The Arignar Anna Zoological Park is divided into a different number of sections where you can inspect and learn more about the animals here in an easier way. They are as follows:-
1. Sanctuary aviaries: There are two aviaries in the Arignar Anna Zoo which are built along the lines of bird sanctuaries in Tamil Nadu. The first one is the Point Calimere Aviary which represents a sanctuary on a bay on the Coromandel Coast while the other is Vedanthangal Sanctuary Aviary represents a sanctuary located in the district of Kanchipuram. Migratory birds such as flamingos, seagulls, teals, storks and herons can be spotted at Point Calimere all year round while Vedanthangal hosts white ibis, painted stork, night heron and grey heron.
2. Walk-through aviary: The Walk-Through Avery is also built to facilitate the free flight of about 245 species of birds found in the Arignar Anna Zoo. Birds like Alexandrine parakeet, rose-ringed parakeet, blue rock pigeon, common myna, Indian koel, common babbler, White-browed Bulbul, francolin, red-vented bulbul, red-whiskered bulbul, wagtail, pipit, orange-headed thrush, Red-wattled Lapwing, little brown dove and spotted dove can be found frolicking here.
3. Butterfly House: One of the most endearingly colourful sections of the zoo, the Butterfly house attracts butterflies such as the common Mormon, crimson rose, mottled emigrant, blue tiger, evening brown and lime butterfly. It has been built to simulate the butterflies' natural habitat and is ornamented with bushes, lianas, streams, waterfall and rock-gardens.
4. Reptile House: Also known as the Serpentarium, this enclosure has 4 species of poisonous and 10 species of non-poisonous snakes. It contains a total of 104 snakes, including 41 Indian pythons, 21 Burmese pythons and four cobras.
5. Amphibian House: Interestingly, Arignar Anna Zoo is the only zoo to have a special enclosure dedicated to amphibians. Animals such as Indian tree frog, common Indian toad, Indian bullfrog, Indian cricket frog and Indian pond frog are exhibited at the Amphibian Centre.
6. Crocodile Enclosure: Crocodiles such as the gharial, marsh crocodile, saltwater crocodile and the American spectacled caiman are exhibited at the Crocodile Enclosure in Arignar Anna Zoo. The park has an impressive collection of six major varieties, namely, Indo-Pacific or the saltwater crocodile, swamp crocodile, Nile crocodile of Africa, Orinoco crocodile, Morelet's crocodile and American crocodile.
7. Primate House: Primate House is an all exclusive section dedicated to animals such as lion-tailed macaque, Nilgiri langur, capped langur and chimpanzee.
8. World of nocturnal animals: Six species of nocturnal animals are found here. One peculiarity of the animals here is that their biological cycles have been modified in such a manner that they are active during the daytime and sleep during the nighttime.
The zoo also has an aquarium, a small mammals house and other sections including the prey-predator concept enclosures and prehistoric animals and insectarium complex.