Here are 12 best cafes in Ipoh to enjoy a lovely evening sipping your favorite cup of coffee complemented with a perfect snack:
1. Chang Jiang White Coffee
If you are spending some time in Jalan Windsor, do not miss visiting Chang Jiang White Coffee for their famous white coffee. Chang Jiang White Coffee Cafe is located on Jalan Windsor and is housed within a beautifully renovated, single-story bungalow from the 1960s era. The vintage charm of the bungalow serves as an ideal backdrop for a warm and inviting atmosphere within the cafe. You can enjoy refreshments in the cozy indoor seating area or the serene outdoor space surrounded by lush greenery. The cafe specializes in serving exquisite white coffee, which is a popular beverage in Malaysia. The aromatic and creamy coffee is prepared using a unique recipe that blends both coffee beans and margarine. Chang Jiang White Coffee cafe also offers a variety of teas, pastries, and light bites.
Address - 7, Jalan Windsor, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Tel: 05 253 8896
Timings - 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
2. Plan BA go-to local joint in Ipoh Old Town, Plan B is a laidback and friendly café made up of earthy tones, brick walls, and a glass roof. This is a perfect setting for a weekend getaway on a casual brunch accompanied by a healthy crowd. They have separate sections housing tables for one, table for two, and also lengthy tables to accommodate a large crowd. Its menu is extensive offering a lot more sandwiches, burgers, fries, and cakes than most cafes in Ipoh.
Opening Hours: 11 AM to 10 PM (Closed on Tuesday)
Location: No. 75, Jalan Panglima, 30000 Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 5-249 8286
Cost: RM 10 – RM 25
3. Greentown Dimsum Café
Greentown Dimsum Café is a Halal-certified restaurant serving some of the tastiest dim sums around while adhering to Islamic dietary laws. GreenTown Dimsum Café's menu also features other mouth-watering Halal Chinese Muslim dishes, including Ban Mian and Wantan Noodles. At Greentown Dimsum Café, you'll find a variety of delectable dishes that go beyond just their famous Halal dim sum. You can try the refreshing Lemon Tea, Milk Tea or White Coffee Ice in beverages. If you're in the mood for some tasty fried rice, you're in luck! Try the Har Kow, Siew Mai, durian pau, chempedak pau, and salted egg yolk pau.
4. Konda Kondi Cafe & Bistro
If you want something chic and quirky, Konda Kondi Cafe & Bistro in Malaysia is the best option. There is a sidewalk patio area where you can enjoy your meals amidst the lively surroundings; for those seeking a quieter ambiance, an upstairs dining area can be accessed through the staircase next to the side entrance. You can start with the cold apple mint with the right amount of pulp and mint combination. Next must-try is the Nachos El Capitan with white cheddar and tons of queso and paprika. If you are an ardent admirer of meatballs, then the creamy meatballs with paprika sauce will steal the show.
Address - 183, Jalan Sultan Idris Shah, 30000 Ipoh, Perak.
Timings - 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM (Closed: Tuesday)
5. Kedai Kopi Sin Yoon Loong
Back in 1937, Wong and his brother Wong Poh Ting established a classic Hainanese coffee shop named 'Kedai Kopi Sin Yoon Loong' in the historical district of Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia. This establishment has stood the test of time and is considered one of the oldest traditional coffee shops in the area. There is also the Chinese sponge cakes and other local delicacies that customers have enjoyed for generations. To get the best white coffee in town, rush to Kedai Kopi Sin Yoon Loong in Ipoh for this unforgettable coffee experience. It would be best to try the fried carrot cake and the house-made caramel for a perfect day.
Address - 15A, Jalan Bandar Timah, 30000 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
6. Nifayyi Warung & Kafe
Nifayyi Warung & Kafe is ideal for spending a lazy evening in the heart of Ipoh with a unique fine dining experience. From the wide range of menus, you can start the gastronomy experience with the famous Salted Egg Yolk Chicken rice with Nasi Ayam Bakar, the roasted whole chicken leg with the signature spicy sambals. You can also try the Nais Ayam Penyet and Nasi Ikan Bawal Penyet. There is a lot on the western menu, including Burger- Beefy Jack, Grill Chicken Chop, Char Grill CHicken Chop Spaghetti, and more. Don't forget to have some Cincau juice before leaving your table.
Address - No. 77, Jalan Kamaruddin Isa, Taman Fair Park, 31400, Ipoh, Perak
Timings - 12:00 PM - 11:30 PM (Monday until Sunday)
7. Padi House
With the warm and welcoming ambiance, Padi House provides a comfortable and cozy environment for diners to enjoy delicious Malaysian cuisine. The menu is a fusion of local and international cuisine, focusing on Malaysian flavors. Its most popular dishes include Nasi Lemak, Char Kuey Teow, Chicken Rice, and Curry Laksa. The popular must-try items at Padi House include Thai Style Fried Rice with Fried Chicken and Egg, Tomato Spaghetti with Chicken Fillet, and Padi Chicken Chop Rice. Padi meal boxes are also available for a delicious lunch.
Address - Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Timings - 08:30 AM to 11:30 PM
8. STG Tea House Cafe
Indulge in a fine dining experience at this beautiful heritage bungalow restaurant, STG Tea House Cafe. The heritage bungalow showcases the culture and architectural excellence of Malaysia. Additionally, the restaurant offers breathtaking scenery at night, making it an ideal spot for a romantic or peaceful dinner on a full moon night. One dish you absolutely must try is the Tea Smoked Chicken, which tantalizes your taste buds with its perfect balance of sweetness and smoky flavor. The chicken is incredibly tender and juicy, leaving you craving for more. There is also the Orange Chicken, which is enjoyable for adults and a hit with children. The special must-try items are Spice-rubbed roasted chicken Breast, Jumbo Platter, and Curry Laksa.
Address - 2, Jalan Taman Kinta, Taman Château, Ipoh , Perak 30250
Contact No. - 05-255 0116
Timings - Monday to Sunday - 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
9. De Bois Cafe
Enjoy the amalgamation of a perfect American palette ingested with the proper Asian flavors at the De Bois Cafe. The French word De Bois means wood, and once you enter the space, you can understand why it is called so. From the fragrant spices to the colorful presentation, De Bois offers an immersive dining experience that will leave you craving more. The Malaysian roots remain intact at the De Bois Cafe. You can try the famous Smokey duck, the best-selling dish. There is also Grilled Lamb, tasty Chicken Chop, and Butter Rice to compliment your hunger. There are a lot of choices in pasta as well. Like the Sapore Di Mare pasta, Smoked Duck Olio, and Seafood Marinara Pasta. Do not forget to enjoy the Cake of the day for a perfect ending.
Timings - Monday - Saturday from 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Address - 203, Jln Sultan Nazrin Shah, Kampung Melayu Sungai Rapat, 30250 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
10. A Jie Cafe
To experience Malaysia's local vibe and ethos, A Jie Cafe will be the best suit. Founded in 2015 by Mr. Jie, the vision was to create a cafe that offered great food and drinks and a peep into Malaysian culture and lifestyle. You can notice the cafe is decorated with hanging plants, vintage furniture, and warm lighting, making it an ideal spot for a relaxing day out. A Jie Cafe's menu is a fusion of Asian and Western cuisine. The must-try dishes at A Jie Cafe include their signature crispy waffles and delicious pan-seared salmon. You can also try the Kaya and Butter toast with some soft-boiled egg. Traditional Nasi Lemak, Curry Chicken Glutinous Rice, and Chee Cheong Fun are also available.
Address: 61, Persiaran Tokong, Taman Hoover, 31650 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Tel: +6012 527 6771
TImings - 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM (Mondays closed)
11. Shake & Bake Cafe
The pastry lover in you will find its best home in Ipoh's famous Shake & Bake Cafe in the city's heart. The major attraction is the exceptionally flavorsome cakes, bread, and western dessert, nothing available elsewhere in Malaysia. Start your food journey with Curry French, Grilled Beef English Muffin, or freshly prepared Mushroom Chicken Sourdough. In beverages, there are You're the One, Pomegranate Fruit Tea, Americano, or the Earl Grey Tea. Open the cake menu and order as much sweetness as you want, ranging from Tiramisu, Chocolate Galore, and Summer party to Summer Customized Cupcakes. If you still have some hunger left, try the 90's fusion like Rendang Beef Don, Mushroom Beef Alfredo, and Satay Chicken Don.
Address - 14, Jalan Raja Dr. Nazrin Shah, 30250 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
Contact No - +6017-408 3833
12. STG Ipoh Old Town
The tea lover in you will surely fall in love with the beautiful tea collection at STG or the Sabah Tea Garden eatery. The wide range of collections includes Lemongrass Sabah Tea, Pandan Sabah Tea, Misai Kucing Sabah Tea, Jasmine Flower Tea, Snow Daisy Sabah Tea, and more. If you don't want to make a mistake while choosing your kind of tea, you can take a sniff from the tea tins from the samples and make a more informed choice. Definitely try the Kebabs with cheese, halal deli meat, croutons, and tomato. The cracker with cream cheese and salmon is a must to try. You can try the truffles with rich dark chocolate and a flavor infusion in the dessert. The sakura mousse cake with cherry flavor is the showstopper of STG Ipoh Old Town.
Address - 18-20, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, 30000 Ipoh, Perak
TImings - 12:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Alcohol Served: Yes
13. Lim Ko Pi
Whether you're a coffee connoisseur or just looking for a place to grab a quick bite, Lim Kopi Ipoh is the perfect destination. This cozy café is the perfect place to enjoy coffee and savor traditional Malaysian Kopitiam treats. Start experiencing Lim Kopi with their signature Nanyang Kopi 98, made from locally sourced and freshly ground coffee beans from Ipoh. Next is the tasty Triple Meat Curry Noodle with the home flavors of Lim Kopi curry soup that won't leave your taste buds for the longest time. Do not miss the other show stoppers of Lim Ko Pi like the Pumpkin Custard Pao, Savoury Mantao, Hokkien Prawn Noodle, Black Sesame Pao, and the creamy soft Butter cake.
Address - 10 Jalan Sultan Iskandar 30000 Ipoh Perak
TEL - +60 5 253 2898
Timings - 8:00 PM - 4:00 PM (CLOSED ON MONDAYS)
14. Purple Moon LoverThis famous stylish eatery in Ipoh is an expert in selling Japanese bakery items and desserts. The café has a bright and airy contemporary outlook with a unique lush green ceiling, wooden seating, and interesting decors. The menu majorly comprises of Japanese items with a lot of cakes and pastries on display. You can have a taste of their Chocolate Mousse Cake and Green Tea Cream Puff. It can get extremely crowded during peak hours!
Opening Hours: 10 AM to 9 PM
Location: 53, Jalan Lee Kwee Foh, Taman Canning, 31400 Ipoh, Negeri Perak, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 5-547 6328
Cost: Starts at RM 3.5
15. Thumb’s CaféServing a mixture of Western and Malay food, this hangout spot is set on a heritage building with an old school charm and ambiance. The floral print sofas, wall murals, floor mats, and cushions all offer the same nostalgic vibe taking you back to the former times. This is also a Halal joint offering pork-free food to plenty of Muslim customers. The best option would be their handmade specials beef meatballs, and grilled chicken chops. Note that this Café can get packed up after about 8 pm.
Opening Hours: 6 PM to 1 AM, Closed on Tuesday
Location: 133, Jalan Sultan Abdul Jalil, 30000 Ipoh, Negeri Perak, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 19-614 6618
16. Patisserie Boutique (Pastry’s Shop)This is a popular Café in Ipoh serving a list of unique handcrafted pastries, pasta, and baked goods prepared using their special homemade recipes. They are an expert in creating seasonal cakes like Lychee matcha pavlova, caramelized nutty Nutella cake, burnt cheesecake, oatmeal cakes, and a lot more. Their beverage list includes Iced Tea, Cappuccino, Iced Earl Grey Latte, and others. The café flaunts a classic black and white décor with a Parisian theme. Try out their seafood pasta, dutch baby pancakes, and jacket potatoes – a specialty! Note that this café can get crowded on Friday and weekends.
Opening Hours: 11 AM to 6 PM, Closed on Wednesday
Location: 103, Jalan Sultan Yusof, 30000 Ipoh, Negeri Perak, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 5-241 1385
Cost: Starts at RM 10
17. Happy 8 Retreat CaféLocated in the heart of this heritage town, Happy 8 Retreat Cafe is an artistic boutique-style cafe in Ipoh with a pre-war theme and ambiance. With beautiful bamboo and wooden interiors, this cozy quaint cafe serves a list of Western, Malay, Chinese, and Indian cuisines and snacks all at reasonable prices. Apart from being a cafe, it is also a hotel with 12 small rooms on the second floor for those looking out for a place to stay or relax.
Location: 46, Jalan Market, 30000 Ipoh, Negeri Perak, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 5-243 8388
Cost: Starts at RM 8
18. Bareeseta Coffee House & CaféPerfect for a brunch or breakfast, Bareeseta Coffee House serves the best coffee and cuisine for those craving an appetizing adventure. They have a pleasant vibe and interesting decors with unique fruit-themed coasters. Popular breakfast choices include Egg Benedict, Chicken Sausage Croissant, Potato hash with bacon tortilla, and other pasta varieties. Cheesecakes, pancakes, waffles are a sweet delight!
Opening Hours: 9 AM to 6 PM, Closed on Tuesday
Location: 29, Jalan Market, 30000 Ipoh, Negeri Perak, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 16-433 2626
19. Marketplace Waffle Bar & CakeLocated in a street corner, this French-themed café is a perfect spot for a relaxed evening. One of the popular waffle houses in Ipoh, this place offers the most delicious and chocolaty waffle experience. Pasta, salads, snacks, and pancakes top their menu. Other breakfasts and brunch varieties include egg benedict and smoked salmon with a list of refreshing beverages.
Opening Hours: 12 PM to 10 PM (Monday to Thursday), 11 AM to 10 PM (Friday to Sunday)
Location: 13, Jalan Market, 30000 Ipoh, Negeri Perak, Malaysia
Telephone: +60 10-228 4350
For all those having a sweet tooth, these cafes in Ipoh are a perfect blend of coffee, culture, and dessert to spend a memorable relaxed evening with your loved ones!