Here's a round-up of the 25 most romantic places in Pune and around the city:
1. LonavalaLonavala is the queen of romanticism and is the ideal romantic place for couples in Pune. The untouched serenity of this land leaves you so mesmerised that you can only wonder at the marvels of nature. Spend some quality time under the moving clouds to celebrate a newfound passion with your loved one. Let your soul lose itself amidst the mysterious beauty this place radiates and feel a reconnection between the soul and the mind. Let nature imbibe itself into you and create some unforgettable and unparalleled memories in this romantic place near Pune.
Timings: Visit this place anytime as the beautiful atmosphere coloured by light is perfect throughout the day
Things to do: When you reach this place, at first all you can do is get enchanted! Plan a picnic, have long talks under the sunlit sky, go on a bike ride and let the light drizzles take you to a whole new world painted solely by the colours of love.
2. Mulshi DamThis place offers you the untouched beauty of nature, the clear skies, the pleasant atmosphere, and the vast stretches of blues that slowly merge into the greens which blend to form one of the most romantic places around Pune. Mushi Lake, enveloped by greenery, beautifully showcases one of the best forms of nature. Such calm and soothing atmosphere can serve as the ideal romantic spot. Arrange a picnic, boat rides and some quality talks with your loved one to herald a new level of romance into your life.
Timings: 9 A.M. to 6 P.M. The backdrop looks beautiful at any time of the day.
Things to do: Setup a picnic with your loved one right in the heart of the deepening meadows. The lake, when calm, also offers a boat ride that could help build lasting memories.
3. Pawna Lake- A Romantic Getaway This picturesque artificial lake is not just a lake; it's an ocean! The vast stretches of blues extend out of your eye's vicinity and gently vanish into the horizon. Pawna lake came into existence due to the construction of the Pawna Dam. However, today it is one of the most romantic places out there. The beautiful greenery that falls into the arms of the lake could help you and your loved one push some stress off your shoulders and spend some meaningful time together to create beautiful memories.
Timings: Open 24*7, the best time to visit this lake would be during the sunset and sunrise while you slowly watch the sun drown into or rise out of the vast blues.
Things to do: You could set up a tent near the shorelines of the lake and gaze at the beautifully lit night sky with your loved one.
4. Copa Cabana- Romantic Place in PuneFrom enjoying candlelight dinner at the cabana or relishing a three-course meal at the inner dining area, you can plan a customised date with your loved one at this romantic dinner in Pune. Try their continental delicacies and explore each other's tastes as you spend some much-needed quality time together. The ambience is ideal for some leisure time of your busy routine.
Timings: Remains open in two slots. One is from 11:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. and another being 7:00 P.M. to 11:30 P.M.
Things to do: Visit this place with your lover for a lunch or a dinner date. Don't forget to try their Chicken Dum Biryani, Tiramisu, Drunken Chicken, Chicken Satay and their extraordinarily tasty seafood.
5. Osho Garden- Romance amidst the greensThe best way to rekindle love between you and your partner is by stepping into the lap of nature at the Osho Garden. This gorgeous piece of nature's art offers the most unadulterated form of tranquillity that could help you rediscover the lost magic. The calm environment packed amidst the greens allows you to spend some quality time with your partner while creating memories that last a lifetime.
Timings: From 6 A.M. to 12 A.M. However, the best time to visit this place is during sunrise and sunset.
Things to do: Walk around the picturesque greenery here to feel the connection between your soul and your body. Walk hand in hand with your lover as you explore the peaceful and calm environment of this garden that radiates life right into you.
6. PanchganiDeriving its name from the five hills surrounding it, Panchgani is a popular hill station near Mahabaleshwar, famous for its various sunset/sunrise points and picturesque valleys. There's a high chance of staying back for the tasty Strawberries. Panchgani with its scenic beauty, is undoubtedly one of the most romantic places near Pune.India since 1880. The arena showcases beautiful patches of farms, lush forests, ponds and very rare flora and fauna that you could explore with your loved one.
Timings: 9 A.M. to 6 P.M. To explore the best of the wildlife here you should try visiting the Empress Gardens during the early mornings or the late evenings.
Things to do: Explore the 39 acres land, hand in hand with your loved one as you find rare species of flora and fauna colouring the property beautifully. The place provides excellent privacy as tall trees and lush greenery cover it. You could also learn a few ways of growing plants and use them to raise plants back at home with your loved one.
8. Bund GardenDo you wish to lie in the very lap of nature and lose yourself in the warming presence of your loved one? If yes, then Bund Garden is meant for you too! Bund Garden has pleasant greenery that covers the entire park, alongside a line-up of fountains and cafeterias. During the winter, you and your loved one can also enjoy the sight of the migratory birds flocking in the park. Enjoy an adventurous horse ride or spend a lazy day, either way, this place could help you create some beautiful memories with your lover. It is the calmness radiated by Bund Garden that makes it one of the most romantic places in Pune.
Timings: Open from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. Best time to visit Bund Garden is during the sunset.
Things to do: Visit Bund Garden during the winters to let your eyes capture the beauty of migratory birds flocking together. You could also try riding a horse with your lover to witness a new experience that could help you bond better.
Japan that won't leave you feeling any less than enchanted. The greens here which are further beautified by serene waterfalls herald some surreal beauty. Create some memorable moments with your lover as you step into this Japanese-themed park and explore their fantabulous gardens, Japanese figurines, intricate artworks, fabled straw-bridges and a lot more.
Timings: The garden has two slots-6:00 A.M. to 10:30 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. Both the time slots are great for witness nature at its best.
Things to do: Share some excellent quality time together as this park offers you privacy blended with multiple shades of greenery to help you and your lover recreate the lost passion. You could play some games or even read each other some paperback master-crafts to make your visit worth it.
10. Parvati HillSituated 2100 feet above the sea-level, the pure atmosphere at this place can genuinely help you bond with your lover. Climb the array of 108 steps at this hillock to reach the picturesque top. The memorable journey you will have when you visit Parvati Hill is what makes this place one of the most romantic places you should visit. You could take some refreshing breaks, have some nostalgic talks and create a few enduring memories that will be worth remembering for the rest of your life as you reach the top of the hill.
Timings: 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. The best time to visit this place is during sunrise or sunset.
Things to do: You should visit the temple here as it holds a historical significance. An adventurous trek awaits you at this place, which could also be followed by a quick photography session.
11. Ghoradeshwar Hills- Romantic Place to visit in PuneGhoradeshwar Hill is one of the most romantic places to visit with your beau. The 30-minute long trek could be filled with laughter, tiring moments, lovey-dovey talks, future-planning and so much more. Ghoradeshwar hill could be your perfect dreamy getaway you were always looking forward to since the area is wholly disconnected from the city's hustle and bustle. The lush in the hill that mixes with the spirituality in the air makes Ghoradeshwar Hill one of the most romantic places around.
Timings: The ideal time to visit this hill would be early in the morning or late in the evening. Watching the sunset and sunrise from the top of the peak might end up being the best experience you ever had in your lifetime.
Things to do: Adding a trek to your schedule while you are at Ghoradeshwar Hill can make this place visit-worthy. You will also get to visit a beautiful temple at the top of the hill that will radiate spirituality into you and your lover at the peak of your journey.
12. MG Road/Main StreetIt is the completeness of MG Road that makes it one of the most romantic places to visit. From enjoying a candlelit dinner to dancing at a party, MG Road has you covered. The road could help you spend some quality time together as you and your lover explore the beautiful offerings of this place alongside studying your tastes together.
Timings: Visit anytime as this place can keep you and your lover eternally entertained.
Things to do: Visit the malls and go shopping together, try a few exotic restaurants around to treat the foodie within you or go to some gaming corners to experience the pure fun. In a nutshell, plan up a date with your lover since MG Road will offer you anything and everything.
13. Panshet Dam It is time to wake the adventurous side of you and plan a visit to the Panshet Dam which qualifies to be one of the most romantic places out there. Hit the reservoir to experience one of the most splendid dates you've ever had. The best part of going to this place is the journey from Pune to the dam itself. You pass through such beautiful villages and such enchanting greenery that the drive might end up soothing your very soul. You and your lover could have a great time together with the sound of the gushing water soothing your mind.
Timings: The place is open 24*7. However, the best time to visit is during the sunset and the sunrise.
Things to do: When you visit the dam, make sure you also visit its catchment area as the scenery there is a treat for the eyes. You could also spend a few hours alongside your lover at this place.
14. Paasha, JW MarriottThe infrastructure, the ambience, the drool-worthy delicacies and the very ambience make Paasha one of the most romantic places in town. The rooftop features a bar that overlooks the entire city, offering a breathtaking view. Rest on the lazy chairs with your lover and spend a luxurious evening together.
Timings: Open from 6:00 P.M. to 12:30 A.M
Things to do: Try the exotic continental varieties this place offers especially the Dum Aloo, Chicken Peshwari, Lamb Chops and Kakori Kebab.
15. Atmosphere 6Atmosphere 6 is one of the most romantic places in town. The rooftop bar and restaurant allow you to watch the gleaming city lights. The tipsy lighting of the area itself creates a hot mood for the perfect date. Try their delicacies with some alcohol to complete the date, while you watch the underlying city alongside your loved one.
Timings: 12:00 P.M. to 12:00 A.M. The most recommended time to visit is at night, thanks to its beautiful lightings and location.
Things to do: Try the Pinacolada, Tai Chi Chicken, and the Hara Bara Kebab offered at this place.
16. Evviva Sky Lounge Enticing lighting, an outdoor location overlooking the city, a splendid ambience and a diversified food menu makes Evviva Sky Lounge one of the most romantic places you should visit with your lover. Situated at the crown of the Crowne Plaza, Evviva Sky Lounge not only offers a perfect date night atmosphere but also provides various other sidekicks such as soft music and DJ eves.
Timings: 4:00 P.M. to 1:00 A.M. Evviva Sky Lounge could be your perfect date night dinner spot.
Things to do: While you enjoy your dinner with your lover, don't forget to try the Chocolate Phirni, Dahi Ke Kebab, Lamb Stew, and Murgh Kalmi Keba.
17. LavasaAn English-styled human-made hill station, there's no wonder Lavasa is one of the most romantic places you will ever see. The entire hill station is coloured with beautiful restaurants, amazing lightings, high fountains, scenic hills and enchanting bridges overlying the lakefront, all of which make this a mysterious place worthy of exploring hand in hand with your lover. Wondering if this English-town will create a dent in your pocket? Fear not, as this place also features pocket-friendly offerings so that you and your lover can enjoy guiltlessly.
Timings: Best time to visit is during the evening or nightfall. However, the place is also perfect for a day-long visit with your lover.
Things to do: Stall around the shorelines as you watch the Sun pop or drown in the mystic blues. Visit some English-styled restaurants and bistros to treat the butterflies in your stomach. Spend some beautiful and memorable date nights with your loved one in this human-made hill station.
18. World Of VegThe stylish furniture, the enchanting green props, and a vegetarian twist altogether make the World of Veg one of the most romantic places in and around Pune. The rooftop set-up mixed with a heart-warming green alongside the mood-lifting ambience and lighting makes World Of Veg a perfect romantic setup for you and your lover. Try their excellent veg delicacies to awaken both the vegetarian and the lover within you!
Timings: 12:15 P.M. to 11:15 P.M. The place is perfect to bring your lover for a date night.
Things to do: A place perfect to revive your vegetarian soul. Do try their Spicy Guava Mocktail, Paan Shot, Paan Kulfi, Paneer Satay and Paneer Peshawari Tikka.
19. CocoparraCocoparra was designed especially for couples. The place has an enchantingly comfortable vibe, heightened by light music and karaoke in the background. However, the most significant highlight is their super-romantic candle-light dinner set up in a gorgeous backdrop. Their food offerings could blend right into your soul. So, if you are the foodie duo, then this place is the ideal romantic spot for you.
Timings: 7:30 P.M. to 12 A.M. Visit the hotel anytime to witness the best romantic dining experience!
Things to do: Whenever you visit this place, don't miss out on their Gulab Jamun, Butter Garlic Prawn or their best finisher: the chocolate mousse. Also, try visiting Cocoparra on Sundays as the buffet food offered on this day will seriously leave you satiated.
20. Trikaya, BavdhanThe ambience that Trikaya radiates is itself an inspiration for the lovers. With the little glow of shimmering light falling over the place, Trikaya is a perfect den for the couples. Blended with this beautiful ambience is their extraordinary food that can enchant any foodie's heart. Bring your lover here and watch the place weave its magic while you enjoy some stress-free moments!
Timings: 12:00 P.M. to 12:30 A.M. Being a restaurant, this place is thrilling to visit at any time of the day!
Things to do: For a truly gourmet experience, try the Pork Ribs, Drunken Pork, BBQ Paneer, Chicken Satay and Dim Sum offer at this place. However, it is also an excellent choice to taste new delicacies with your loved one to grow a stronger bond and develop some new tastes at the same time!
21. ExoticaExotica could be an excellent refreshment for you and your loved one as the lovely ambience, the rave-worthy DJ and their extravagant delicacies combine to make it one of the most romantic places in Pune. The environment radiates such romantic vibes that you might start feeling the romance flying in mid-air right after you enter this diner. Try some exotic continental starters Exotica offers and satiate your foodaholic souls.
Timings: Exotica offers services from 12:30 P.M. to 3:30 P.M. and 7:00 P.M. to 11:30 P.M.
Things to do: Try the scrumptious main course platters such as Chicken Lababdar and Shahi Paneer and let the Jalebi and Strawberry Mousse serve as the perfect end to an amazing dinner with your significant other.
22. Addah, The O HotelA place that offers luxury dining at its best, Addah is indeed one of the most romantic places to take your lover out on a date. The beautiful rooftop at Addah offers a mesmerising view of the city, especially during the sunset. The serene experience, slow and light music, soothing atmosphere, great ambience, and outstanding delicacies delivered by friendly staff make this a go-to place if you want to indulge in a heartfelt romance with your loved one.
Timings: Open from 7:00 P.M. up till midnight.
Things to do: Don't forget to try the mocktails served here, alongside Seekh Kebab, Chicken Biryani, and Dal Makhani. Sunday brunches are also a great experience here.
23. Shisha Jazz CafÃ©The Continental Jazz combined with the classic Afro-Latin music makes Shisha Jazz CafÃ© one of the most romantic places out there. The ambience coloured by the lights at Shisha creates an atmosphere worth being in with your loved one. All of the perks combined with a heart-warming dinner based on the Iranian and Continental style cooking make this place a must-visit romantic spot in the city.
Timings: Open from 10 A.M. to 12 A.M. Enjoy a romantic date night with your lover here.
Things to do: Don't forget to try their Chicken or Veg Lasagna, Sangria, Mutton Roganjosh, Baklava, and Spaghetti, all of which are indefinably good.
24. Hot Air Ballooning in LonavalaCatch picturesque aerial views of the Sahyadri valley and the lush greenery of Lonavala from 4000 feet in high in the sky. This hour-long hot air balloon ride is sure to leave you and your loved ones enthralled. And of course, the memories you make here will be cherished forever.
October to Jan: 6:00 am
February to April: 6:15 am
1 Person- INR 11,000
2 Persons or more (capacity is 8 passengers + 1 pilot)- INR 10,200 per person
Children (5 to 10 years)- INR 6800
- Weekends and Holidays
1 Person- INR 12,600
2 Persons or more (capacity is 8 passengers + 1 pilot)- INR 11,800
Children (5 to 10 years)- INR 7300
25. Della Resort Looking for a luxurious, romantic getaway from Pune? Della Resort is the place to be. Their fine-dining restaurants, spas, fitness centres, lounges and the swimming pool are open for 24 hours. The beautiful property also offers adventure sports like bungee jumping, sky cycling, rappelling and many more. The best part is that this resort is pet-friendly. If you are looking for marriage anniversary celebration ideas in Pune, this resort is a place to be.
With so many options to choose from, you've got a whole lot of date ideas to plan with your significant other. Feel that first rush of love and reignite your passion at one of the most romantic places in and around Pune. Meanwhile, don't forget to share your experience with us in the comments section below.