parlours and restaurants to fill your appetite, and a fair share of bars to satiate those cravings. The beach has shacks to cool down and public showers to wash down, as well as water sports equipment on rent at nominal prices. There are even hammocks to lie down in shallow waters. Surprisingly, all these amenities come at no cost as the entry is free!
3. Kite BeachLocated on Al Manara Road, this beach gains its name from the popularity of kitesurfing here. It is home to plenty of water sports such as kayaking, beach tennis, and beach volleyball and land sports like skating and a high-ropes course as well. Because of these amenities, it's a great place for families. On the weekends, it has even got a seaside market that sells arts and crafts. Best of all, it's got a spectacular view of the Burj Al Arab.
4. Burj BeachAs the name suggests, this beach in Dubai offers a fantastic view of the Burj Al Arab. It has become the go-to destination for surfers and swimmers who enjoy a good challenge, as the waves here are quite choppy. There are plenty of other water sports on offer too, with equipment that can be rented at nominal rates. A promenade is a great place for joggers and couples hoping for a romantic stroll along the beach. Best of all, the Dolphinarium in Dubai isn't too far away if you'd like to watch and interact with these beautiful ocean animals.
5. JBR BeachJBR (which stands for Jumeirah Beach Residence) Beach is one of the most luxurious beaches in Dubai. It has been awarded Blue Flag status for cleanliness. It has a private waterfront for guests at Jumeirah Hotels that are great spots for sunbathing while the public area has water sports like banana boating, parasailing, and even wakeboarding.
Entry Fee: AED 5
Timings: 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM
6. Ghantoot BeachGhantoot Beach is a private Dubai beach operated by Golden Tulip Hotel. It has lots of bars and bistros, making it a great party beach once the sun sets. Ghantoot Beach can be found along Sheikh Zayed Road leading towards Abu Dhabi.
Entry Fee: AED 30 - AED 100 for non-guests. Guests of the Golden Tulip Hotel have free access to the private beach.
7. El ChiringuitoAnother popular party beach, El Chiringuito is no stranger to the nightclub scene. The first branch was opened in Ibiza. El Chiringuito in Dubai hosts popular international DJ's and has tons of top-notch bars spread along its expanse. It is located on Palm Jumeirah.
Entry Fee: AED 100 (Wednesday & Thursday), AED 250 (Fridays)
Timings: Open only on Wednesdays to Fridays
8. Black Palace BeachLess popular than the more commercial beaches of Dubai, Black Palace Beach can be found at Al Sufouh Road. It is easy to miss as access is tricky, but once you do arrive, you'll find it a calm haven outside of the city bustle. The beach has gorgeous turquoise waters and pretty sand ridges. It is a popular family location for little kids to splash in the shallow waters, so dressing modestly is recommended here. Unfortunately, because of the beach's seclusion, there aren't many amenities available.
9. Al Mamzar Beach ParkLocated on Al Mamzar Al Khaleej Road, this public beach spans a whopping 106 hectares. It is understandable why its so large - the beach park includes a well-kept public lawn, a public pool, and even cycle paths for bike enthusiasts. This means that there's plenty of space to enjoy warm sands as well as cool grass in the same afternoon. For those who'd like to spend the night, Al Mamzar Beach has beautiful chalets overlooking the Arabian Gulf for rent.
10. Mercato BeachLocated near Mercato Mall, this beach is a great location for those who appreciate calm waters and cooling sands instead of just picturesque settings. This beach isn't known for its scenery, and as a result, it is one of the lesser crowded beaches in Dubai. But, it has access for wheelchairs and disabled persons as well as a jogging track and a public library run by Dubai Municipality. Visit this beach near Jumeirah 1 to enjoy a quiet day on a flat shore with the cool breeze.
So don't forget to pack your swimsuit for your next vacation to the UAE, because these Dubai beaches definitely shouldn't be missed! With cool turquoise waters against your skin, a calming ocean breeze, and friendly locals all around, a beach day at this beautiful location can never a bad idea.