Timings : Sunday to Thursday - 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM, Friday and Saturday - 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Time Required : 1-2 hours
Children's City, Dubai Overview
Located at the Al Riyadh Street, the Children's City has several galleries, workshops and exhibits for children. Made for children aged between 2 – 15 years, it is a family-friendly place which permits adults and children over 16 to enter too. Formulated with the aim of promoting sustainability and awareness of the world to children, it lets the visitors explore, play, discover and learn in a new and unique edutainment centre. Children’s city is a 3-storey building with learning zones, amusement facilities and play areas for the kids.
The place also has a planetarium and a theatre which shows documentaries and educational shows. The space observatory, nature centres, computer workshops and science galleries enable the kids to explore everything that this place has to offer. The huge play area lets you make your own houses, bridges and teaches the importance of recycling waste too. It also has a wide variety of models of space, animals, cars, aeroplanes, helicopters, galaxy, etc.
Photos of Children's City
Book Dubai Activities
Burj Khalifa Observation Deck Ticket in Dubai
Deals start ₹2,855
Burj Khalifa + Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo Combo Tickets
Toddler (Less Than 2 years): Free Children 2-15 years: AED 10 Adults 16+: AED 15 Family Tickets (2 adults + 2 Children): AED 40 Schools (20 student+ trips): AED 5 per student Tourists and Private groups of 20+ people: AED 10 per person
The tickets can be purchased from the counter or can be booked online on Children's City website http://www.childrencity.ae.
Things to See at Children's City
1. Earth Science Gallery: Organised and made on the guidelines of the Climate Institute and National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration, this gallery is full of models on structures of the earth. Kids can have a great time full of amusement and knowledge as they unfurl the timelines of space and how the universe and earth developed.
2. Planetarium: The newly opened Planetarium can accommodate around 100 people and is perfect for exploring the most profound secrets and parts of the space. 3. Space Exploration: This exhibit is perfect to learn how astronauts live in space, how planes fly, and how the solar system works. You can have a hands-on experience on how to travel in space and also touch, see and know about the different types of rocks found on Earth's surface. It has several exhibits and centres which covers earthquakes and tornadoes, helicopter landing, solar system, life in space and spacecraft.
4. Nature Centre: Since this Children's centre focuses on sustainability and development, this exhibit is based on our environment, winds, waves, trees, rocks and flora-fauna. You can discover the sea fossils and sea rocks and also get to know about the marine creatures and their living patterns. It includes information and models on desert life, corals and the beautiful fishes.
5. Human Body: This exhibit emphasises on how the human body works and provides learning experiences about teeth, the human skeleton and more.
6. Resource Centre: It is perfect for adults and children, and you can find several books, magazines, research papers and encyclopaedias. You can also seek information on geography, culture, human body, history and weather.
7. Toddler's Area: Full of games, slides, interactive games and waterbeds, it is the go-to place for all young kids. It has rubber flooring and soft pads to protect kids from any injury. It also has several board games, boats, playing tunnels, pools, educational games and piano.
8. Al Ajyal Theatre: With the capacity of almost 300 people, it has the most advanced technology put to use. The theatre has the latest sound setup and a studio as well. The 2D movie system and projector facilities make it a popular place for conferences, seminars, ceremonies and stage performances.
9. Past and Present: This exhibit connects the past, present and the future. Children can get to witness past sailing and maritime trade. The display of carpets, dhows, creeks, fishing equipment, palm trees, dates and sailing boats provide the perfect connection of past with the present. It acts as an ideal connecting point and brings kids closer to their city and its history.
The facilities at Children's city are:
Wheelchair and baby stroller facilities
Braille system for the blind
Kids also get tour/informational guides in 10:1 ratio, who are well-versed with Arabic and English languages.
How To Reach Children's City
It can be visited by entering Creek Park from gate no. 1 and the location is easily accessible by taxis and cabs.
Compare quotes from upto 3 travel agents for free
Delightful Dubai Shopping Festival Package
Starting from ₹21,820
CUSTOMIZE & BOOK
Panoramic Dubai Tour
Starting from ₹13,900
CUSTOMIZE & BOOK
Fascinating Dubai Vacation
Starting from ₹33,986
CUSTOMIZE & BOOK
Romantic Dubai , Ras Al Khaimah, Yas Island and Abu Dhabi Package