Here are the 19 best vegetarian restaurants in Ipoh:
1. Fu Tien Vegetarian RestaurantXin Fu Tein or “vegetarian heaven” is a treat to all the vegetarians in Ipoh as it serves vegetable-based grub, vegetarian Chinese, Asian cuisine, veggie tuna sushi, futomaki, and a variety of salads. Vegetarian sushi falls into the most ordered category of this eatery. Having a cosy ambience and reasonable cost, this restaurant in spite of being far from Central Ipoh stays frequented during lunch and dinner hours.
Operating hours: 11:30 AM to 2:45 PM and 6 PM to 9:45 PM, Closed on: Mondays
Location: 34, Jalan Medan Ipoh 1B, Medan Ipoh Bistari, 31400 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Golden Dragon roll, sushi, fried bean, and soup mee hoon
2. Vegan Delights CafeCaptivating its gourmands with Asian and Western vegan foods, healthy drinks, and desserts, Vegan Delights Cafe in Ipoh is one of the most famous vegetarian restaurants. You can expect fast service and a relaxing ambience. Providing ample parking areas and a healthy environment to its customers, this eatery is another go-to spot in Ipoh.
Operating hours: 11:30 AM - 2:24 PM and 6:00 PM - 8:45 PM, Closed on: Wednesday
Location: No. 12, Jalan Raja Permaisuri Bainun, 30250 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Tofu salad, Blueberry cake, Lemongrass tea, and Pandan cake.
3. YishensuA perfect destination for a romantic evening, Yishensu serves Chinese vegetarian food along with some other signature dishes. Located a few shops away from the Vegan Delights cafe, Yishensu caters an amazing dining experience owing to its attentive staff and old melodies that are played in the background.
Operating Hours: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Closed on: Tuesday
Location: 19-21, Jalan Medan Ipoh 6, Bandar Baru Medan Ipoh, 31400 Ipoh Baru
Must-try dishes: Satay, Rendang, and Tofu.
4. Vegan Life
Attractively furnished with a great ambience, Vegan Life Restaurant in Ipoh uniquely presents a good portion of palatable food. Mouth-watering rice dishes, a variety of noodles, Western dishes, and some fresh juices fill the menu of this fast-food place. Here, organic vegetables are fused to create some wonderful dishes that categorically exclude garlic and onion. Hence, Jain visitors in Ipoh are highly recommended to visit this restaurant.
Operating hours: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM and from 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM, Closed on: Tuesday
Location: 25, Jalan Medan Ipoh 7, Taman Ipoh Timur, 31400 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Porridge, Bak Kut Teh, and Green curry.
5. Thin Hei VegetarianAlong Jalan Dass road is the Thin Hei restaurant serving a wide range of both vegetarian and vegan foods. This place is known for its delectable Chinese, Malaysian, and mock meat grub. If you are looking for a comfortable place to enjoy yummy lunch or dinner then make sure to swing by this place.
Operating hours: Daily 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM and from 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Location: 22, Jalan Dass, Kampung Jawa, 30300 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Mushrooms, Clay pot vegetables with tofu
6. Jiu Jiu Fu LamakJiu Jiu Fu Lamak is a vegetarian eatery in Ipoh opposite Yishensu known for vegan-friendly Chinese, Malaysian, and other Asian cuisines. Lip-smacking foods like salted fish bean sprouts, stir-fried are available here. This place that is much talked about impresses its customers with an air-conditioned ambience and grabs their attention by appropriately pricing its dishes.
Operating hours: 11 AM to 2:30 PM and again from 5:30 PM to 9 PM, Closed on: Thursday
Location: 10, Jalan Medan Ipoh 6, Bandar Baru Medan Ipoh, 31400 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Spring rolls, Veg sushi
7. Home Recipe
Noshers can enjoy a variety of Asian and Western cuisines following fresh juice in this Home Recipe restaurant. This vegan food joint in Ipoh nurtures its customers with a comfortable ambience and delicious food. Well-air conditioned and moderately priced dishes exerts influence on its walk-ins.
Operating hours: Sunday - Thursday: 11:45 AM - 2:30 PM and 5:45 PM - 8:30 PM
Location: 5, Jalan Medan Ipoh 1D, Medan Ipoh Bistari, 31400 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Clay pot noodles, Fried tofu, Pizza, Fried dumplings, Green curry noodles, and Tom yam fried rice.
8. Krishna BhawanKrishna Bhawan is an Indian restaurant in Ipoh presenting buffet-style Indian food that includes dishes like the most-popular Dosa (South-Indian pancake). Located close by to the railway station, Masjid Negara, and the Birch Memorial Clock Tower in Ipoh, Krishna Bhawan attracts its gourmands at affordable prices. Captivating its customers with a variety of Dosas, snacks, idlis, and lunch and breakfast sets, this place is considered one of the best vegetarian restaurants in Ipoh. South-Indian food lovers should definitely visit this place!!!
Operating hours: Thursday - Tuesday :- 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM, Closed on: Wednesday
Location: 8, Jalan Lahat, 30200 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Dosa and Idli
9. GB Vegetarian Burger
GB Vegetarian Burger caters to a delicious selection of vegetarian fast food in Ipoh. This burger joint is well-known for vegetarian burgers. Since this place stays crowded usually, you can also choose to order food online.
Operating hours: Daily 3 PM to 12 AM, Closed on: Wednesday
Location: 790, Lorong Bercham 2, Kampung Bercham, 31400 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: All burgers and Tortilla wrap.
10. 18C Tea CafeNot a strict vegetarian food venue, but 18CTEA feeds its vegetarian customers with some tasty snacks. Reputed for its bubble tea, 18CTEA also serves mouth-watering waffles, tea, coffee, and some Taiwanese snacks. Other than placing an order at the main cafe, gastronauts can also order food online. Free Wi-Fi, colourful interiors, and ample space grab the attention of its customers.
Operating hours: Monday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Location: No.38, Jalan Yang Kalsom, Taman Jubilee, 30250 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Bubble tea and Carbonara spaghetti
11. Yun Ji Vegetarian
Along with Jalan Dass and Nearby Thin Hei hotel is the Yun Ji vegetarian restaurant in Ipoh catering to the gourmets with a variety of foodstuff at affordable prices. The menu of this restaurant brims with Chinese style fried rice, noodles, delicious rice dishes, and vegetable-based dishes. Yun Ji restaurant welcomes its customers by maintaining a healthy and clean environment.
Operating hours: Daily 10:30 PM - 2:30 PM and 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM, Closed on: Monday
Location: 36, Jalan Dass, Kampung Jawa, 30300 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Dumpling soup and Fried sang mee
12. Shri Anand Bhawan RestaurantA restaurant that is not entirely vegetarian, but serves Indian and Asian cuisines with vegetarian and vegan-based options. This eating place often gets crowded during lunch, dinner, and breakfast hours. Shri Anand Bhawan is very popular for its South-Indian dishes like Idli, fluffy dosas, lip-smacking and colourful chutneys; not to miss the refreshing coffee. Delicious sweets and desserts complete your meal. With a lively staff that is always ready to help and a homely ambience, this hotel has become one of the most popular food-joints in Ipoh.
Operating hours: Daily 7:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Location: 7, Persiaran Bandar Timah, 31650 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Mango lassi
13. Tirupathi VilasTirupathi Villas is a restaurant in Little India, Ipoh serving Indian cuisines like biryani, noodles, rice dishes, and set meals. Lassi, coffee, tea, and other soft drinks are also available here. Proper ventilation and a spacious environment please the customers arriving here.
Operating hours: Daily 7:00 AM - 10:30 PM
Location: Jalan Sultan Yusof, 30000 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Noodles and lassi
14. Restoran Moga PunjabAnother popular restaurant in Little India at Ipoh, Restoran Moga Punjab is a small but popular hogging joint that is well-known for its parathas, freshly prepared fluffy chapatis, and tempting beverages. This authentic Punjabi eatery captivates many besides its Punjabi gourmands. Do not miss the gulab jamuns here !!!
Operating hours: Daily 9:00 AM - 9:30 PM
Location: 12, Jalan Lahat, 31650 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Samosa with curry potato, mango lassi, and paratha.
15. Chow Yang Vegetarian
Resembling many other Chinese restaurants, Chow Yang in Ipoh allures its customers with savouring Chinese dishes. It serves huge portions for affordable prices. This air-conditioned and spacious restaurant also hosts special occasions like wedding anniversaries, weddings, festivals, funeral gatherings, and company dinners.
Operating hours: 10:45 AM - 2:30 PM and 5:45 PM - 9:30 PM
Location: 198, Jalan Bercham, Taman Ria, 31400 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Noodles
16. Seong ManIf you're hunting for Chinese tea, then you should definitely pop into this tea house called “Seong Man”. Located near the Mural art’s lane in Ipoh’s new town, Seong Man happily serves some toothsome tea, desserts, and vegetarian meals. Furnished with wooden antiques, this teahouse features oriental traditional art, crafts, and culture of Asia through its art exhibitions and cultural events. The ambience of this teahouse warmly invites its customers. So, next time you visit Ipoh make sure to visit Seong Man and enjoy every sip of your tea while appreciating the antiques and displays here.
Operating hours: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Thursday - Friday: 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM, Closed on: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
Location: 124, Jalan Sultan Iskandar, Taman Jubilee, 30000 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Chinese tea
17. Sin Meng Kee VegetarianSing Mee Kee has a self-serve buffet style setting where mixed vegetable dishes, tofu and mock-meat, rice, and fried noodles are available. Plastic stools and tables are the seating options available here. Sing Mee Kee is a highly affordable vegetarian restaurant in Ipoh.
Operating hours: Daily 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Location: 34, Jalan Datuk Onn Jaafar, Taman Jubilee, 30300 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Vegetarian roast goose
18. Fung Lai VegetarianSituated right in the Ipoh’s new town, Fung Lai Vegetarian features a variety of vegetarian Chinese food. A self-service style buffet is available here where the hotel staff serves various vegetable dishes and mock meat. Also, customers are expected to pay by the amount of food taken by them.
Operating hours: Daily 11:00 AM - 3:30 PM, Closed on: Sunday
Location: 13, Jalan Leong Sin Nam, Kampung Jawa, 30300 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Mock meat
19. Loving Hut Ipoh
Loving Hut has a menu list filled with Western cuisines, rice, noodles, vegetable-friendly dishes, and light snacks. This fast-food outlet serves an array of famous vegan dishes Chinese food, burgers, nuggets, and beverages. The simple decor and attentive as well as the lively staff here captivates many tourists and gourmets.
Operating hours: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM and from 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM, Sunday: 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Location: Loving Hut Cafe, 135, Jalan Raja Perempuan Mazwin, Desa Rishah, 30100 Ipoh
Must-try dishes: Nuggets and burgers
You don’t have to really struggle to find a vegetarian restaurant in Ipoh. If you’re a non-meat eater who’s on a trip to Ipoh then make sure to hit one or more of this zesty vegan and vegetarian restaurants.