You will find a lot of Vietnamese food in Long Xuyen. Along with Vietnamese, you can gorge on Burmese and Thai food that is easily available here.
- The sumptuous Long Xuyen rice noodle soup with fish is a delicious bowl that serves the goodness of the city?s special produce all in one - rice, noodles, fish and broth that is cooked in coconut water.
- Beef is cooked in a number of ways like boiled beef guts, grilled beef, rice congee with beef head, braised beef with bread, stir-fried beef with vang leaves and stir-fried beef with vegetables.
- Tung Lo Mo is another speciality. It is like a sausage that is sun-dried, grilled, seasoned with chillies and herbs and served with rice vermicelli (or bread), star fruit and slices of green banana. Locals enjoy dipping in it chilli sauce or a mix of salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Black scorpions are a speciality of Long Xuyen. They are caught and then kept for days so that they clean their stomach. Then they are deep-fried for a crispy crust.
- La Sau Dau (Azadirachta Indica leaf) Salad is a local preparation made Lau Sau Dau with braised pork, shrimp, fish (steamed or macerated).
- Macerated fish guts is a traditional delicacy that is kept in a jar for three months and eaten with herb flavoured steamed rice. These are often served with pork belly, duck egg and ginger.
- Another intriguing dish is sticky steamed rice which is finely crushed to smooth dough consistency. The dough is then shaped into round balls which are then deep-fried till golden brown and crispy.
- Chau Doc Cow Cake with palm sugar is a yummy concoction of rice powder, palm sugar and yeast.