Given the fact that Koh Samui is a vivacious island, there's a lot of open space from where you could sight the sun sinking in the sea. It could either be your hotel room or at a beach bar. Check out the guide below for the places with the best sunset views to make the most of your evening.
The beaches in Koh Samui are the ideal places to capture the sun changing colours, from golden to rose red. Whether you like to watch it laying back on a hammock or a beachside chair, sipping a drink at a bar or from your hotel room's bed-side window, consider hanging around in these areas for their widely popular sunset viewpoints.
Best Sunset Bars and Restaurants in Taling Ngam
1. Air BarHow would you like a 180-degree panoramic view of the beach while sipping wine? This bar, located at the InterContinental Samui Baan Resort ticks all the boxes on your perfect sunset view list. Pair your drink with a cheesecake or sushi, and you'll be more than just fulfilled. As quintessential as this already sounds, your experience gets even better when the DJ plugs in soothing songs, the ones who perfectly go along with the magnificent sun in the background. Grab a table indoors or get comfy on the outdoor sofas and watch as the best evening of your life unfolds in front of you. Although the restaurant is on the pricier side, it will be worth it, given the place provides the best of ambience and taste.
Timings: 5:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Address: At Intercontinental Samui Resort
2. L'Ananas RestaurantDining from a table overlooking the Gulf of Thailand is a treat to the eyes. The L' Ananas restaurant commands breathtaking views of the sun and nearby islands in addition to the mouthwatering food it serves. While the local Thai cuisine is what you should go for, the restaurant also has a range of international dishes prepared with keeping the health cautions in mind. Pair your food with a drink of your choice. With a selection of several different mineral drinks of water, fresh juices, and smoothies squeezed from fresh Koh Samui produce, aromatic teas, a hundred-year-old wine, you are spoilt for choice.
Timings: 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Address: The Sunset Beach Resort and Spa Taling Ngam
3. The Virgin Coast RestaurantSurrounded by coconut trees, the Virgin Coast Restaurant has an ideal tropical setting. Furnished with bamboo, thatch, and wood, the interiors of this restaurant are like that of a beach shack. With an alluring sunset view, the dinner experience here is as pleasant as it can get. Choose from their vast menu of Thai food with a western twist and toothsome seafood.
Timings: 11:30 AM to 10:30 PM
Address: Near Intercontinental Samui Resort
4. Jahn RestaurantJahn Restaurant is the place to be at when the sky shows off warm and soothing colours. Located on a hill, the spectacular sunset view from here is unmatched. The open wooden terrace here offers the perfect ambience in addition to the view. Indulge in the best of food and drinks the place has to offer while the sun sinks in the sea and waves crash in the background.
Timings: 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Address: Conrad Koh Samui, Hillcrest Road, Taling Ngam
Best Sunset Bars and Restaurants in Lipa Noi
1. Think & Retro CafeThink & Retro Cafe is a unique and quirky place constructed out of waste materials. The building is made up of shipping containers, and the interiors are decorated with second hand and waste materials. And it looks pretty decent! Located on Lipa Noi Beach, the restaurant faces west and offers one of the best sunset views in Samui. To top this off, the drinks and food prices here are affordable, making your sunset viewing experience an unforgettable one.
Timings: 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Address: Lipa Noi Beach
2. Nikki Beach ResortNikki Beach Resort is a luxurious club offering stunning sunset views. Lie down on the poolside with your favourite drink. The courteous staff would treat you like a VIP. The club is part of an exclusive Nikki Beach resort frequented by celebrities and rich business persons. Plan your trip as it's not so easy to get reservations in this hugely popular resort.
Timings: 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Address: Nikki Beach Resort Koh Samui
Best Restaurants and Bars in Bang Po
1. Krua Bang PoKrua Bang Po is a typical shack-style eatery of Thailand, the ones you come across at every beach. The restaurant features bamboo tables and plastic chairs. Despite its ordinary setting, the restaurant woos visitors due to the stellar view and cuisine it offers. The restaurant has a reputation for serving exceptional meats and seafood. Order a cold beer to help you gulp down the succulent food. With the gorgeous sunset of Koh Samui the background, you are in for a quiet evening.
Timings: 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Address: Tambon Mae Nam, Amphoe Ko Samui
2. Bang Po Beach RestaurantLocated in Bang Po Beach Resort, the tiny Bang Po Beach Restaurant serves authentic Thai cuisine with a tropical scenery to feast your eyes on. Secluded from humankind, the restaurant is a pit-stop for many travellers who are looking for a place to eat, enjoy a great view and unwind before they venture ahead. Before continuing your exploration, head over to Bang Po Beach Restaurant for their fresh coconuts and juices which would energise you for your trip ahead.
Address: 12/2 Moo 5, Bang Po Beach, Koh Samui
The setting sun is a sign that whatever happens, the day ends beautifully. The sunsets in Koh Samui are second-to-none and are sure to end your day off on a great note!