Here is a list of 17 places to enjoy the Koh Samui nightlife:
1. Ark Bar Beach ResortThis resort has one of the best bars in Chaweng for hardcore late-night parties. This place is certainly not for the peace-loving people as parties officially call off at 2:00 A.M. And still there can be some enduring up till sunrise. DJs, pool parties, fire shows are some of the many enjoyments you can live up to. Enticing Thai and International dishes are present to keep your mood uplifted. Beers, tequila, wine and cocktails will take you to another level of enjoyment.
Location: On the beach at the level of the northern end of Chaweng Lake
Timings: Open 24X7
2. Soi Green MangoThis street has served for decades to provide the best nightlife of Koh Samui for locals and tourists. You can chill at the beer bars or dance in the Mango club. Music volumes are always high to turn on the party animal in you.
The most famous bars and pubs in Soi Green Mango:
Location: Soi Green Mango, Chaweng
- Dream Girls
- Galaxy Samui
- Food Point
- The Green Mango Club
- Happy Bar
- Henry Africa's Bar
Timings: Varies for different bars and pubs
3. Solo Samui BarThis 2-storey bar is also one of the most famous bars in Chaweng known for its nightlife in Koh Samui. The highlights of this club include 6 screens for sports screenings, half-price cocktails at midnight, and a pool table for peace-lovers. This bar attracts younger generations as they gather around to watch their favourite DJs’. Cocktails and Shisha are present to keep up the jolly mood.
Location: 166/5 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach Road, entrance to Soi Bar Solo, Chaweng
Timings: 4:00 PM to 2:00 AM
4. Soi ReggaeIt is a street named after the most famous Reggae pub there. It is filled with nightclubs, cool lit bars, karaoke and free pool boards everywhere. At midnight the loud music takes over the atmosphere as the thrilling Techno scene kicks in. Attend the best parties in Koh Samui here!
Best bars and pubs in Soi Reggae:
Location: Soi Reggae, Chaweng.
- Coco Bar
- Reggae Pub
- Samui Pub
Timings: Varies according to different bars and pubs
5. Cha Cha Moon Beach ClubThis is considered as one of the best beach clubs in Koh Samui. It is a beehive for many party-goers because of half moon and full moon parties that go on all year round. There are different sections in the club where one can either rock n roll or sooth their nerves with vodka or smoke shisha on the beach bed.
Location: Amphoe Ko Samui, Chang Wat Surat Thani
Timings: 3:00 PM to 3:00 AM
6. Nikki Beach ClubThis is a high-end luxurious beach club found on the spotless Lipa Noi beach. It is a blind choice of the well-heeled tourists and locals looking for some bustling nightlife in Koh Samui. Booking price for the sofa, Sun loungers and beach beds vary according to the season and demand. You can enjoy from a myriad of drinks like Bellini, Nebuchadnezzar, Whiskey and beer, while the international DJs encircle it in a chill atmosphere. The famous Chicken Satay and Wok-tossed beef will definitely fill you with joy.
Location: 96/3 Moo 2, Route 4174, Lipa Noi
Timings: 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
7. WoobarThe modern design of the bar with its protruding deck on the northern coasts is simply picturesque. The interior of the bar is equally luxurious and aesthetically pleasing. Highly trained bartenders strive hard to create awe-inspiring drinks to their customers. To entice your taste buds dishes like Duck Quesadillas, grilled Chicken legs and pizzas are present. Girls, take your pals on Friday nights to enjoy a bottle of free champagne!
Location: About 800m north of Intercontinental Samui Resort
Timings: 11:30 AM to 11:30 PM
8. ZenzibarIt is situated to the north of Samui island on Laem Yai beach. This old school bar has one of the most genuine Thai cuisines you could ever experience. The stunning sunset view will be instilled in your hearts for the years to come. The prices of food and drinks are reasonable enough.
Location: Between Ampha Place Hotel and Sensimar Resort, in the north of Samui Island
Timings: 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
9. Lamai Central PlazaSpanning over an area of 2 km, it is rightly named as it lies in the Centre of Lamai Plaza. An inexpensive food court with its mouth-watering dishes like spring rolls, meat, papaya salad, and satay barbequed seafood will prepare you for the exhilarating parties at night. There is a famous bar called Cafe Madrid which offers all types of cocktails at USD 89. Other notable ones are Brazilian Munchies and Kebab King Cafe. There is also a boxing ring where frequent matches are held.
Location: Lamai central area
Timings: 6:00 PM to late at night.
10. Lava LoungeLava Lounge is for people who are looking for an experience that is more peaceful in the nightlife in Koh Samui. There will be no loud music or girls to disturb you. The main highlight of the Lava lounge is its cocktails. They can create fabulous cocktails in addition to the scores of already existing ones. The classic Belgium beers are also there if you want to switch it up a bit. As the name suggests the cafe will be decorated with Lava lamps and pristine bamboo sofas.
Location: Diagonally opposite Lamai Wanta Resort
Timings: 4:00 PM to 2:00 PM
11. Swing BarThe largest bar in Lamai has a host of different things to entertain you. There are super-comfy rope suspended swing chairs to relax and surf the internet with free Wi-Fi on offer. There are 3 different pool boards on offer. Many nightly beach parties are held, with weekly ones starring international DJs. Fire shows and fire dance performances are absolutely stunning. Drinks include the classics like cocktails, vodkas and beers. Shisha lovers will have an unforgettable experience with two entirely different dedicated setups. The bar's restaurant will have sandwiches, burgers and regular Thai food on the menu.
Location: At the Rich Resort, Lamai Beach
Timings: 7:30 AM to late night
12. Shamrock Irish PubThis is one of the oldest pubs in Lamai, opened back in 2005 and has been a classic place for nightlife in Koh Samui for locals and tourists. The pub has a typical Irish decor with Irish street signs, logos on the wall with a stage at the corner for live performances. The DJs play 5 times a week, during busy times. There are classic slate pool tables which are difficult to find. Live streaming of different sporting events is played on 6 big screens. Drinks might seem a bit pricey with beer options like Guinness, Kilkenny, Tiger and Fosters. As typical of an Irish pub, there is no wine on offer.
Location: Central Lamai
Timings: 10:00 AM to 2:00 AM
13. Coco TamsA beach bar in Kophut with most of its area in the open air. The surroundings are interspersed with beautiful palm thatched structures. Watching fire dances on comfy bean bags or swing seats with the much acclaimed 'Dark Passion' cocktail is simply a heavenly experience. Coco Tams bets on 'Dark Passion' as the best cocktail on Koh Samui. It is prepared from vodka, watermelon juice and Passion fruit. Cabanas and shisha pipes are also available here.
Location: 99/1 Moo 1, Bophut Beach, in front of The Wharf Samui, Fisherman’s Village, Bophut
Timings: 4:00 PM to 1:00 AM
14. Karma SutraThis restaurant in Kophut has one of the best interior designs. You will find exquisite wooden furniture, laid back seats with cushions and Buddha images all around. The menus are designed to look like newspapers and the food here is also amazing.
Location: Opposite the pier at the entrance to Fisherman’s Village
Timings: 7:00 AM to 1:00 AM
15. Frog and Gecko PubGraeme and Raphaella are the owners and managers of this lizard's themed pub. The pub has a rustic atmosphere with wooden furniture. The music here is from the 70s. The pub is overcrowded on Wednesday as they organize a quiz on that day. Regular Thai dishes along with delicious Indian curries will be enough to entice your buds. A large screen premiering sports channel and pool tables will make your evening even more thrilling.
Location: Fisherman's Village's main street
Timings: 11:00 AM to 2:00 AM
16. Paris Follies CabaretThis place is known for night shows from some of the most beautiful ladyboys and is a must-visit when exploring the nightlife in Koh Samui. This place plays music tracks by Whitney Houston, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga and many others. There are no entry fees but you will have to buy cocktails worth 390 THB. The shows are entertaining as audience members are sometimes made to interact with the performers. There are multiple shows starts from 8:00 P.M. and continue till 11:00 P.M.
Location: 166/92 Moo 2, off Chaweng Beach Road, Chaweng
Timings: 8:00 PM to 12:00 PM
17. On Street BarLocated on the popular Chaweng road, this place has the most-friendly atmosphere. The owner of On-Street had a dream of owning a bar where people could relax and make friends. He generally starts the conversation with visitors and makes it an extremely chill environment. There are several art pieces which will be delightful to observe. The different cocktail buckets and the exclusive Rainbow shots are one of a kind. Night shows are scheduled on Fridays and Saturdays at 11:00 P.M. This place is simply worth the visit.
Location: on Chaweng Beach Road at the entrance of KC Beach Club & Pool VillasKoh Samui is home to some of the best bars and pubs in the world. Many tourists come here only to be a part of the awesome nightlife in Koh Samui. The island really shows its enthralling ambience after the sun sets and a whole new world comes alive with the nightlife in Koh Samui.
Timings: 9:00 PM to 2:00 AM