Here are the 13 Best Places for Street Shopping in Pune:
1. Hong Kong Lane
This super-popular street on Deccan Road is the place for shopping in Pune. The accessories like bags, books and mobile stores are what dominates this lane. Shops here are overloaded with mobile phone cases and decked with sunglasses, caps and wallets. You will find caps of all shapes, sizes and designs with bags sold in abundance for men, women and kids. The amount of footwear available here is overwhelming. Jewellery addicts are sure to go gaga over the number of choices of earrings, rings and necklaces available here at slashed prices. Other get-at-able commodities at Hong Kong Lane are watches, leather belts and dials. This is an ideal place to put your bargaining skills to work.
Location: Hong Kong Lane, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune
Timings: 10:00 AM - 7:30 PM
2. Mahatma Phule Mandai
Location: Shukrawar Peth, Mandai, Pune
Timings: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM (Not fully operational on Sundays)
3. Fashion StreetOne of the most popular places for shopping in Pune, Fashion Street will give you a wardrobe makeover at the budget price. The clothing here is so cheap! Similar to the one in Mumbai, these crowded narrow lanes offer anything and everything under the fashion canopy. The vendors here provide reasonable prices before you could even start bargaining and you might find the same product at different vendors and prices. Bhavani Peth is an excellent place to find the clones of all your favourite brands. There are around 450 stalls to cater all accessories at budget-friendly, convenient and affordable rates making it a haven for shopping in Pune.
Location: Bhavani Peth, Shobhapur, Kasba Peth, Pune
Timings: 09:00 AM - 9:00 PM
4. Tulsi BaugTulsi Bag is in the heart of Pune and a haven for street shopping. Super famous for ready-made garments, you will find rows of shops available for your customised fittings here. This is one of the oldest markets for shopping in Pune equivalent to Delhi's Chandni Chowk. The shopping atmosphere starts at Alka Talkies square and ends near the cantonment area. Be it Jeans, blouses, shirts or accessories, all of these are accessible at great deals.
Location: 93, Laxmi Rd, Tulshibaug, Budhwar Peth
Timings: 09:00 AM - 11:00 PM
5. Bajirao RoadThis area accommodates all your home and furniture needs. Bajirao Road is apt for all home décor enthusiasts or if you're looking for a home-makeover on budget. This place strikes a close competition with high-end furniture brands. It is the perfect place for customised and self-designed furniture where commercial furniture sold at attractive prices. Shops here stretch over Puram Chowk and ends at Shaniwar Wada Palace.
Location: Bajirao Rd, Puram Chowk, Pune, Maharashtra
Timings: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
6. Juna BazarIf you have a hobby of collecting ancient, exclusive antiques, this place is for you. Also called Old Market and Chor Bazar, this is a flea market and a popular shopping spot in Pune. You will find hardware tools, delicate jewellery, clothes & cosmetics and junk accessories sold in tents lined on either side at unbelievable prices. The market is more oriented towards vintage artefacts, antique handicrafts, brass statues, paintings and so on. Some of the stuff you can find here are typewriters, coins, telescopes, vinyl records, music instruments, portraits and posters.
Location: Veer Santaji Ghorpade Road, Kasba Peth Pune
Timings: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM (Operational only on Wednesdays and Sundays.)
7. Fergusson College RoadF.C. Road is a college crowd hotspot and perhaps one of the most lively areas for shopping in Pune. The prices of clothing here are too good to be true. Earrings and bags here are to die for! Also, you can match your dresses with innumerable phone cases available here. Located in the heart of the city, this market has everything from trendy footwear to chic dresses which are sure to spoil you. You may bag in a good deal of discount if buy in bulk.
Location: Fergusson College Road, Shivajinagar, Pune
Timings: 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
8. Chhatrapati Sambhaji NagarPopularly known as Deccan Gymkhana, it is a small scale market known for its fruits and food. A lot of its shops are predominantly selling leather products. This one's a one-stop destination for shopping at Pune and is particularly famous for traditional sweets, flowers and gift items.
Location: Shivajinagar, Jangali Maharaj Rd, Pune
Timings: 9:30 AM - 7:00 PM
9. Clover CentreThis place at MG Road provides an exceptionally affordable shopping experience in Pune. You will be spoilt for choice at the number of variety available of jewellery and accessories. From embroidered juttis to denim backpacks, tailors, customised fitting you have it all here. Clove Centre is a hub of innumerable shops in one complex.
Location: Clover Center, Moledina Road, Camp, Pune
Timings: 9:30 AM - 9:00 PM
10. ABC, PuneAppa Balwant Chowk, conveniently called ABC, is for all book lovers. With wide price ranges, the stationary shops offer all you need to satisfy your stationery obsession. This place covers educational, fictional, non-fictional and all other categories of books. Shops here sell new, old and reused books and this place is everything a book lover needs. Apart from being a book worm's nest, this place sells shoes, school bags, travel bags, mats and much more.
Location: Near Laxmi Road, Budhwar Peth, Pune
Timings: 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM
11. Laxmi RoadLocated in the older part of the city, Laxmi Road is almost like its very heart. One of the oldest and most well-known markets in Pune, it is famous for its traditional wares such as Paithani Sarees, silk sarees, designer sarees etc. However, this shopping paradise has something for everyone. On one hand, you can find gorgeous earrings for as low as 30 bucks on the other sparkling diamonds and gold jewellery vie for your attention. From footwear to make-up and even beauty essentials; you can find almost everything you need here. Don't forget to munch on some delicious roadside snacks too!
Note: Some of the shops may remain closed between 1:00 AM to 4:00 PM, plan accordingly.
Location: Laxmi Road, Pune
Timings: 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM (Except Mondays)
12. M.G. RoadMahatma Gandhi Road or M.G. Road, as it is better known locally, is one of the principal shopping places in Pune. It is a truly diverse and vibrant market that has some of the best malls on one hand and fast, smart street fashion in the other. You are likely to shop to your heart's delight here! Do not forget to pick up some pretty earrings, quirky shoes or eclectic scarves while you are here. Stock up on bags of chips from the famous Budhani wafers and cakes from Kayani Bakery. Also, set some time aside to eat at one of the charming local eateries such as Marz-o-rin, Pasteur, George's restaurant.
Location: M.G. Road, Pune
Timings: 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM
13. Koregaon ParkOne of the most happening and cosmopolitan areas of the city, Koregaon Park or KP as it is more fondly known as is a pure delight to shop at. If it is a contemporary and off-the-runway fashion you are looking for, then you have come to the right place. It has some stores selling the cutest dresses, accessories, footwear, bags and many more goodies that will make you stand apart in a crowd. Moreover, it is also the definitive place to enjoy some world cuisine at some eateries lining the lanes as well to enjoy the nightlife at one of the many watering holes and lounges.
Location: Koregaon Park, Ghorpadi, PuneIf street shopping doesn't excite you, worry not. Pune has some of the best and award-winning malls too. (Yeah, there are awards for malls too) You could head to Phoenix Market City or E-Square Mall. Amanora Mall, SGS Mall and Inorbit Mall are also a few of the most crowd-pulling malls. Dorabjee's Royale Heritage and Season's mall are some worth considering for those who do not want to burn a hole in their pockets. Other Malls in Pune are Pune Central Mall, Nucleus Mall and City one Mall.
Timings: 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Read more about Malls in Pune
Be it cheap and affordable street shopping or purchasing from lush, high-end brands, Pune has substance for every shopaholic. Also, finally settling for your bargained price is a feeling in itself. Street shopping is indeed fun!