Here are few Car Rentals in Houston that might come handy:
1. Enterprise Rent-A-Car
With multiple locations throughout the city and across the globe, Enterprise Rent-A-Car provides an easy onboarding experience. Be it for road trips, taking a weekend getaway, or airport travel, Enterprise has everything you’re looking for. You could either go for a compact car, luxury sedan, SUV, or sports car, this car rental company has a fleet no matter what your need is. Rent a car from one of Houston’s multiple locations or rent it out at George Bush International Airport. Bookings can be made online.
Categories and services: Luxury sedans, SUVs, compact cars, exotic sports cars, minivans & vans, moving and pickup trucks, car sales
Locations: Bellaire, Central Houston Nissan, Houston Midtown, Houston Heights, Houston Galleria, Houston Greenway, Houston Broadway & Gulf Fwy., Houston Medical Center, Houston Fannin & S. Loop, Houston N. Loop & Shepherd, Downtown Houston JW Marriott Hotel, Silber Road, Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Houston George Bush Airport Exotics, Houston Hobby Airport, Houston Hobby Airport Exotics, Sugar Land Regional Airport
At affordable rates starting from 40 USD a day, Alamo Rent-A-Car makes renting cars much easier and more reasonable. Offering pick-up and drop-off services, this rental company makes sure the customer is happy with their services. You’ve got various options to choose from a fleet of their cars, including compact cars, luxury cars, SUVs, sedans, vans, and more. There are special deals available daily as well.
Categories and services: One-way car rental, compact cars, standard cars, luxury cars, SUVs, sedans, last-minute deals, online check-in
Locations: Houston Hobby Airport, Houston George Bush International Airport
Hours: 5:00 AM - 12:00 AM (daily)
The Budget, as the name suggests, is a budget-friendly car rental service in Houston, Texas. If you’re exploring Downtown Houston, Greyhound, or any other location, the Budget makes it convenient for you to rent a car to travel towards Houston’s downtown region. This service company offers a range of weekly car rentals, moving trucks, flexible pick-up, drop-off locations, and a fleet of cars.
Categories and services: 15-passenger vans, standard cars, full-size SUVs, flexible pick-up and drop-off locations, weekly car rentals
Hours: Mon - Fri: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM; Sat - Sun: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Address: 1010 Webster St, Houston, TX 77002
One of the leading car rentals in Houston, Texas, Hertz offers some of the best deals if you’re looking to rent a car to explore in and around Houston. Whether you want to check out Trinity Bay or the miniature version of Niagara Falls, Hertz offers a variety of rental cars that are ideal for your travel needs. You can pick your favourites from either compact or sedan rental cars, ranging from Toyota Corolla, Chevrolet Impala, Nissan Versa, and many other budget-friendly options.
Address: 8100 Monroe Blvd, Houston, TX 77061
Hours: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (daily)
The Average Cost of Renting a Car in HoustonThere are different cars you can choose from. And the price for each depends on the car you choose (SUV, compact, standard, sports), age of the car, how long you’ll have the car with you, etc. The average cost of renting a car in Houston is 33 USD a day. And there are various services available in Houston that you could choose from.
- Standard: From 29 USD/ day
- Economy: From 44 USD/ day
- Compact: From 20 USD/ day
- Convertible: From 44 USD/ day
- SUV: From 29 USD/ day
- Luxury: From 35 USD/ day
Other Car Rentals in Houston
- Avis car rental
- E-Z car rental
- Elite car rental
Documents required when Renting a Car in Houston
- Valid driving license: A valid U.S driver’s license is required to rent a car in the city. Extra charges are applicable if you own a different state’s driver's license.
- Legal driving age: All drivers must be at least 18 or older to drive in Houston.
- Insurance: The renters are required to carry minimum liability insurance as ordered by the state law.
- Mode of payment: Credit card, debit card
Things to remember while Driving in Houston
- The speed limit is around 30 to 45 miles per hour in residential streets, whereas it’s around 65 to 75 miles per hour on the highways and freeways.
- The permitted blood alcohol content is 0.08% for drivers aged 21 and above, but for commercial drivers, the limit is around 0.04%.
- Safety belts in the car are a must.
- Whatever your needs are for renting a car in Houston, Texas, these aforementioned car rental companies have something to offer. Be it hourly or daily rates, or a compact car or a van that fits around 15 people, you will find all of that on this list. So start planning and set off on an adventure in this wonderful city!