Here are the top 16 cafes and roasteries in Ipoh -
1. Burps & Giggles
With its interior decorated in bits and pieces along with beautiful paintings that cover the walls, Burps & Giggles gives you a bohemian kind of vibe. Situated right in the Old town of Ipoh, this coffee house is a stop-over destination for the tourists who can take a break from sightseeing and enjoy a cup of espresso, black and white coffee along with appreciating the amazing artworks here.
Location: 93-95, Jalan Sultan Yusof, 30000 Ipoh
Timings: Monday - Friday: 10:00AM - 6:00PM, Saturday - Sunday: 8:30AM - 8:00PM, Closed on: Tuesdays
2. Plan BA non-expensive coffee cafe in the Old town of Ipoh, Plan B serves fine quality artisanal coffee. Since red bricks, steel, and stone are used to decorate the interior, Plan B gives an industrial vibe to its visitors. This cosy and casual cafe also serves light breakfast and lunch. Gastronomists can also choose to gobble down pastries, cakes, sandwiches, and pasta at this cafe.
Location: No. 75, Jalan Panglima, 30000 Ipoh
Timings: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00AM - 10:00PM, Friday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 10:30PM
3. Espresso LabEspresso lab extensively serves an array of coffee sorts like Americanos, Lattes, and many more that are prepared using high-quality coffee beans. You can also finish off some delicious and highly appealing cakes and pastries. This venue is generally recognized as one of the best coffee cafes in Ipoh.
Location: 105, Jalan Canning Estate, Taman Canning, 31400 Ipoh
Timings: Monday - Saturday: 10:30AM - 6:30PM, Closed on: Sundays
4. Nam Heong White Coffee
Nam Heong is a must-visit place to try the perfect cup of Ipoh’s Old town white coffee. While exploring Ipoh, sightseers can step into this coffee house and have some heavy local breakfast. Gastronomists can opt for a variety of pastries and cakes along with other food items at Nam Heong.
Location: 2, Jalan Bandar Timah, 30000 Ipoh
Timings: Monday - Sunday - 7:00AM - 5:30PM
5. Jose & Deli Eatery
Hiding in a French hotel, Jose & Deli Eatery is a trendy cafe in the New town of Ipoh which is quite familiar as a perfect venue to hang out with friends and family. You can sip a cup of coffee in this pleasantly decorated cafe and also order a variety of Western, Fusion, Asian dishes. This classy and premium cafe impresses its food connoisseurs with mouth-watering pastries and cakes.
Location: 60-62, Jalan Datuk Onn Jaafar, Kampung Jawa, 30300 Ipoh
Timings: Monday - Sunday - 8:00AM - 10:00PM
6. Sin Yoon Loong
Standing strong for the past 80 years, Sin Yoon Loong has a good hold over white coffee in Ipoh. The coffee served here is accompanied by a highly inviting aroma and has a smooth and rich taste. Gluttons can also choose to consume soft-boiled eggs on toast, roast pork, wanton mee, and chee Cheong fan with curry.
Location: 15A, Jalan Bandar Timah, 30000 Ipoh
Timings: Monday - Sunday - 6:00AM - 2:30PM
7. Chang Jiang
This lovely Kopitiam housed inside a small bungalow serves a luscious and smooth white coffee which is topped with a film of foam for additional smoothness. Visitors can also choose to dine on noodle dishes with chicken feet, toast bread with kaya, minced meat noodles, and a variety of Chinese items at this coffee house. Coffee lovers can also purchase the 3-in-1 white coffee sachets available here.
Location: 7, Jalan Windsor, 30250 Ipoh
Timings: Monday - Sunday - 8:00AM - 6:00PM
8. Lim Ko PiLim Ko Pi means “drink coffee” according to the Hokkien dialect. This quaint Kopitiam is quite renowned for its instagrammable white coffee which has a smooth texture, sweetish taste, and an inviting aroma. Customers visiting this Kopitiam can also order some highly recommendable and excellent dishes like curry noodles, soft-boiled egg and kaya toast, garlic fried rice, mee jawa, and ice kachang.
Location: 10, Jalan Sultan Iskandar, 30000 Ipoh
Timings: Tuesday - Sunday - 8:00AM - 5:30PM, Closed on: Mondays
9. The Roquette Cafe
The Rouquette cafe in Ipoh is another cosy and relaxing venue that serves an amazing variety of coffee. Also, it includes comfortable seating options to enjoy a delicious brunch. The history of this place can be identified by glancing into the black and white photographs that firmly hang here. Next to Patisserie Boutique, this popular coffee spot has employed heedful staff that provides a good service along with tasty pastries and cakes.
Location: 101, Jalan Sultan Yusof, 31650 Ipoh
Timings: Tuesday – Thursday – 9:00AM – 6:00PM, Friday – Saturday – 9:00AM – 7:00PM, Sunday – 11:00AM – 5:00PM
10. Xin Xiang Er Nong
Xin Xiang Er Nong happily presents Ipoh white coffee which has the evaporated milk’s taste and a bit of sour brew. You can pair up this coffee with appetizers like Chap fun, kai see hor fun (Flat white rice noodles in a tasty prawn soup topped with spring onions and shredded chicken), and Curry mee (noodles and curry).
Location: 75, Jalan Tokong, Taman Hoover, 31650 Ipoh
Timings: Monday - Sunday - 6:00AM - 3:00PM
11. Six Half CoffeeSix Half Coffee cafe in Ipoh ensures a cosy environment apart from serving high-grade food and coffee options. This cafe, which is a bit costly, serves an array of well-crafted coffee like Piccolo Latte, Double Ristretto, and Frambie Moccacino along with hogging options like desserts, cakes, and some western cuisines. Featuring a modern designed interior from the walls to its serving counter, this cafe is an elegant place to sip on a cup of coffee.
Location: No. 5A, Pusat Perdagangan Canning 2, Pusat Perdagangan, Lorong Canning, 31400 Ipoh
Timings: Friday - Wednesday - 9:00AM - 6:30PM, Closed on: Thursday
12. Old Town White Coffee
Another destination in Ipoh that is immensely popular for its white coffee is the Old Town White Coffee. This cafeteria not only energizes its coffee addicts with its white coffee but also provides Malaysian and Asian nosh for its food connoisseurs during lunch, brunch, and dinner hours. The relaxing seating options, free Wi-Fi, professional and attentive staff along wheelchair accessibility are factors that make a hit on both the tourists and the locals.
Location: Jalan Greentown Suite 2 and 2A, Ipoh 30450
Timings: Monday - Sunday - 8:00PM - 12:00PM
13. Addon White Coffee IpohOne of the budding coffee shops in the Old town of Ipoh serving white coffee, Addon White Coffee also makes room for halal food and generally operates for a longer time than its competitors. Excellent and sizable grubs like Nasi Lemak, Nasi goreng, and Beef noodle soup along with a fabulous selection of coffee accompanied with a pleasing ambience captivate the gourmands.
Location: 64, Jalan Raja Ekram, Kampung Jawa, 30450 Ipoh
Timings: Monday - Sunday - 10:00AM - 12:00AM
14. Moon De MoonReplete with customers even early morning, Moon De Moon is another place to swing by for that perfect and instagrammable cup of white coffee in Ipoh. This is an inexpensive coffee house where scrumptious local dishes are served which are equally popular amongst both the tourists and the natives. Diners can choose to feed themselves with Chee Cheong fun, Kai si hor fun, Curry mee which are the major food highlights of this eating venue.
Location: 148, Hala Wah Keong, Taman Mirindi, 31400 Ipoh
Timings: Wednesday - Sunday - 7:00AM - 1:00PM, Closed on: Mondays and Tuesdays
15. Restoran Sin Lean Lee
Restoran Sin Lean Lee is a plain Kopitiam serving an amazing and strong white coffee where coffee lovers can order for both hot or icy coffee. Golden char kuay teow, flat noodles fried with beansprouts, shrimp or cockles, and egg are some of the most preferred foodstuffs here at Restoran Sin Lean Lee.
Location: 15, Jalan Panglima, 30000 Ipoh
Timings: Wednesday - Monday - 6:00AM - 2:00PM, Closed on: Tuesdays
16. Aneka Selera Restaurant Kam WanAt this eatery, excellent white coffee and local food accompanied with appetizing seafood are happily presented in front of its feasters. The white coffee served here is quite strong and has an adequate amount of milk which makes you ignore the bitterness of this coffee. Chee Cheong fun, Claypot chicken rice, and Popiah fall into the category of some of the strongly suggested grubs of this eatery. This place gets heavily crowded during the night hours.
Location: Taman Canning, 31400 IpohSo, whenever you pop over to Ipoh make sure to step into any one or more of the above-listed cafes and roasteries.
Timings: Monday - Sunday - 1:30PM - 10:30PM