The best places for skydiving in Miami
1) Miami Skydiving CentreThe only drop zone in Miami, Florida with RVT Video technology, Miami Skydiving Centre definitely gives you the thrill of your life! It jumps from about two miles high, giving you about 45 seconds of free fall, with the clouds; and that too, at a speed of 120 miles per hour! You can watch the entire city of Miami, and the training sessions are also fun and easy. This centre offers Tandem jumps, which means you will be harnessed to a certified skydiving instructor, and you jump together.
Fee for the TANDEM jump: $299 per person (with a credit card), $249 per person (with cash)It generally takes 2-4 hours to complete a class and make your first jump but your schedule may also be adjusted for the weather.
Timings: Monday- Friday 7.30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m, Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Make sure you have a reservation and that you reach 10 minutes in advance so that you can comfortably fill out the paperwork and get ready for the class.
2) Skydive MiamiSkydive Miami offers the premier drop- zones in Miami, and the most breathtaking view. This centre not only offers TANDEM jumps for the first timers, but also skydiving classes, single jump experiences for expert divers, and much more. Opened in 1998, Skydive Miami is one of the oldest and most trustworthy skydiving centres in Miami.
Cost: Prices for skydiving are $200 per person on an average, but it may vary depending on the type of jump you choose to do, and other circumstances.
Timings: Monday to Friday- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This place has great discounts, so make sure you check out their websites before going.
3) Skydive South BeachLocated on one of the most widely known beaches in Miami, Skydive South Beach provides some of the most thrilling skydiving experiences. They have something for everyone, from beginners, first timers, to advanced sky divers. The infamous tandem jumps are also offered and you can also become a certified sky diver at this place.
Prices for skydiving: $349 per person for regular price tandem skydive, $299 per person for two people or more (special group price)
All jumps include breakfast and lunch.
Timings: Monday to Friday- 7.30 a.m. to 9 p.m, Saturday- 9 a.m. to 7.30 p.m, Sunday- 9 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
- Dogs or pets are strictly restricted from even entering the airport, so make sure you do not bring any.
- Kids, if brought, must be under direct adult supervision at all times.
4) Skydive SebastianSkydive Sebastian is located about 2.5 hours from the Miami Beach. This place allows you to fly along the beautiful Florida coastline and the Atlantic Ocean. This place also offers beach skydives, a skydiving gear store, first tandem skydives, skydives where you land next to the ocean, and also a freefall course.
Timings: Open all year round, office timings are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on week days and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends. Skydiving is usually done until sunset.
Cost: Price is usually $195 for a tandem skydive (excluding any discounts)
A café and restaurant is also available for refreshments and internet access
5) Super FlightWant to have a skydiving experience without actually flying? Then Super Flight is the place to be. Here you can experience the safest skydiving and in the most exhilarating environment. Superflight is the only active outdoor wind tunnel in USA, making it the most unique skydiving experience. You do not have to actually jump out of a plane here, but a wind tunnel make you feel like you did, with the same speed as the plane. The tunnel will take you up to 15 feet high in the air, and even kids as young as 4 years can do this activity.
Hours: Monday to Sunday- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cost: Prices range from $59 to $479 depending on the type of jumps and the number of people
6) IFLY Indoor SkydivingLocated in Fort Lauderdale, iFLY is the only indoor skydiving centre in Miami. This one too, does not require you to jump out of a plane, and is made for the sole purpose of enjoying the feeling of defying gravity. This place also offers a flight school, VR and other cool skydiving options, programs and events.
Hours of operation: Tuesday – Thursday: 11AM – 9PM, Friday: 11AM – 7PM, Saturday and Sunday: 9AM – 9PM,
The facility is closed on Mondays
Cost: Basic first- time flyer package starts at $59.95
These were some of the best places where you can go to, for skydiving in Miami. Do you think we missed out on any other places for skydiving in Miami? Would you like us to write about any such interesting places around the world? Then do let us know in the comments below! For more such interesting, travel- related articles, visit our blog. We wish you safe and happy travels!