Here is a list of places to enjoy Nightlife in Chennai:
1. 10 Downing Street
Price Range: INR 1000 onwards for two
Timings: 7 PM to 12 AM (Monday to Sunday)
2. Pasha-The Park
Located in Nungambakkam, this nightclub is one of the best in the area and is among the best places for nightlife in Chennai. This lounge is one of the oldest and the best lounges in the city. It is a really great place for late-night party goers. Having a vibrant atmosphere and interesting combinations of drinks, this place is sure to have its respective pros and cons, the con being that the place is quite expensive. But the amazing ambience makes it just worth it.
Price Range: INR 3500 onwards for two
Timings: 8 PM to 2 AM
3. Gatsby 2000
One of the busiest places of Chennai, Gatsby 2000 never fails to amaze its customers with something new every time and ensure their presence every day of the week. This place is the ITC's Irish themed property and perfectly lives up to the best of its name. The place has a good ambience, amazing dÃ©cor and great music. This place is the best of Chennai nightlife. There are two residents present in the nightclub, namely DJ Rudy and Prasanth Amir who ensure that you don't stop grooving to different types of Trap and Bollywood music that is produced by them. They have amazing concoctions available such as Long Island Iced Tea and Desi vodka Martini.
Price Range: INR 2000 for singles to INR 4500 for couples.
Timings: 8 PM to 3 AM
4. The Flying ElephantThe Flying Elephant is located in the upscale area of Park Hyatt in Velachery and this amazing nightclub has a lot of loyal customers. The club is simply amazing and if you are visiting this place for the first time to check out their den and the living area and also the terrace area. The club is so famous that both homegrown and foreign DJ's come to perform here on a daily basis. This club has an awesome taste in music with a pinch of nostalgia with playing songs from Classic Pop to Retro Rock to name a few. They have their in house specials like Happily Ever After and Fallen Angel which you must not forget to try.
Price Range: INR 1000 to INR 2000 for couples
Timings: 7 PM to 1 AM and till 3 AM on weekends
5. The Leather Bar - The ParkOne of the exclusive night clubs of the city, the club attracts a large number of people who are looking for a classy place to enjoy. Although the place is a little overpriced with the amazing ambience, a superb collection of cocktails and great foot-tapping music this place is just worth every penny spent. The interiors are also tastefully decorated with the black leather floors contrasting just as well with the suede walls. There are a lot of famous DJ's who come in for special occasions and make sure that your time is well spent in the pub. Their in-house speciality includes Cilantro Margarita and Melon Bellini.
Price range: INR 2500 for couples only
Timings: 11 AM to 4 AM
6. BlendOne of the coolest places in the city to have a good time in, the pub is immensely popular and attract a lot of fun-loving people and embodies nightlife in Chennai. The entire club has got an international vibe about it and is very well maintained plus the music is pretty awesome too, all making it one of the more sophisticated venues to enjoy the nightlife in Chennai. Their in-house speciality includes Classic Beer Margarita and Metropolitan.
Price range: INR 1500- 2000 cover
Timings: 5:30 PM to 11 PM
7. Bay 146 - The Savera HotelA stylish addition to Chennai's nightlife, Bay 146 is a complete package of groovy music and tasty food. With an elegant lounge inside and a huge dance floor to get your feet tapping, the pub also has outdoor seating with pool-view. The ambience is perfect for both group gatherings as well as romantic candlelight dinners. They have many running offers like happy hours, 1+1 on Wednesdays and unlimited Tuesdays. Even though it is a pub, they don't forget to focus on food. They have a good menu for starters to couple with your drinks. Masala peanuts, spicy wedges, Syrian beef fry, pork ribs, crispy squid rings and paneer tikka are a must-try. For the veggies too, they have some unique items on the menu - water chestnut cruet, khasta potato, lotus stem sambal etc. If you are tired after the monotonous week's work, Bay 146 is one perfect place to enjoy your weekend. They have bands every Friday, DJs every Saturday and stand up comedy every Sunday.
Location: The Savera Hotel, 146, RK Salai, Mylapore
Cost for two: INR 1300 (without alcohol)
Open till: 12 AM
8. The Moon And SixpenceThe Moon and Sixpence is an aesthetic place that offers fine dining and bar. Their extensive bar and the food menu has something for everyone. The interiors of this place are super appealing as it has UK inspired decor and is quite colourful as well. Along with comfy seating and a cosy ambience, you can also expect good music from live bands in there. It is usually not super crowded, so you can spend quality time with your friends or family. The place also has a pool table. It's a perfect place to enjoy good food and music in an Irish vibe.
Price Range: INR 2500 for two.
Timings: 3 p.m to 12 a.m.
9. Chipstead - Taj CoromandelIf you are a fan of luxurious settings, then Chipstead by Taj is the right place for you. It is a swanky place with fancy, elegant decor and plush interiors. The plush velvety sofas, DJ music and lounge-like ambience set the vibe at this place. It has one of the best bars in Chennai, as the liquor collection at Chipstead is quite special. Having fresh fruits, veggies and herbs in their drinks & concoctions, they are truly unique. The place is open till 3 a.m and offers quick service. The name Chipstead comes from the bungalow named alike that stood at the same place where the Taj is built today.
Price Range: INR 2500 for two.
Timing: 4 p.m to 1 a.m.
10. Copper Kitchen
Price Range: INR 1000 for two.
Timing: 11:30 a.m to 11:30 p.m
11. Dindigul ThalappakattiDindigul Thalappakatti is an absolutely iconic place that stands tall since 1957. Along with India, it has branches in the US, France, Malaysia, Dubai, Sri Lanka and more. It offers some finger-licking non-veg food that is not even excessively pricey. It is immensely well known for its authentic Non-Veg Biryanis served with salan and raita; chicken, rasam etc. There are many other dishes that are sure to please most non-veg lovers. There are many branches in Chennai located at places like Anna Nagar, T. Nagar, Velachery, Nungambakkam and more.
Price Range: INR 900 for two.
Timings: 11 a.m to 12 a.m.
12. Bazaar - All Day Diner Grand by GRT HotelsBazaar at the Grand by GRT is an elite place offering fine dining with multiple cuisines such as North Indian, South Indian, Asian, Continental, Chinese and more. It is located at the perfect place, right near a famous temple and various shopping places. The decor of this place is quite attractive, and so is their crockery. Comfortable seating, mild music and a cosy ambience is what you can expect from Bazaar. The hospitality at this place deserves a special mention, as it is way above average. There are meals and live counters as well. The place has an expansive menu of non-veg food & delicious desserts.
Price Range: INR 2500 for two.
Timing: 24 hours.
13. ShaackShaack is one of the finest night restaurants in Chennai. You can count on this place to satisfy your midnight food cravings as it is open till 4 a.m. The ambience is quite nice and the cuisines offered in here are Continental, Asian, South Indian etc. The beef dishes and tender coconut souffle are super popular for their amazing taste. The prices are reasonable and the menu has a whole lot of fast food to please everyone.
Price range: INR 900 for two.
Timings: 12 p.m to 4 a.m.
14. Blend - Taj Club HouseBlend, in Taj Club House, is a modern and luxurious multi-cuisine bar. The intelligent lighting in this place shines all the way through the glass floors, walls, counters and ceilings. Its contemporary and stylish decor is a major attraction among the diners. There is live music and dance, and it is all the more happening during weekends. The martinis at Blend deserve a special mention, along with the expansive list of appetizers on the menu. Many times, Tollywood celebrities are also spotted at this place.
Price Range: INR 5000 for two.
Timing: 3 p.m to 12 a.m (3 p.m to 3 a.m on weekends).
15. Q Bar - Hilton ChennaiQ Bar is a rooftop bar in the Hilton Hotel. Being on the 10th floor, it is known for its scenic view and exclusive ambience. Their menu is quite extensive, with something in store for everyone's taste buds. There are various tandoori starters in its barbecue section, a lot of local South Indian delicacies, and gluten-free snacks as well. Q Bar is quite a happening place, that looks even more appealing during the festive season. The illuminated decor enhances the vibe of the place.
Price Range: INR 2000 for two.
Timings: 7 p.m to 12 a.m.
There are also a few take away food places where you can place an order till almost morning if you want something to eat too - after a night out of partying. Some of them are:
This place serves amazing South Indian dishes and is open till 2 AM at night. It is a great option for vegetarian food.
17. Delhi Highway
This place brews up some nice and spicy North Indian food and is open till 3 AM, offering a different side to Chennai nightlife.
18. Dawn and DuskAs the name suggests, this place serves food throughout the day and most parts of the night, providing the perfect end after indulging in the nightlife in Chennai.
This place has some awesome Biryani and Kebabs being served up its front and takes orders till 5 AM in the morning.
20. Night EatNight Eat is located in Veerapandi Nagar, Choolaimedu. As the name suggests, this food place is the one-stop for all your late-night cravings. It opens in the evening and is up till early morning. They provide home delivery as well. It offers an array of fast food items such as sandwiches, rolls, panini etc. and also tandoori (barbecued) food items. There are both, veg and non-veg options in starters, curries, rice and noodles. There are desserts like ice creams, puddings, milkshakes and more. All in all, it's like a fun hangout spot for friends or a casual family outing.
Price Range: INR 650 for two.We hope that this information will be quite useful in finding your perfect place to enjoy the nightlife in Chennai. Also, some of these places admit only couples which are mentioned in the price range section. To be at these places you will need to dress appropriately too since these are some foreign-based themes and hence western wear is preferred at these places. Just be cool and enjoy your time while being there.
Timing: 7 p.m to 4 a.m.