Here is the list of 17 best bars in Ipoh for a thrilling night:
1. Atas SpeakeasyOne of the most famous hidden bars in Ipoh, Atas Speakeasy is a cocktail lounge. The cosy bar is filled with a homey vibe that transports you to the jazzy 1920s owing to its music and walls that are adorned with Classical art deco and tropical paintings. Only accessed by reservation, this Ipo bar has a tricky entrance that hides behind one of the sliding doors here. Atas Speakeasy boasts of some extraordinary handcrafted cocktails and has segregated its beverage list into 4 distinct sections - The Huntress, The Maiden, The Sage, and The Mystic, where the Classics and Coffee Cocktails collections additionally contribute to this list.
Operating hours: Wednesday - Monday - 6:00 PM - 1:00 AM, Closed: Tuesday
Location: 183a, Jalan Sultan Idris Shah, Taman Jubilee, 30000 Ipoh
2. Jeff’s Cellar
Appreciated as one of the most magnificent bars in the world by CNN Greece, Jeff’s Cellar is housed inside a 260-million-year old limestone cave. This is one of the finest culinary destinations which curates mouth-watering dishes also offering an array of organic and rare wines. This bar which somewhat gives you a prehistoric vibe boasts of some alluring cave interiors, illuminating man-made lights, and graceful water features. Highly recommended for all the guests who would want to impress their dining partners with a memorable wining experience. Jeff’s Cellar has also earned itself a position in the top 20 restaurants of Malaysia.
Operating hours: 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM Daily
Location: 1, Persiaran Lagoon, Sunway 3, 31150 Ipoh
3. La Rouge Cocktail Bar
Situated in the heart of Ipoh but hidden within the walls of the Palm Hotel is the La Rouge Cocktail Bar. Recently established in 2017, this speakeasy is an air-conditioned and spacious bar displaying a plain black wall decor that has some signature drinks attached. True to its speciality, this drinking venue flows with cocktails that are specially prepared by the owner - Johnny Liew, using a signature brand of mixology. Boasting its finely crafted cocktails and imported beers, the soft jazz music here makes the ambience quite relaxing. The impressive beverages served here are high-prized but do not compromise on quality. So, leave behind your weary day by leaning on one of the soft velvety couches in the La Rouge Cocktail Bar and unwind yourself with a cool drink!!
Operating hours: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:30 PM – 12 AM, Friday and Saturday: 6:30 PM – 1AM, Closed on: Monday and Sunday
Location: 3, Persiaran Meng lembu Suria, Pusat Perniagaan Meng lembu, Suria, 30200 Meng lembu, Negeri Perak, Malaysia
4. The Deck Gastrobar (WEIL HOTEL)
Residing on the rooftop- 13th level of WEIL Hotel in Ipoh, Deck Gastrobar caters its guests with a lavish dining experience coupled with an ample mix of drinks. This stunning rooftop bar in Ipoh has a photogenic view of the town, its limestone hills, and scenic skyline. The gastropub boasts of a modern contemporary ambience and has its interiors illuminated in yellow. Visitors can choose to dine either indoors which has a fun vibe or outdoors that has a purely romantic environment. The extensive menu is replete with western cuisines like steaks, burgers, pasta, snacks, and desserts accompanying alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages that consist of fruit juice, mocktails, wine, and beer. This place also provides an option of Alfresco dining at the deck by the hotel’s infinity pool. High tables, bar seats, and sofas are the comfortable seating options available for all the diners and alkies enjoying the bar. Do not forget to track the rooftop and gape at the panoramic sunset!!
Operating hours: Thursday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Closed: Sunday - Wednesday
Location: 292, Jalan Sultan Idris Shah, 30000 Ipoh
5. Bricks and Barrels
One of the oldest bars in Ipoh, Bricks and Barrels outlet has authentically stood for the past 80 years. Serving extensive food options, this place rapidly transforms into a groovy bar with highly entertaining music at night. Apart from serving western cuisine, it has a beverage list replete with world-renowned beers and whiskeys. Featuring modern and retro finishing with some electrical ducting, Bricks and Barrel gives you a semi-industrial kind of ambience. This open-faced alfresco concept bar suffices one with a relaxing hangout space owing to its beer garden where you can sip ice-cold beer with your drinking buddies after a long day.
Open Timings: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 PM – 2:00 AM. Friday & Saturday: 4:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Location: 28-30, Jalan Lau Ek Ching, Kampung Jawa, 30300 Ipoh
6. Tiga BarAnother retro-themed hidden bar in Ipoh, Tiga Bar is housed in an old vintage building in Ipoh’s Old town. Apart from drowning yourselves in refreshing alcoholic drinks, you can also get a buzz from all the movies that are frequently featured in this bar. Maintaining dim lighting and old furnishings, this speakeasy is a great place to sit and gawk at the amazing cocktail mixology which is concocted with Malaysian ingredients. The finesse and lively bartenders, interesting range of well-crafted cocktails, and industrial-chic vibe make one add this pub to their highlight list of Ipoh.
Opening hours: Tuesday - Sunday: 6:00 PM - 1:00 AM, Closed on: Monday
Location: 35, Market Ln, 30000 Ipoh
7. Rooftop Restaurant & BarDine and wine at the Rooftop Restaurant in Ipoh that is closest to the heart of the locals as a romantic spot. The pool tables, flat screens playing sports, electronic dartboards, and live singing performances equipped in this airy bar do not fail to entertain you. Live singing shows that are usually arranged on Sundays from 9:30 PM. Apart from full Western meals, Rooftop Restaurant & Bar also serves some pub grub. If you’re looking for a relaxing and leisure night out, then make sure to drop by.
Operating hours: Daily 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Location: 2-2A, Jalan Medan Ipoh 9, Bandar Baru Medan Ipoh, 31400 Ipoh
8. Healy Mac's Irish Bar and Restaurant
With over 6 outlets in Malaysia, Healy Mac's Irish Bar and Restaurant is an Irish themed bar in Ipoh. This place amazingly caters to a wide range of regional and imported fresh beers on tap accompanying the swanky brands of Guinness or Kilkenny. The dining ambience at Healy Mac’s boasts of a Semi-Alfresco seating arrangement that is always in one’s interest for binge drinking. Anyone looking for a tint of Ireland in Ipoh should swing by Healy Mac’s bar.
Operating hours: Daily 12:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Location: Ground Floor, 2, Persiaran Greentown 4, Greentown Avenue, 30450 Ipoh
9. St. Patrick’s Irish BarBequeathing a slice of Irish drinking experience, St. Patrick’s Irish Bar along Jalan Raja Ekram falls into the genre of Bistro and a fun pub. Provisioning bottle and draught beer like Guinness on tap, soft drinks, and cocktails, this bar also adds eclectic food collection hailing from the Western and fusion category to its menu. Soft darts and other pub games could be one of your amusing equipment. Chinese Malaysians and expats usually frequent this bar. Make sure to get a kick from the impressive Karaoke and live band performing here!!
Operating hours: Daily: 5:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Location: 75, Jalan Raja Ekram, Kampung Jawa, 30300 Ipoh
10. Euro HouseOne of the early gastropubs in Ipoh, Euro House is a perfect place to grab a drink while letting yourself loose to make the most of fun and entertainment. One can also watch live sports, shoot a game of pool, join the in-house Xbox competitions, or enjoy in the private karaoke rooms. Highly preferred by singles, this bar has a highly appreciating ambience and style. Serving a fine array of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, this dine-in and takeaway joint satisfies its customers with a humongous variety of Western food items.
Operating hours: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00 PM - 1:00 AM, Friday and Saturday: 3:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Location: 51, Jalan Hussein, Taman Jubilee, 30250 Ipoh
11. History BistrozHoused inside a traditional shophouse, History Bistroz is one of the popular bars in Ipoh. Including comfortable sofas, tables, and a Karaoke & sound system this bar also serves as a private and corporate events space. Game enthusiasts entertain themselves on electronic darts machines, pool tables, playing cards, and dice games. To add to its entertainment list, this place also displays a live telecast of sports. Beer-lovers usually crowd this place.
Opening hours: Sunday - Thursday: 3:30 PM - 1:00 AM, Friday and Saturday: 3:30 PM - 2:00 AM
Location: 36 & 38, Jalan Lau Ek Ching, Kampung Jawa, 30300 Ipoh
12. Viking Village Bar of Music
Viking Village Bar of Music located along Jalan Lau Ek Ching serves as a bistro, pub, and bar in Ipoh. True to its name, Viking Village Bar is a live music venue where nightly singers and DJs perform regularly. Customers are also free to sing Karaoke on stage outside of the performance. A place sourcing beer on tap, cocktails, and top-shelf spirits. This bar stays ideal for those who get a buzz out of drinks and entertainment.
Opening hours: Daily 5:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Location: 23 & 25, Jalan Lau Ek Ching, Kampung Jawa, 30300 Ipoh
13. Mansion Bistro & BarInstalled within a pre-war building, Mansion Bistro & Bar in Ipoh has an extensive array of Western and Japanese cuisines that accompany fusion-styled foods and grilled fish. There is also live music and pool tables available. This bistro hosts larger events and gatherings. This bar stands as a perfect wine and dine destination with your friends or romantic partners.
Operating hours: Daily 4:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Location: 34, 32, Jalan Lau Ek Ching, Kampung Jawa, 30300 Ipoh
14. Hashtag Bar & BistroHashtag Bar & Bistro is another nightclub in Ipoh holding karaoke and live band performances every night. Head on upstairs to hang out with your friends and get involved in dart boards and arcade games. On the ground level of this bar, live performers sing to their fullest content and entertain the revellers who love to get hooked on this loud music. Bottled beer, draught beer, and soft drinks lineup the long-serving table in this bistro.
Operating hours: Monday - Saturday: 6:00 PM - 2:00 AM, Closed on: Sunday
Location: 2-17, 2-17(A) Festival Walk @, Jalan Ipoh Permai, Jalan Medan Ipoh Bistari, 31400 Ipoh
15. Paradigm Cafe & BistroIf you are craving beer then make sure to pay a visit at the Paradigm Cafe & Bistro located at the Ipoh Greentown. The darts, pool tables, football live broadcast, and karaoke convert this bar into an immensely entertaining venue. Live singers perform every evening at this place. Paradigm cafe happily displaying Malaysian-style partying. Bottled and Draught beer pours at this so-called bistro in Ipoh. Most recommended spot for leisure and entertaining night out!!!
Opening hours: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 1:00 AM, Friday and Saturday: 5:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Location: Lot 35546, Ground Floor, 31450, Persiaran Greentown 11, Pusat Perdagangan Greentown, Ipoh
16. Madam WongMadam Wong is a brand new speakeasy in Ipoh with an oriental style. With a red theme, this bar exhibits Chinese antiques right from its entrance. This hidden family bar happily serves scrumptious cocktails like Madz Walked, Dragon Heart that is presented in old-fashioned rooster bowls, and Tropical Depression. Offering some exotic wine and rare liquor, this bar is the perfect chilling spot after a long day.
Opening hours: Sunday – Thursday: 4:00 PM - 1:00 AM, Friday, Saturday and public holidays: 4:00 PM – 3:00 AM
Location: 15-17 (1st Floor), Jalan Raja Ekram 30300 Ipoh, Perak
17. Tin Corner 39
Situated just off the Birch bridge in Ipoh’s old town, Tin Corner 39 overlooks the town streets. It is a must-visit relaxing zone after working for the entire day where you can grab on an extensive variety of beers and Bundaberg. This bar has some unique and creative seating options that are designed like a sewing machine.
Opening hours: Tuesday – Sunday: 12:00 PM – 11:00 PM, Monday: Closed
Location: Address : 39, Jalan Bijeh Timah, 30000 Ipoh