Features of Driving Ranges in HoustonBoasting of spectacular architecture, heated greens, chipping greens and wide fairways, driving ranges in Houston provide the perfect game terrain, clubhouse dining experiences and picturesque sceneries to admire after finishing your rounds. Practice bunkers and professional PGA training are also available at Houston’s driving ranges. Built for both golfers and non-players, driving ranges in Houston are also ideal for hikes, nature walks, birdwatching and celebrating fun-filled private parties.
Types of Driving Ranges in HoustonDriving ranges in Houston are divided into outdoor and indoor categories. While outdoor driving ranges are well-suited for ambient and sunny days, heated stalls and putting greens in indoor ranges are a necessity that deliver during unforgiving weather and snowfall in Houston.
Top 10 Driving Ranges in HoustonIf you are looking for a charming, well-equipped driving range to practice your swings before the big game or just enjoy recreational flagsticks, here is a comprehensive list of the best outdoor driving ranges in Houston: -
Outdoor Driving Ranges in Houston
1. Memorial Park Driving RangeRenovated in 1999, this classic 600-acre, lighted driving range in Houston curates quality golfing experience with state-of-the-art municipal facilities. Visited by over 60,000 patrons each year, Memorial Park Driving Range flaunts impeccably manicured putting and chipping greens with water features as well as sand traps along the double decker property. Every trainee at the course’s academy and golfers at practice bunkers are allowed to hit woods and drivers as well.
Unlimited ball buckets are available at their year round indoor range. After your swings, enjoy chilled beer and American snacks at their sophisticated clubhouse diner. They also have a pro shop onsite where you can buy signature golf merchandise and apparel.
Location: 1001 East Memorial Loop Drive, Houston, Texas 77007
Timings: 7am - 9pm, open daily. Memorial Park's Driving Range stops selling range balls every night at 8:00 p.m.
Cost: USD 7 - USD 13 per bucket
Indoor and outdoor driving ranges
2-tier, 84 station
2. The Driving Range at Golf Club of HoustonHouston’s very best driving range is where the Houston Open is played by PGA professionals, Humble’s Golf Club of Houston. It has been repeatedly ranked as one of the best driving ranges for both amateurs and experts. It has a large double-sided grass range covering 900 acres, several putting, chipping greens and practice bunkers with varying targets.
One side of the range is reserved for PGA training at the course’s McGetrick Golf Academy and club members while the remaining semi-private facility welcomes public players, hikers and picnickers. Regulars at this driving range in Houston claim their tee prices are “a steal considering the superior facilities”.
Location: 5860 Wilson Road, Humble, Houston, Texas 77396
Timings: 6am - 7pm, Monday - Sunday
Cost: USD 79 - USD 135. Tee times at USD 75.
Greens: Poa trivialis, Rye, Bentgrass
Dining room and bar
3. Topgolf Houston Driving RangeFrom the very day it was opened to the public for play in 2012, Topgolf Houston has amazed both players and non-players with its high-tech driving range. It is one of the best private driving ranges in Houston, open till the wee hours of midnight. Topgolf’s balls have chips in them, enabling players to analyze parameters like distance, stakes and targets.
Their PGA professional course helps you practice on a two-sided driving range, putting and chipping greens. Hang out with your friends and fellow players at the quirky clubhouse serving drinks. Topgolf’s banquet hall provides a picturesque background and alfresco buffet for weddings, bachelorette parties and social-get togethers.
Location: 1030 Memorial Brook Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77084
Sunday - Thursday: 10am - 11pm
Friday - Saturday: 10am - 12am
Cost: USD 27 - USD 37
Chef-inspired dishesBanquet hall
4. Marti Golf CenterMarti Golf Center in Houston offers a short game practice driving range and well-stocked pro shop. At this range, players of all aptitudes can benefit with a vast stock of range balls, quality turfs, green side bunker and approach ground. Their golf clubs are custom fit for major manufacturers such as Callaway, PING, Mizuno, Bridgestone, Wilson Staff and TaylorMade golf clubs.
The driving range houses 5 bay outdoor and indoor hitting ranges with sand traps for inclement weather conditions. Professional golf instruction by talented PGA golfers like Chad Marti and Johnny Dill is also available at their academy.
Location: 12782 Beechnut Street, Houston, Texas 77072
Monday - Friday: 9am - 10pm
Saturday - Sunday: 8am - 10pm
Cost: USD 10 - USD 37. Extra USD 1 required for card payment.
25 Acre Driving Range, 9 target greens
200 yard long Tee line - Bermuda Grass
7,200 square feet chipping area
5. 5050 Acorn Golf and Icehouse5050 Acorn is a charmingly built lighted driving range with panoramic views of the Houston skyline and oak forests. It is also one of the top 5 most visited driving ranges in Houston for golf, restaurant dining and family outings. Up to 70 players can play on a single tee time, making the course a hotspot for tournaments and group practice.
Experience real grass tee lines or devots and take advantage of their smooth and 35 wide chipping areas, practice bunkers with sand traps and scenic putting greens. When it’s time for a break, grab a chilled beer and unwind with your friends at the Icehouse bar’s alfresco porch. You can also enjoy live sports streams on the big screen at their dedicated entertainment lounge.
Location: 5050 Acorn Street, Houston, Texas 77092
Timings: 9am - 8pm, Monday - Sunday
Cost: USD 75 - USD 300, variable with duration of play.
350 yards driving range
Top Indoor Driving Ranges in HoustonEven though the weather might not be cooperating, beginners and pro golfers of Houston, rejoice. The city is flanked with indoor driving ranges having the best of heated practice areas and amenities. Rain or shine, the game goes on at these fantastic indoor driving ranges in Houston: -
6. GolfSmartStarted in 2000, this is Houston’s largest premium indoor driving range and golf training center. Offering a comfortable and safe environment, GolfSmart is the best place to go through your golf journey. From individual training to pro tournaments, this futuristic venue has refined facilities for everything.
A sprawling 1,000 square feet indoor practice area for driving and putting attract worldwide visitors. For their executive lunch package at USD 50, visitors are granted access to 12 practice bays with Titliest hitting balls, chipping green, Trackman, putting, Flightscope and a slow motion software V1 camera to record your play.
Location: 14520 Memorial Drive, Ste 95, Houston, Texas 77079
Monday - Thursday: 9am - 7pm
Friday - Saturday: 9am - 4pm
Sunday: 1pm - 4pm
Cost: USD 55 - USD 400
Coaches: Max Garrett, Ric Teran, Phil Harmening
First Tee Core Values
Junior Fundamental Summer Practice Camp
7. Super Golf RangeSuper Golf Range is a stress-free driving range in Houston built with traditional architecture in 1999 and owned by a Korean family. This local range offers a short game facility, playing grounds as well as practice areas for putting and driving. Their pro shop sells signature clubs and buckets that are a deal for 200 balls, which encourages Houstonians to come for a game with their entire clan and family!
Golf enthusiasts and beginners can train under PGA professionals 7 days of the week at the Super Golf Range Academy.
Location: 3703 Barker Cypress Road, Houston, Texas 77084
Timings: 9am - 10pm, Monday - Sunday
Cost: USD 9 (100 balls), USD 16 (225 balls)
Good for kids
Changing rooms and lockers
8. The Driving Range at Four Seasons HotelKnown as Top Golf Swing Suite, the driving range at Four Seasons Hotel offers a unique and fun experience for beginners, expert lessons and pre-match warm ups. Housed within the hotel’s first floor, the luxurious driving range offers Houston’s most immersive virtual golf simulator suites and cutting edge high-tech screens for honing your swings.
Each bay comfortably accommodates 6 persons and is equipped with amenities for handicap play. Golf clubs are provided and you can bring your own too. Count on the Bayou & Bottle Lobby Bar for full-day food and beverage service including flavourful cuisines and exotic drinks.
Location: 1300 Lamar Street, Houston, Texas 77010
Timings: Open 24 hours
Cost: USD 60 - USD 120 per hour
Bourbon lockers & steward
Private dining room
9. Swanson Golf CenterChristened twice in the last decade by the Houston Chronicle as the city’s Best Practice Facility, Swanson Golf Center is renowned for high-quality grass tees, golf clubs, GPS trackable balls and swing analysis instruction. Their indoor driving range and short game grounds are for year-round practice while the onsite pro shop is a one-stop shop for all your game merchandise and equipment.
The center brings you Swanny’s Bar and Grill, stocked fishing ponds, sand volleyball, playgrounds, and a ping pong lounge to enhance your experience.
Location: 6224 Theall Road, Houston, Texas 77066
Timings: 9am - 10pm, Monday - Sunday
Owner: Matt Swanson’s School of Golf & Custom Club Fitting
Cost: USD 17 - USD 23 per 9-hole round
Good for kids
Athletic development program
Food and beverage
10. Houston National Golf ClubConveniently located near the Houston Medical Center, Houston National Golf Club is every golfer’s dream with its long tees at the lighted indoor and outdoor driving ranges, modern practice facility and country club. Renovated recently, 6 target greens are available for driving, chipping and putting. Moreover, you can choose between grass and mat hitting tees.
Challenging fairways and wide greens also help to accommodate players of all skill levels. For formal affairs such as meetings, seminars and private parties, an opulent ballroom with open-air dining facilities is available, set against the riveting backdrop of lush mountains.
Location: 16500 Houston National Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77095Every golf aficionado agrees that frequently practicing you swings and never giving up is the key to being an expert at the great game. Have you visited these driving ranges in Houston before or are you planning to? Let us know your experience, suggestions and queries in the comments below.
Friday - Monday: 7am - 8pm
Wednesday - Thursday: 7am - 5pm
Cost: USD 5 (40 balls), USD 10 (80 balls)
Back Deck Bar and Grille
Pro shop18-hole course