Not just this, the current situation also calls for alternate methods of commuting to conserve the environment and prevent any more environmental damage. And bicycles are considered the most healthy alternative to the regular bikes that run on fuel.
Here's a comprehensive list of a bicycle rentals in Pune:
1. Pedal SaddleThis service was started by a bunch of enthusiastic cyclists in Pune. Presently, the Pedal Saddle pick-up points are Hinjewadi, Wakad, Yerwada, Vishrantwadi and Kothrud. They provide MTB/Hybrid/Racing Road Bikes which are premium level gear cycles. They even have an inventory of cyclists in each area and also guide you in figuring out the perfect route to enjoy your time!
Cost: Here, you have a choice of opting for a plan based on your requirement - daily plan costs INR 99 (for a basic non-gear model) & price range of INR 199-299 (for a geared one depending on the model). Weekly rent ranges from INR 699-1499 and monthly rental from INR 1499-2999.
Procedure: You need to pay a deposit of INR 1000 per cycle and provide your ID proof to rent a cycle!
Contact details: http://pedalsaddle.in/
2. RentoneRentone is an online service for bicycle rent in Pune available across the city. The bikes available for rent are listed on the website along with the areas where they can be collected from.
Cost: You can select a package - daily, weekly or monthly depending on your bike type. For one day rental, one can keep the cycle for 24 hours. Any damage whatsoever found during the return will be deducted from the security deposit. The charges start from INR 299.
Procedure: Depending on the cycle type, the deposit is charged, but it is usually in the range of INR 1000-2000, and an original ID proof needs to be submitted. The rent is inclusive of a helmet.
Contact details: https://www.rentone.in/Pune/Cycle-on-rent
3. Cymour Cycling CompanyJust like the name 'Cymour', this particular rent a bicycle in Pune services operates only in premium townships like Hinjewadi, and they are soon opening up in Magarpatta City, Nanded City and Blueridge. The Cymour Cycling Company offers a range of only premium bikes boasting of features like 21 gears speed, disk brakes, front shock absorbers, broader and broader tyres for better comfort and grip.
Cost: They have an exciting subscription model: - A monthly plan of 180 minutes a day for INR 500 (Up to INR 100 extra for every additional daytime ride) which can be modified/renewed based on your requirement. There is also a 'pay as you ride' scheme wherein you buy the minutes as you ride and the base charge is INR 250.
Procedure: The process for booking a cycle here is also the same. The company requires you to pay a small amount as a security deposit depending on the cycle type. And you will also need to show your ID proof to book a cycle.
Contact details: http://www.cymour.com/
4. ShiftGearOwned by an experienced cycling lover, ShiftGear is a concept with a vision to make commuting in Pune safer and greener for students, workers and adventure enthusiasts. They rent out over 30 bikes weekly for both adults and kids. Their most popular vehicles are 21 gear MTBs with robust mileage and rough terrain compatibility, while the 7 gear Hybrids are better suited for daily use and casual occasions. You would love their weekend rentals with 20% discounts on all bicycles.
Cost: Single day rent ranges between INR 300 and INR 500. If you rent a bike for a week, prices range from INR 1,500 to INR 2,000. Monthly rentals will cost you INR 2,500 - INR 4,000, requiring an advance deposit of INR 1,000.
Procedure: Bookings are available on their online portal and store at Kothrud. A valid ID is required for successful transactions. Your bicycle will be delivered to your doorstep or you can collect it after renting in-store. Payment can be made on the portal, at the store or with cash when the vehicle is delivered to your doorstep.
Contact details: Email at [email protected] or [email protected]
5. SanrocyclesFeaturing doorstep drop and pickup services, Sanrocycles serves Baner, Sangvi, Kothrud and Aundh among several other areas of Pune. Operating with an inventory of premium Montra, BSA, Firefox, Hero, Hercules and Kross bikes, they offer an array of geared and non-geared vehicles. This includes safe and stylish bikes for kids as well. For events and rallies, Mountain, Hybrid bicycles and tempo backup are also available.
Cost: Sanrocycles rents out bicycles in Pune on a monthly and 3-months basis. You can rent any bicycle at just INR 39 per 24 hours. Monthly rates range between INR 1,200 and INR 1,400. For 3 months, the rates are between INR 3,000 and INR 3,500.
Procedure: Book your bicycle online on their portal and you will be contacted by them for sharing details of your ID and pickup address. Payment methods include secured prepayment on their portal and cash on delivery when you receive the bike on your doorstep.
Contact details: sanrocycles.com
6. Surender Cycle StoreThis bicycle rent in Pune service is located in the heart of the city and is one of the oldest establishments for cycles and allied services. Their head office is located in the Karve Nagar area. They rent out a wide variety of bicycles like MTB's and Hybrids and have recently started renting road bikes as well. All of their cycles are imported.
Cost: They also arrange cycling rides over the weekends in a group of 20-25 people to the picturesque outskirts of the city. You can rent a cycle at INR 350 a day. For all you cycling fanatics out there! This is the place to be.
Contact details: http://www.surendarcyclestores.com/
7. Yulu BikesThe Bangalore-based start-up has designed a system to rent e-bikes to cater to first and last-mile connectivity for commuters. This service is available in Pune as well.
One can rent a bike through the Yulu app.
Things to Remember while Renting a Bicycle in Pune:Before you happily get moving on your cycles, don't forget the essentials
- Ride safe
- Always wear a helmet
- Keep a water bottle handy
- In case of night riding, make sure that you have a light affixed to your bicycle
- Lastly, follow all the traffic rules and be safe!