Renting a bike in the city of Miami is pretty easy, however, there are certain things that you always have to keep in mind. Things you have to take care of when planning to rent a bike from Miami are-
- Cyclists should have a red rear light and a front headlight, if travelling at night.
- Do not wear headphones while cycling, it is illegal.
- Make sure you have a valid ID, which is one of the most important things that will be required before you rent a bike.
- Do not use your phones while riding the bicycle, try to keep your hands on the handle as much as possible so that you have control over your cycle.
- Keep your bike on the bike lane and do not cross the middle lane into the side lane. Use extreme caution with other motorists and maintain some gap from cars.
- Do not drink and drive. It is considered to be illegal and there is a possibility for you to get arrested under the law.
- It is always advised to ring a bell and give instructions to the pedestrians about the direction they are turning.
- There are certain rentals that might not be as honest as the others, so it is always advised to take the bike for a test drive before you spend money on renting the bike.
- You should always use locks to keep your bike safe in the city.
- Do not ignore the traffic rules and make sure you follow all the rules that are made for the bike riders to follow.
- It is very important to find out if you have to make reservations for booking a bike in advance as some of the companies do not let you choose a bike on-spot and require you to book one in advance.
- Find out about the minimum number of hours that are required for you to book a bike, it generally varies from company to company.
- Read through the information and the cancelation policy that has been stated by the rentals
- Most of the rentals generally accept both credit and debit cards with VISA, MasterCard, American Express, etc. You can also choose to pay through some app; however, cash is generally not accepted.
- Make sure you know where to pick the bike up from and where to drop it. Take very good care of the bike and the equipment that is given to you along with the bike from the rental. Do not park the bike just anywhere and make sure you lock the bike after parking it.
6 Bike Rentals in Miami
One of the most popular bike rentals, CitiBike has several stations throughout the city with the option of renting the bike from any station of your choice and dropping it off at any station of your choice like Coconut Grove, Downtown, Wynwood, South Beach, Miami Beach, Surfside, and Bal Harbour. The solar-powered bike sharing system has hundreds of stations that provide around thousands of bikes.
Timings: Open 24 hours a day every day.
Cost: If you are planning to rent a bike hourly, then it will be $4.50 for 30 minutes, $6.50 for 1 hour, $10 for 2 hours, $18 for 4 hours, and $24 for 1 day. If you are a local or a resident, you can avail the monthly memberships, which require making a membership for a minimum of 3 months and will let you enjoy unlimited 30- or 60-minutes rides per day. The standard membership for an unlimited 30 minutes ride is $15 and the deluxe pass for the unlimited 60 minutes rides per day is $25.
Age limit: 18 years or more. If you fail to return the bike on time, you need to pay $4.60 per 30 minutes.
2. Bike and Roll Miami
Are you ready to roll? Located in two different locations, South Beach and Downtown Miami, the Bike and Roll Miami has hundreds of bikes to meet the demand. You are rented the bike with proper equipment like lights, lock, helmet, bike map, etc. The different kinds of bikes that the rental offers are comfort bike, single speed cruiser, fitness bike, mountain bike, road bike tandem bike, trailer tandem, trailer/burley, and skates. There is also something for the children at Bike and Roll Miami, they also have kids bike and child’s seat.
Cost: The price ranges from $20 to $69 depending on the bike that you are choosing to rent for yourself.
Timings: Open from 10 am to 6 pm every day.
Address: Bike and roll Miami (Downtown Miami)- 401 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132, United States & Bike and Roll Miami (South Beach)- 210 10th St, Miami Beach, FL 33139, United States.Cancel or reschedule the tour 72 hours in advance so avoid payment of the entire money.
3. South Beach Bicycle Rental
Visit the attractions of Miami like Miami Design District, South Pointe Park, Downtown Miami, Wynwood Walls, the Art Deco District, the Bayside Marketplace, and several others in an affordable and convenient mode of transportation which helps you avoid the high taxi prices and the traffic on the road. The bicycle has to be picked up and returned to the address mentioned below.
Timings: Open every day from 8 am to 8 pm from Monday to Saturday and 9 am to 7 pm on Sundays.
Cost: The bike rent starts from $16.42 and can range depending on the number of hours and the type of bike.
Address: 1401 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA.Free cancellation.
4. Miami Beach Bicycle Center
Want to get quality and value along with the friendly and professional staff at a low price? The Miami Beach Bicycle Center in South Beach is your only stop. They provide a wide range of bikes like E-bikes, Hybrid, Single Speed Beach Cruiser, Carbon Road Bike, Comfort Bike, Alloy Road Bike, Tandem Bike, Fat Sand Bike, Kid’s Bike, etc. Whether you are a local resident or a tourist, you will get to hire bikes that will help you to save a lot of time and money in travelling and exploring the beauty of the city. Their showrooms and comprehensive online catalog help amateur as well as veteran riders, recreation as well as transportation cyclists, road as well as mountain aficionados, etc.
Timings: Open every day from 10 am to 7 pm from Monday to Saturday and 10 am to 5 pm on Sundays.
Cost: The price for renting ranges from $24 to $85 per day and $50 to $350 per week depending on the number of hours and the kind of bike rented.
Address: 746 5th Street Miami Beach, FL 33139.
Age limit: 16 years and above.
5. Bike Rental from the hotel
Several hotels in Miami include rates for bike rental in their room rates. This makes it very convenient and affordable for people who are visiting Miami for work or even for leisure. Some of these hotels are Marriott Stanton South Beach, Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club, Hotel la Flora, Hotel Impala, etc.
6. Miami Double Decker
If you are planning to do something more fun, you can try roaming around the city in a Segway. The Miami Double Decker offers a Segway One Hour Miami Beach Tour and Segway Two Hour Tour. It is a new and environmentally friendly way of travelling from one place to the other. A Segway is becoming popular with each day, so enjoy a day exploring the upcoming technology. However, be careful while using a Segway as many of us are not used to it so make sure you do not hurt yourself or damage the Segway in any way.
Cost: Segway One Hour Beach Tour- It will cost you $30, Segway Two Hour Tour- It will cost you around $42We hope you have found the information that you have been looking for. Explore the beautiful city of Miami with its beautiful beaches and monuments, that will take your breath away, on a convenient mode of transportation, that will make your trip even more memorable. Happy and Safe Riding!
Address: 305 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach, FL 33139, United States.