Here are the top nightlife spots in Ipoh -
Bars, pubs, and nightclubs in Ipoh
1. Bricks and BarrelsProviding its alkies with a great drinking ambience, Bricks and Barrels has a gastro bar and beer garden that is frequented by both the locals and the backpackers. One of the trendiest pubs and gastro bars of Ipoh, Bricks and Barrels serves amazing and refreshing drinks that make you forget your weary day. This drinking establishment is a great venue for a cocktail, corporate, and birthday parties.
Address: 28-30, Jalan Lau Ek Ching, Kampung Jawa, 30300 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Opening hours: Tuesday - Sunday - 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Closed on: Monday
2. Atas Speakeasy BarA place where cocktails flow, Atas Speakeasy bar in Ipoh is the best place to hang out at night. This is certainly the perfect venue for classy booze and toothsome food. This cocktail lounge is a cozy bar filled with a homey vibe that transports you to the jazzy 1920s owing to its music and walls that are decorated with Classical art deco and tropical paintings. So, Atas Speakeasy is a venue to have great conversations while playing some interesting board games.
Address: 183a, Jalan Sultan Idris Shah, Taman Jubilee, 30000 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Opening hours: Sunday - Monday and Wednesday - Thursday - 6:00 PM - 1:00 AM, Friday - Saturday - 6:00 PM - 2:00 AM, Closed on: Tuesday
3. Healy Mac’s Irish BarHealy Mac's Irish Bar and Restaurant is an Irish themed bar in Ipoh that has made provisions for regional and imported fresh beers. The dining ambience at Healy Mac’s flaunts a Semi-Alfresco seating arrangement. Giving an Irish feel and comfort, Healy Mac’s is a place to have quality conversations while sipping your refreshing drinks.
Address: Ground Floor, 2, Persiaran Greentown 4, Greentown Avenue, 30450 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Opening hours: Sunday - Thursday - 12:00 PM - 1:00 AM, Friday and Saturday - 12:00 PM - 2:00 AM
4. Berlin’s Bier Houz IpohFrequented due to its alluring coffee and indulging drinks, Berlin’s Bier Houz interestingly serves cocktails, mocktails, and liquor in half-a-pint, full pints, and in bottles. Presenting the finest sorts of German beer to its consumers, this barroom is also well-known for foodstuffs like German roast pork, Pan-seared barramundi, Pork burger with cheese, German pork knuckle, and spicy paella. This place has comfortable wooden seating arrangements.
Address: 12, Persiaran Greentown 4, Pusat Perdagangan Greentown, 30450 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Opening hours: Monday - Thursday - 12:00 PM - 12:00 AM, Friday and Saturday - 12:00 PM - 2:00 AM, Sunday - 12:00 PM - 1:00 AM
5. Euro House IpohLocated right in the heart of Ipoh, Euro House is a place to enjoy games, live music performances, and karaoke along with a glass of chilled beer. At Euro House, draught and bottled beers, wines, and liquor is supplied. Highly preferred by singles, this bar has a wonderful ambience and style. Serving a fine array of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, this dine-in and takeaway joint satisfies its customers with a huge variety of Western food items.
Address: 51, Jalan Hussein, Taman Jubilee, 30250 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Opening hours: Sunday - Thursday - 3:00 PM - 1:00 AM, Friday and Saturday - 3:00 PM - 2:00 AM
6. History Bistroz IpohGiving a historical kind of vibe, History Bistroz is a popular nightlife spot in Ipoh where the customers are served with some amazing foodstuffs along with some thirst-quenching drinks. Well-equipped with karaoke, sound system and comfortable sofas and tables, this place is a perfect venue to throw private and corporate parties. There are also electronic darts machine, pool table, and cards and dice game. This place also offers a sports enthusiast with a live telecast of “All Sports” from every corner of the barrow.
Address: 36 & 38, Jalan Lau Ek Ching, Kampung Jawa, 30300 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Opening hours: Sunday - Thursday - 3:30 PM - 1:00 AM, Friday and Saturday - 3:30 PM - 2:00 AM
Rooftop Bars in Ipoh
7. MU Hotel Rooftop barOccupying the 7th floor of MU Hotel is the MU rooftop bar. The welcoming ambience at this cozy drinkery is the result of some great lights, soft music, and comfortable seating arrangements. From Western drinks to Asian drinks, from wines to fruit juices, the menu here is designed to be all-inclusive. Mongolian beef tarts, Malaysian sardine tarts, and Mama Mia Margherita are the most recommended foodstuffs from the huge food selection available here.
Address: Level R, 18, Jalan Chung On Siew, Taman Jubilee, 30250 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Opening hours: Monday - Sunday - 5:00 PM - 1:00 AM
8. The Deck GastrobarHead towards the 13th level of WEIL Hotel to enjoy a breathtaking view of Ipoh at The Deck Gastrobar. Including an outdoor pool and gazebos, this place is the perfect romantic venue for all couples. Having an industrial contemporary interior, this gastro bar has some couches and chairs where one can sit and take joy from the beautiful skyline outside. Serving a wide selection of food and drinks, this gastro bar is a bit expensive but the service and environment are all worth it. This place also provides an option of Alfresco dining at the deck by the hotel’s infinity pool.
Address: 292, Jalan Sultan Idris Shah, 30000 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Operating hours: Thursday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Closed: Sunday - Wednesday
9. Kinta Riverfront IpohKinta Riverfront in Ipoh is the perfect place to hang out in the evening and relax after a weary day. Replete with food stalls, the riverfront also has some stores selling skateboards, bicycles, and other sports equipment. This romantic riverfront venue has trees planted along its riverbanks that are laden with bright LED lights which give one a great sense of happiness while strolling around. The riverfront gets jam-packed during the weekends when live bands or events like the “Ipoh Food Festival” are conducted.
Location: Jalan Lim Bo Seng, 3000 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
10. Bulatan Amanjaya or Meru Raya ParkThe biggest roundabout in Ipoh, Bulatan Amanjaya, or Meru Raya Park is a popular spot amongst the natives of Ipoh that is a few metres away from Ipoh town. The humongous space at this park is used for recreation activities like jogging, stage events, kid's playground, and cycling. A waterpark is also present in Meru Raya Park which is one of the reasons for the park to get over-crowded during the weekdays as well as weekends.
Location: Bandar Meru Raya, 31250 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Open Timings: Open for 24 hours (Daily)
11. Gerbang Malam Night MarketOne of the top markets enjoying the centre location of Ipoh city, Gerbang Malam Night Market has abundant stores selling clothing, belts, shoes, cosmetics, toys, and a lot more. Set up in 2003, this market has been continuously operating every night. A much larger and notable night market as compared to the others, Gerbang Malam also houses popular eateries and nightclubs.
Location: Jalan Dato Tahwil Azar, Taman Jubilee, 30300 Ipoh, Perak, MalaysiaThere are truly a variety of places for you to explore and appreciate the nightlife of Ipoh. So, whenever you plan a visit to Ipoh make sure to include the above-listed places and activities in your to-do list.
Operating hours: 6:00 PM - 12:00 AM (Daily)