The 5 Types of Coffee in San Diego
1. Cafe con LecheThe Cafe con Leche is a signature drink at Azucar. It is the only place in San Diego that brews this cup of coffee. It is made with two shots of sweetened Havana espresso. It is the perfect blend of sweetness and the slightly bitter taste of the espresso. It is an instant favourite amongst youngsters and adults alike.
Where to find it:Azucar
2.Crème brulée latte
It is a beautiful amalgamation of America’s two most favourite things: Creme Brulee and a Coffee latte! The drink is made of two shots of espresso coffee and caramelised sugar making it pleasing to the eyes as well as the tastebuds of the customers. You can also find some sweet baked goods to accompany your morning dose of sugar and caffeine.
Where to find it: Mostra Coffee
The turkish coffee is so special because of its cardamom essence and the usage of raw sugar. This is incorporated into the double shot espressos and steamed milk which makes it a heartwarming beverage. You could pair it up with oatmeal chocochip cookies or other pastries that would enhance the flavours of the coffee and the whole sweet experience.
Where to find it:Lofty Coffee
4. “The Best Drink Ever”
One sip at it and you’re sure to validate its name. The drink is a very interesting mix of three ingredients: vanilla, water and espresso. The sweetness of the vanilla and the bitter flavour of the espresso definitely makes it one of the signature coffees here. You can have the drink while biting into the freshly baked marble cake as well.
Where to find it:Better Buzz Coffee:The Lab
What is better than a cold coffee? A cold coffee that has a mint kick in it. The Kryptonite, true its name is out of the world! It is an iced coffee with hand-crushed mint infused into it. The drink is definitely a wake-up call to your senses but in a soothing manner. And why have it alone when you can sip on it with a beautifully baked croissant.
Where to find it:Westbean Roasters
5 Places to Get Good Coffee in San Diego
1. Bin HausThe cafe is known for two of our favourite things in the world, ice cream and coffee! They serve various forms of deserts like Thai rolled ice cream and shaved ice in melon and various other seasonal desserts as well. The coffee at this cafe comes from Bird Rock Coffee roasters which is one of the best all across the state.
Location: 4425 Convoy St #216, San Diego, CA 92111, United States
2. Copa Vida DowntownWith a brew of delicious coffee, freshly baked bread and the simple yet elegant menu, the cafe is definitely one of the favourites in the bay area with locations in San Diego and Los Angeles. The cafe has well designed seating areas and a beautiful ambience to accompany your food and beverages. They also have bookable coffee carts and catering services as well.
Location:5550 Carmel Mountain Rd, San Diego, CA 92130, United States
3. Better Buzz Coffee RoastersThe Cafe has over 8 locations all over San Diego. The Cafe’s decor pulls off a rustic yet modern look. It becomes an instant favourite amongst the locals of all the locations it opens up at. The delicious coffee brew, the homemade breakfast and pastries make it an ideal spot for Sunday brunches, parties and also the perfect place to get your daily dose of caffeine.
Location: 801 University Ave San Diego, CA 92103
4. Lofty Coffee. CoThe cafe started off in 2011 as a small neighbourhood coffee shop. Today it has about 4 shops in different venues and is a staple in whichever neighbourhood it is located in. They also have a production facility for roasted beans and homemade pastries made from scratch. They have summer patios and seating areas where you can relax with your coffee paired with a pastry or a healthy breakfast!
Location: 444 W Cedar St San Diego, CA 92101
5. Bump CoffeeIt is a small homely coffee shop with very friendly baristas. They have a walk up shop in ‘Cardiff by the sea’. You can grab your cup of coffee with a delicious empanada and get down to business. If you want to grab a beverage by the beach they got you covered with their coffee truck at Pipes Beach all through the week.
Location:126 Aberdeen Dr Cardiff, CA 92007
Price for a coffee:$$
Average priceThe average price for coffee in San Diego ranges from $2-$4 for a cup.
The coffee culture in San Diego is so homely and elegant at the same time. To the fast brews of the busy city to the smiling barista, each coffee shop here has its own authentic signature for you to remember it by, so whether you’re a local or a tourist, do grab your cup of coffee and relish it!