Here are 12 restaurants and eateries serving top-notch Halal food in Ipoh:
1. Pakeeza RestaurantSpecializing in North Indian cuisine, this is a Halal certified family restaurant in Ipoh serving delicious and spicy, pork-free Indian and Pakistani food. Their garlic and Kashmiri Naans, punchy buttered boneless chicken, and their Mutton Vindaloo are a perfect blend of Indian spices available at affordable rates. They also have beef and mutton Biryani meal sets served with thick curry. Don’t forget to taste their famous Kashmiri Tea at just RM 4.5!
Opening Hours: 11 AM to 3 PM, 6 PM to 10:30 PMLocation: 15-17 Jalan Dato Seri Ahmad Said, 30300 Ipoh, Perak, MalaysiaTelephone: +60 5-241 4243Must-try: Tandoori Chicken, Garlic naan, Kashmiri Tea
2. Restoran Assam HouseAn explicit hub of Asian cuisine, this is a popular restaurant serving great Halal food that once started out as a small outlet in Ipoh. Famous for its original recipe, this joint has attracted many local and international visitors for its trademark Curry Assam fish head (a popular crowd favorite), and Nyonya lucky platter. Rendang Chicken, green chili grouper fish block, and pandan leaf chicken are their other pure delights at affordable rates. Visit this place for a casual dining experience!
Opening Hours: 11:30 AM to 3 PM (Tuesday - Sunday), 5:30 PM to 10 PM, Closed on MondaysLocation: 29, Persiaran Greentown 4, Greentown Business center, 30450 Ipoh, Perak,MalaysiaTelephone: +60 5-243 7851Must-try: Curry Assam Fish Head, Nyonya Lucky Platter
3. Thumb’s CafeThis is a typical Halal joint often found with many Muslim customers that serves a mixture of Western and Malaysian local delicacies. Set in a container like heritage building, this is indeed the first Halal Café in Ipoh giving out an old and vintage vibe with antique decors and recycled materials. Nasi gorengs, fried chicken chops, lamb chops, and beef meatballs are popular choices. Please note that this cafe can get very much packed up after about 8 pm.
Opening Hours: 6 PM to 1 AM, Closed on TuesdaysLocation: 133, Jalan Sultan Abdul Jalil, 30000 Ipoh, Negeri Perak, MalaysiaTelephone: +60 19-614 6618Must-try: Beef meatballs and grilled chicken chops
4. Greentown Dim Sum CaféLocated at Greentown Avenue, this is a very famous Café in Ipoh selling hot halal dim sum varieties to its plenty of visitors! Apart from their 4 different Halal dim sum sets, their golden fish dumplings, charcoal seafood burgers, pyramid dumplings, crispy bean curd rolls, and BBQ chicken pau are a favorite amongst visitors. They also offer plenty of noodles and rice varieties. Visit this Café to experience their tasty dim sums served in a hot bamboo steamer!
Opening Hours: 9 AM to 7:30 PM (Monday, Wednesday - Friday), 8:30 AM to 8 PM (Saturday & Sunday), Closed on TuesdaysLocation: 10, Persiaran Greentown 4, Greentown Avenue, 30450 Ipoh, Negeri Perak, MalaysiaTelephone: +60 12-398 2010Must-try: Pyramid dim sums, BBQ chicken pau, charcoal seafood burger
5. Konda Kondi Café & BistroSituated just opposite the SOS nightclub, this café and Bistro is an open-air cool hangout place with three floors. Serving mainly Malaysian and Asian cuisine, they serve the best chicken burgers, spicy nachos, and warm spaghettis. It has a cozy and modern hipster environment giving you retro vibes and can get really crowded at night! Please note to make prior reservations while planning for a group dinner or meal at this place.
Opening Hours: 5 PM – 12 AM (Monday, Wednesday & Thursday), 5 PM - 12:30 AM (Friday to Sunday), closed on TuesdayLocation: 183, Jalan Sultan Idris Shah, Ipoh Perak, MalaysiaTelephone: +60 16-492 9660Must-try: Chicken lava burger, Cinnamon Coffee
6. Restaurant Fuziah Nasi Ayam Pasar BulatThis halal restaurant in Ipoh is a household name when it comes down to having chicken rice! With a compact setting, this small restaurant has been serving its signature Hainan chicken rice for over three decades. Their crispy roasted chicken topped with soy sauce and chilies is a pure mouth-watering dish and is worth a try! Don’t look out for any other dishes as their signature dish is the only item on their menu!
Opening Hours: 11:30 AM to 10:30 PMLocation: No. 78, Jalan Mustapha Al-Bakri, Taman Jubilee, 30300 Ipoh, Negeri Perak,MalaysiaTelephone: +60 12-550 4556Must-try: Hainan Chicken Rice
7. Restoran M SalimThis popular chain of outlets with two branches serves Indian and Malaysian cuisine with South Indian halal food items in its menu. Famous for their Nasi Biryani Anarkali and Nasi Kandar, this is one of the best Muslim-Indian restaurants with a casual dining atmosphere. Cooked with fragrant basmati rice, Indian spices and herbs, and served with thick spicy curry, their specialty biryanis are to die for! They also serve other Malay dishes such as Mee Goreng and roti canai as an alternative to the Indian varieties.
Opening Hours: 6:30 AM to 11 PMLocation:a) 75, Jalan Tokong, Taman Hoover, 31650 Ipoh, Negeri Perak, Malaysiab) 22 Jalan Yang Kalsom, Taman Jubilee Ipoh, Negeri Perak, 30300, MalaysiaTelephone: +6052554786Must-try: Fish Head Curry, Nasi Biryani Anarkali, Nasi Kandar
8. Tiffin RestaurantResiding inside Hotel Weil, this is a Buffet restaurant providing an extensive range of international cuisines right from contemporary food to local Malay delicacies. Their Ala Carte menu caters to all age groups with small and large appetites. Some of their menu varieties include Chicken and Beef murtabak, Babur lambuk, and chicken rice with Ayam Panggang Percik being their signature dish. There are plenty of other fruit tarts, puddings and dessert options for that last sweet touch!
Opening Hours:Breakfast: 6:30 AM - 10:30 AMLunch: 12:00 PM - 2:30 PMDinner: 6 PM - 10:30 PMLocation: 292, Jalan Sultan Idris Shah, 30000 Ipoh, Negeri Perak, MalaysiaTelephone: +60 5-208 2021Must-try: Ayam Panggang Percik
9. Restaurant CaterbestKnown for their Chinese cuisine, this restaurant has an official Halal certification from Jakim, offering the best Halal food in a cozy, old-fashioned ambiance. They also have a buffet line service with a fusion of Chinese and Malay style food options. Wat tan hor, chicken chops, lamb chops, New Zealand steak and Inchi Kabin chicken are a few of their menu items. However, the ‘Curry Fish Head’ is their house specialty!
Opening Hours: 11:30 AM to 10:30 PMLocation: 74 & 74A, Jalan Bercham, Taman Seri Dermawan, 31400 Ipoh, Negeri Perak, MalaysiaTelephone: +60 5-547 8622Must-try: Curry Fish Head, Inchi Kabin Chicken
10. Kedai Kopi Yong SuanEstablished since 1956, this is a very old halal food stall in Ipoh catering to its Indian and Muslim visitors through Halal-friendly and pork-free food! Offering the famous Nasi Ganja and Nasi Kandar dishes, they serve the most delicious curries and gravy with a finger-licking Indian touch to it! Note that this place has outdoor seating which can get crowded during peak hours and is not suitable for laid back casual dining.
Opening Hours: 9:30 AM to 6 PM (Sunday to Friday), 9:30 AM to 5 PM on SaturdayLocation: Kedai Kopi Yong Suan, 2, Jalan Yang Kalsom, 30250 IpohTelephone: +60 5-254 4314Must-try: Nasi Kandar Ayam Merah, Nasi Ganja
11. Restoran New HollywoodThis is one of the popular joints offering Chinese Halal food in Ipoh at a reasonable price in outdoor seating with a friendly ambiance. It also serves Asian and Malaysian food and is a top brunch and a breakfast spot for most tourists and locals. Prawn noodles, Siam laksa, beef noodles, Curry Mee, and Hong Kong chee Cheong fun are popular local favorites! Experience a true Malaysian atmosphere with local delights at this place surrounded by casual dining amongst a healthy local crowd.
Opening Hours: 7 AM to 10 PM, Closed on MondaysLocation: Taman Canning, 31400 Ipoh, Perak, MalaysiaTelephone: +60 12-290 8887Must-try: Beef noodles, Chee Cheong fun, Hainanese Coffee
12. Restoran Hj. Sharin Low GrandPopular among the locals for their seafood variety, this Chinese Muslim restaurant serves authentic home-style Asian and Chinese Halal food in Ipoh. With plenty of Southern Chinese varieties such as Nasi Goreng Cina, Chinese beef steak, Char siew chicken, Belacan chicken, Tofu mushrooms, steamed fish, and special prawns, they cater to a wide range of customers, both local and tourists from abroad. You can also try their soupy flat noodle specialty Kung Fu HorFun!
With the above restaurants and eateries in Ipoh offering plenty of halal food options to choose from, searching the right hotspot for a perfect dine-in should not be that difficult anymore! Don’t forget to share your food experiences with us!Opening Hours: 11 AM to 11 PMLocation: 16, Persiaran Greenhill, Kampung Jawa, 30450 Ipoh, Negeri Perak, MalaysiaTelephone: +60 5-253 7686Must-try: CharSiew Chicken, Belacan Chicken