Here are 12 Best Farms and Ranches to go Horse Riding in Houston!
12 Best Farms and Ranches for Horse Riding in Houston
1. Centerline Training, incCenterline Training, inc is conveniently located between Houston Medical Center, and Sugarland, a short drive from the city centre. It is owned by Karen Brown who is a professional horse rider and trainer. This place offers lessons for everyone from kids, beginners to dressage riders. The training centre has been around since 1980 and provides full-board facilities.
The training academy is popular for horse riding in Houston is at Aldine Westfield Stables and has both private equestrian lessons as well as regular training. If you already have some horse riding experience under your belt, this place is perfect for you as it focuses on dressage skills for intermediate learners!
Address: Aldine Westfield Stables at 19907 Aldine Westfield Road Houston, TX, US 77338
Hours: Mon-Sun: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Price: 45 minute private lesson USD 60; 30 minute Private lesson USD 40
2. Magic Moments StableA family owned business, Magic Moments Stable is a popular choice for Horse riding in Houston. With three decades of experience, the stable has Arabian and half-Arabian horses and various styles of horse riding from Western to Equitation. For regular lessons, you will be taught grooming, mounting, and how to tack up the horse and primarily in English style before progressing to Western.
The Mommy and Me package is also available for parents with kids between the ages of 3-5. Apart from these standard packages, Magic Moments Stable offers classes for birthdays, summer camps, leisure riding and have horses for display and for sale.
Address: 1726 Upland Dr, Houston, TX 77043, United States
Monday to Friday: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM;
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Sunday 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Price: USD 260 for four classes.
3. Sam Houston Equestrian CenterJust fifteen minutes south of downtown Houston, Sam Houston Equestrian Center is a 25 acre farm that offers horse riding lessons to beginners and experienced students alike. They have private and group riding lessons, summer camps and parties and events. Their wide array of horses are kept in a well maintained 40,000 sq. ft. covered pavilion, a large air conditioned party room with a gorgeous view of the horses in the fields and plenty of parking space.
Address: 13551 Lew Briggs Rd, Houston, TX 77047
Timings: Mon - Fri:10:00 am - 9:00 pm;
Sat: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm; Sun: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Lessons- between USD 60 - 80 per class;
Monthly (four classes) between USD 180 to USD 260.
Summer camps: USD 750/week for 5 days.
4. Houston Polo ClubFounded in 1928, the Houston Polo Club is the largest polo club in the country. Located at the heart of Houston, it hosts polo matches, equestrian events and offers riding lessons to members, players and the general public. With scenic riding trails, two polo fields and a full-service equestrian facility, the Houston Polo Club is a beautiful place to learn horse riding in Houston.
English, Hunter, Jumper riding are taught to beginners and all you have to bring are boots and a helmet. You can come on a weekend and spend the day watching a polo match and picnicking with family!
Address: 8552 Memorial Dr Houston, TX 77024
Timings: Sun 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Pricing: Annual Riding Membership: USD 2165
5. Huntsville State ParkThis 2000 acre recreational park is covered with rainforest and pine trees and home to a wide variety of flora and fauna. Three lakes flow through the park making for excellent campsites, swimming, fishing and picnics by the shore. You can either bring your own horse to explore the park or rent a horse of your choice from the 2E stables nearby. The 2E stables is just minutes away from the state park and offer all kinds of horses along with a trained professional to guide you.
Address: 40 Park Lane Huntsville, TX 77320
Timings: Monday to Sunday: 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Entry fee: USD 7 for 13 years and older
Renting a horse: USD 35 per person for one hour
6. Cat Spring RanchIf you are looking for a blissful weekend getaway with magnificent countryside views and fun outdoor activities, BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch is the perfect place for you! Located at Cat Spring, the ranch is an hour west of Houston and has cabins in the forest for a tranquil escape from the buzz of city life.
Be sure to choose the “equestrian vacation” option which has horse-riding options for all skill levels. You can also bring your own horse to the ranch! Horse riding in Houston doesn’t get more majestic than this! Also explore other onsite activities like fishing, archery, hiking and picnics or simply enjoy the outback life from your cabin in the woods!
Address: 3597 Frantz Rd, Cat Spring, TX 78933, United States
Hours: Open 24 hours. Seven days a week
Pricing: USD 79 per guest for groups. USD 89 for private lessons.
7. The SpreadLocated near Beltway 8 & 288 Astrodome, The Spread is a ranch that offers lessons in horse riding in Houston. They have Pasture Riding and Beach and Trail Rides as well as horses to rent. The trail is cross country passing through highways, pastures and the woods. They have fourteen horses- Tennessee walkers, palominos and thoroughbreds.
Address: 14110 Bridgeport Rd. Houston, TX 77074
Hours: Monday to Sunday: 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Pricing: USD 40 per hour; lessons are USD 50 for adults and USD 55 for children.
8. Southern Breeze Equestrian CentreEstablished in 1998, the Southern Breeze Equestrian Centre specializes in hunt equitation, jumper, dressage training and therapeutic riding for people with special needs. The head trainer is a USHJA Certified Trainer and Certified Instructor with over 35 years of Riding, coaching and training experience and the staff have nearly a hundred years of combined horse riding and care experience.
The ranch also has facilities such as an office and lounge with air conditioning, stalls covered wash rack and mirrors and electronic gates at the entrance.
Address: 3801 Fm 521 Rd Fresno, TX 77545
Mon: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM;
9. Cypress Trails Equestrian CenterTwenty-five miles north of downtown Houston, Cypress Trails Equestrian Center is a beautiful place to connect with nature and enjoy a fun afternoon of horse riding in Houston! The owner and trainer is an award-winning and certified competitive horse rider and cowgirl! The centre offers Adventure Trail Rides, Lunch/Picnic Rides and horseback riding lessons.
If you are an intermediate rider, check out the endurance riding and horse lease policy.
Address: 21415 Cypresswood Drive Humble, TX 77338
Hours: Monday to Sunday: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Pricing: Between USD 60 - USD 115 for group and private lessons
10. Houston Police StablesThe Houston Police Stables encourages locals and visitors to visit the barn at the Mounted Patrol unit in the afternoons on weekdays. Visitors can feed carrots, apples and peppermint candies to the horses and spend some time in the stables. You can also schedule a ride-along with the mounted police department and experience a day in their lives.
If you want to spend time with horses and not venture too far from downtown, this is the perfect place for you! Entry is free!
Address: 5005 Little York Rd, Houston, TX 77016-2547
Monday to Friday: 12:00 AM to 2:00 PM;
Saturday and Sunday- Closed.
11. Vantage Point FarmVantage Point is a family owned award winning farm which offers training lessons for horses and riding lessons for you. Their main focus is the American Saddlebred horse, Hackney Ponies & Roadsters but they also train other breeds. For amateurs, they offer a saddle seat, hunt seat, western pleasure or driving horse. Camps are run throughout the summer for ages six and up.
Address: 10032 Kleppel Rd, Tomball, TX 77375
Tuesday and Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM;
Wednesday & Thursday 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM;
Sun 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
12. Bailey Oaks FarmBailey Oaks Farm is the largest English training centre in Texas. They are a premier equestrian facility with over 40 acres of land and the head owner has extensive competitive and training experience. Individualized jump training lessons and full-day training camps are also offered. Camps are encouraged for children between 6-12 years and advanced riders have tailored sessions.
Address: 7220 County Road 128, Alvin, TX 77511Horse Riding in Houston can be the perfect way to unwind and explore a new hobby just minutes from the city center. With various types of riding styles, outdoor ranch activities and equestrian training, explore the Texas countryside on horseback!
Monday to Friday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM;
Sat: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Sun- Closed