Here's a list of Honeymoon Places in Tamil Nadu
The queen of hillsThis gorgeous hill station is everything that a romantic duo will ever need. The stunning passageways that will take you from Mettupalayam to Ooty, the tranquillity of pretty botanical gardens, the serenity of the Ooty Lake and charm of the sprawling tea gardens will mesmerise you beyond limits. The pristine hills of Ooty topped with the pleasant climate here is a visual treat for the travellers.
Must-Visit Places: Nilgiri Mountain Railways, Emerald Lake, Ooty Botanical Gardens
2. CoonoorAbode of the magnificent hills Coonoor is one of the three hill stations in the Nilgiri district of Tamil Nadu. Being smaller and quieter than Ooty, Coonoor flaunts majestic hills covered with lush flora. It has some beautiful tourist attractions, including Catherine Falls, Law's Falls, Hidden Valley and Dolphin's Nose. You are sure to have a memorable experience in this quaint little place. Coonoor poses undoubtedly as one of the best choices for a honeymoon destination.
Must-Visit Places: Sim's Park, Dolphin's Nose, Ketti Valley
3. KodaikanalThe Princess of hill stations
This stunning hill station is quite a hit among the newlyweds as it daunts some attractions that are must-visit places. Some of these attractions are Bryant Park, Kodai Lake, Pillar Rocks and Silver Cascade Falls. Kodaikanal is home to the perfect landscapes, spectacular waterfalls, lush green forests, fruit orchards and an absolutely pleasant climate to heat things between the lovebirds.
Must-Visit Places: Kodai Lake, Green Valley View, Pillar Rocks
4. MeghamalaiHigh wavy mountains
A secluded picturesque hilly territory located in the Theni district of Tamil Nadu, Meghamalai possesses a hoard of natural beauty. It is known for its high wavy mountain ranges, Cloud Land Falls, Vellimalai and much more. The Meghamalai Wildlife Sanctuary is home to various rare species of flora and fauna. Thus, this place is sure to fulfil all the desires of any couple on their honeymoon by offering them a wide array of opportunities to enjoy their time here.
Must-Visit Places: Megamalai Wildlife Sanctuary, Meghamalai Falls, Suruli Falls
5. ChennaiMarina Beach If your partner is the one to get impressed by long romantic walks along the beach and some cuddling sessions along with it, then make sure to visit the longest urban beach in the world. With a coastline of around 12 km, Marina Beach adorns mesmerising vistas of the sunrise and the sunset. The refreshing ocean beach will surely ignite some sparks between the duo.
Must-Visit Places: Marina Beach, Pulicat Lake, Theosophical Society
6. KanyakumariThe Southernmost tip of India Kanyakumari marks the point of 'sangam' of the Bay of Bengal, the Indian Ocean and the Arabian Sea and hence offers a breathtaking view of sunset and sunrise. It is a popular honeymoon place because of its cultural and spiritual vibrancy. You can venture off to the Tiruchendur Temple and even discover some historical tales at the Vattakottai Fort. The most astonishing fact about this place is that while enjoying a walk in the soft sands of Kanyakumari Beach, you can witness the unparalleled view of the setting sun and the rising moon at the same time.
Must-Visit Places: Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Kanyakumari Beach, Vattakottai Fort
7. Madumalai National ParkTaking a break from the conventional honeymoon plans, indulge in some unique activities like a wildlife safari! Tamil Nadu is a favoured spot for wildlife and birds and hence has some wildlife sanctuaries and national parks. The Mudumalai National Park in Nilgiri District is known for its abundant vegetation, unique biodiversity and an enormous range of fauna. Take your partner through the mysterious and winding jungle to fill your time here with thrill and excitement. Experience the adrenaline rush when you spot the Lion-tailed Macaque or the Rusty Spotted Cat in the wildernesses here!
8. YercaudNestled in the Shivaroy Hills of Tamil Nadu, Yercaud is a tranquil hill station in the Eastern Ghats steeped in abundant greenery. Located at an altitude of 4970 feet, Yercaud is known for its vast expanses of coffee plantations. It is a paradise for nature lovers.
Must-Visit Places: Bear's Cave, Emerald Lake, Lady's Seat
Must-Visit Places: Shore Temple, Mahabalipuram Beach, Five Rathas
10. BellikkalBellikkal is one of those places where you can completely relax, without having to worry about a 'to-do' list for your vacations and yet experience mountains that will steal your breath away. Instead of having a hundred places to offer, it will take you by its beauty, calmness and serenity.
11. KutralamCourtallam, also known as Kutralam, is a perfect getaway from Tenkasi and Tirunelveli. A small town bordering Kollam District, Courtallam is famous for its waterfalls on the Western Ghats. With captivating panoramic vistas, the township is popularly renowned as 'Spa of South'. It has nine waterfalls in the region that add a charm to its exotic beauty. One will also find Kutrallam adorned with ancient temples reflecting the age-old legends attached to them.
Must-Visit Places: Five Falls, Honey Falls, Shenbaga Falls
12. HogenakkalHogenakkal is a waterfall located in Dharmapuri district of Tamil Nadu where the Kaveri river splits into multiple streams of waterfalls. Located at a distance of 180 km from Bangalore, Hogenakkal has water throughout the year. The carbonite rocks, the coracle (basket boat) rides, freshwater fish, oil massages by locals make it a perfect honeymoon destination.
Chuck the international destinations and choose our very own domestic honeymoon destination of Tamil Nadu, and you sure won't be disappointed!